Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't say I would disagree with you...and my kid is going to national cup....I don't think anyone who wins that tourney believes it crowns the best team at the age group, but it is still an awesome experience and accomplishment. I am not suggesting the poster is saying it otherwise. It is what it is......a chance for mostly non ECNL teams and non NPL teams to play against winners of similar caliber from other parts of the country. My kids team is playing teams from states they will never probably see again. They are super excited....Good enough for me.
    Perfectly said.

Comment

Not trashing but the term "national cup" is very misleading .

The NPL finals are bigger. Only the winners of all the US club soccer leagues play here:
      http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/NPLFinals/

The national cup is second tier to the NPL finals
      If that is so, then can anyone explain why it is that NEFC U16G Elite beat up on their first opponent by a score of 10-0 yesterday. I mean, they're a good team and all, but what kind of legitimate National Finals has that type of disparity in its ranks?

Not hard to feel a bit sorry for those parents about now, as they are no doubt questioning the value of spending two weeks in Colorado just to put up double digits against the so-called competition. If NPL Finals are supposed to be the better competition, what is going to happen at the US Club National Cup next week?

Upon realizing that this is the type of outcome they're going to see in the NPL Finals and US Club National Cup, you would have to believe NEFC/Breakers can't get away from NPL and into ECNL and GDAP fast enough.

Comment

If that is so, then can anyone explain why it is that NEFC U16G Elite beat up on their first opponent by a score of 10-0 yesterday. I mean, they're a good team and all, but what kind of legitimate National Finals has that type of disparity in its ranks?

Not hard to feel a bit sorry for those parents about now, as they are no doubt questioning the value of spending two weeks in Colorado just to put up double digits against the so-called competition. If NPL Finals are supposed to be the better competition, what is going to happen at the US Club National Cup next week?

Upon realizing that this is the type of outcome they're going to see in the NPL Finals and US Club National Cup, you would have to believe NEFC/Breakers can't get away from NPL and into ECNL and GDAP fast enough.
        NPL is not that impressive of a league. Many of the clubs use it for second tier teams after they load up ECNL and DA teams.

Comment

NPL is not that impressive of a league. Many of the clubs use it for second tier teams after they load up ECNL and DA teams.
          That game was an outlier. Apparently the team that was originally scheduled dropped out. The remaining games should be better. That said, the league is not that strong. Look at the results from some of the other first games; there we a number of shutouts.

Comment

That game was an outlier. Apparently the team that was originally scheduled dropped out. The remaining games should be better. That said, the league is not that strong. Look at the results from some of the other first games; there we a number of shutouts.
            It's a confederation of leagues. Some of the leagues and their winners are strong and some are not. That's life.

Comment

It's a confederation of leagues. Some of the leagues and their winners are strong and some are not. That's life.
              I am still waiting on usclubsoccer to show me how much better they are than USYSA had 5 years ago. WAITING??

Comment

I am still waiting on usclubsoccer to show me how much better they are than USYSA had 5 years ago. WAITING??
                If you can't see the difference between how they are run then you aren't looking close enough

Comment

If you can't see the difference between how they are run then you aren't looking close enough
                  For those of us that we're not around 5 years ago, please provide some examples of the difference between they way the organizations are run.

Comment

For those of us that we're not around 5 years ago, please provide some examples of the difference between they way the organizations are run.
                    Why does any of this matter? Seriously at this point why does it matter.

Comment

WV back to back. Have fun

Comment

And its not the first time the regional finals were held there. the first time there was no actual grass on the newly bulldozed fields.

Here's more:

USYSA Boca Raton thanksgiving Interregional directly conflicts with the required attendance games in the national league. All national league players cannot attend Boca Interregional until well into the event and are compelled to pay full price and find own transportation from Airport to hotel for as young as 13 year olds

Costa Rica International Event conflicts with ODP finals players must choose which event to attend. Weakens all ODP teams and lessens competition.

Same organization should show some awareness of the timing of its own events.

I won't even go into the difficulties with player registrations, rostering and tournament administration.

Nepotism led to the WV venue and the RI venue. Both contracts I believe are now expired and likely there will be changes, but its too little too late. Only hope for USYSA is ECNL is weakened so badly by GDA that their program becomes relevant. Of course with the caveat that they get their *** in gear and fix problems like the above. it might be that competition will benefit the consumer on this one

Comment

Thanks Hillary!

Comment

What happened to the GPS NPL U14 Boys team that won their state title and the regional title?
                            Are they listed at U15 now?
                            They got smoked in Aurora. 10 goals against in 3 games! Revs boys were all the difference last year. Just the way it goes. Losing 2 or 3 more to them this August as well.

Comment

This national cup tournament is a joke.
                              1/3 of the teams are younger playing by next years age grouping.
                              The groupings are not randomly picked how can there be all these teams from New England and only a few are playing each other in pool play.

Comment

This national cup tournament is a joke.
                                1/3 of the teams are younger playing by next years age grouping.
                                The groupings are not randomly picked how can there be all these teams from New England and only a few are playing each other in pool play.
                                I just looked at the upcoming NPL national finals, which is, I assume, yet another national championship. I perused the listing of teams. Aside from our home grown GPS and Bayside, I don't recognize any other club listed.

Although its significance can be questioned the GS rankings of most of the teams are relatively low for what should be a national title.

If this were some kind of national title, why are there two groups (upper and lower tier) in each age group?

Finally, how much longer does youth soccer go on for? I was good with it ending in June so that summer can be enjoyed. Now I know the response to this....."your kid isn't playing is he/she?" Correct, we have traveled to the mountains, to the beach, to the really large craters....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X