X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMass Girls Div. 1

How are teams looking this year?

I would expect Gonk and Wachusett to be fighting again for the top spot. Both have depth from last year. How does Westboro, Nashoba and Shrewsbury look?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are teams looking this year?

I would expect Gonk and Wachusett to be fighting again for the top spot. Both have depth from last year. How does Westboro, Nashoba and Shrewsbury look?
    Marlboro will be in the mix. Shrewsbury will be weak again.

Comment

Marlboro will be in the mix. Shrewsbury will be weak again.
      Agreed. Marlboro has some young club players and played pretty good last year. Will give a few teams a surprise. Should make playoffs.

Comment

What's up with Shrewsbury year after year? I never seem to hear good things about their program from a W/L perspective. Is it the quality of their youth soccer program? Attrition to private school? It would seem that with a population similar to Marlborough and Needham it would have the same potential...

Comment

What's up with Shrewsbury year after year? I never seem to hear good things about their program from a W/L perspective. Is it the quality of their youth soccer program? Attrition to private school? It would seem that with a population similar to Marlborough and Needham it would have the same potential...
          Youth program on the girls side is brutal plus they lose kids now to private schools. Even in their heyday, they didn't win as much as they should have.

Comment

doesn't every school district lost some girls to private schools?

Comment

In the last five years SYS has driven every talented plsyer away on the girl's side. It's run by a couple of dads who have daughters who would not make a top team if they sprouted wings and were actively mean to the young talented club players. Coaches picked their daughters friends and the serious soccer families left. Even the top club players won't come back and play HS. I remember my daughter and many of her friends just telling their parents it was a complete farce. Now this group has gone on to represent the top clubs on the top teams. Very sad indeed but the families "in power" need to realize they've set Shrewsbury back for years to come. Even if they started now it would take years. Why would a town of 40,000 people be so bad? jMHO

Comment

In the last five years SYS has driven every talented plsyer away on the girl's side. It's run by a couple of dads who have daughters who would not make a top team if they sprouted wings and were actively mean to the young talented club players. Coaches picked their daughters friends and the serious soccer families left. Even the top club players won't come back and play HS. I remember my daughter and many of her friends just telling their parents it was a complete farce. Now this group has gone on to represent the top clubs on the top teams. Very sad indeed but the families "in power" need to realize they've set Shrewsbury back for years to come. Even if they started now it would take years. Why would a town of 40,000 people be so bad? jMHO
                Are these the same parents that have current juniors/seniors at SHS that continue to disappoint and previously blamed the prior coach?

Comment

Are these the same parents that have current juniors/seniors at SHS that continue to disappoint and previously blamed the prior coach?
                  SHS has been in a downfall since 2011 their last district final apperance. A coach can only do so much.

Comment

I'm from western mass but find this post interesting. Do you mean to tell me that a high school soccer program (I imagine they are first div play) has two dads in jeans coaching and running it ? I can't believe that happens this day of age.

Comment

I'm from western mass but find this post interesting. Do you mean to tell me that a high school soccer program (I imagine they are first div play) has two dads in jeans coaching and running it ? I can't believe that happens this day of age.
                      I think the poster was referring to the youth soccer program in Shrewsbury being run by dads, not the HS program.

Comment

No, it's the youth program that has the dads in jeans.

Comment

Agreed. Marlboro has some young club players and played pretty good last year. Will give a few teams a surprise. Should make playoffs.
                          If Marlboro didn't lose kids to private schools, they would be higher up.

Comment

No, it's the youth program that has the dads in jeans.
                            Thanks for the clarification. We got those as well. Most true A team kids leave and come back at HS. Therefore what is left is C and C +, B level kids playing kickball.

Comment

If the "good" kids are leaving, they certainly don't seem to be coming back at HS. So where are they going?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X