Herget Division
    1. Natick
    2. Wellesley
    3. Walpole
    4. Milton
    5. Norwood
    6. Dedham

Surprising Teams: Weymouth/Natick
    Disappointing Teams: Brookline/Milton(will fail to improve on last year's impressive season)

How can Newton be so bad again? What's up with the program? Isn't the coach one of the top coaches at FCGBB ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who are this Falls Favorites?

Who is returning the most?

Who lost the most?

Surprise Team?

disappointing Team?

My Predictions for the season are....

Carey Division
    1. Braintree
    T2. Needham
    T2. Weymouth
    4. Framingham
    5. Brookline
    6. Newton North

Herget Division
    1. Natick
    2. Wellesley
    3. Walpole
    4. Milton
    5. Norwood
    6. Dedham

Disappointing Teams: Brookline/Milton(will fail to improve on last year's impressive season)

Comment

How can Newton be so bad again? What's up with the program? Isn't the coach one of the top coaches at FCGBB ?
      Dedham is going to surprise everyone.

Comment

Dedham is going to surprise everyone.
        I thought I read Dedham was going to the Tri Valley league this year?

Comment

I thought I read Dedham was going to the Tri Valley league this year?
          Not until next fall:

Tri-Valley League votes to accept Dedham High School

By Max Bowen and Rick Smith
          dedham@wickedlocal.com

Posted May 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM
          Updated May 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM

The Tri-Valley League athletic directors and principals voted unanimously to accept Dedham into the league for the fall 2017, according to the town’s Athletic Director Steve Traister.

This announcement follows a vote by the School Committee to approach the TVL to express their interest in joining. Eight years ago, Dedham tested the Tri-Valley League waters. Not everyone was on board for the move at the time.

Apparently, the time is right for Dedham to jump from the Bay State Conference, where the Marauders are the smallest school, to the TVL where they will be middle of the pack in terms of school size.

“Right now we have a have a population of 719 students,” said Traister “The second smallest school in our league has just under 1,000.”

The TVL, which includes Ashland, Bellingham, Dover-Sherborn, Holliston, Hopkinton, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Norton and Westwood, is a much better fit for Dedham.

Traister agrees.

“Participation-wise in the Tri-Valley, they have 10 teams, with us added we become the 11th, and we fit with five above us and five below us in terms of population.”

Comment

Who lost the most?

Surprise Team?

disappointing Team?

Carey Division
            1. Braintree
            T2. Needham
            T2. Weymouth
            4. Framingham
            5. Brookline
            6. Newton North

Herget Division
            1. Natick
            2. Wellesley
            3. Walpole
            4. Milton
            5. Norwood
            6. Dedham

Once again we start with the overrating of Weymouth

Comment

Once again we start with the overrating of Weymouth
              This team is a true wildcard.... They have a lot of returning players... only need to replace 3 key players. GK, CB, ST... Returning 3 starters in the back and entire midfield. Downfall could be scoring goals which has been the issue since 2012.

Comment

This team is a true wildcard.... They have a lot of returning players... only need to replace 3 key players. GK, CB, ST... Returning 3 starters in the back and entire midfield. Downfall could be scoring goals which has been the issue since 2012.
                Exactly. They need to replace their leading scorer on a team that struggled to score. I just don't see them being any sort of threat in the south without a player that can score goals for them.

Comment

Who lost the most?

Surprise Team?

disappointing Team?

Carey Division
                  1. Braintree
                  T2. Needham
                  T2. Weymouth
                  4. Framingham
                  5. Brookline
                  6. Newton North

Herget Division
                  1. Natick
                  2. Wellesley
                  3. Walpole
                  4. Milton
                  5. Norwood
                  6. Dedham

Needham is overrated here. Very young team, minimal returning players, and no scorers. Next year is a rebuilding year with some good years to follow.

Comment

Who lost the most?

Surprise Team?

disappointing Team?

Carey Division
                    1. Braintree
                    T2. Needham
                    T2. Weymouth
                    4. Framingham
                    5. Brookline
                    6. Newton North

Herget Division
                    1. Natick
                    2. Wellesley
                    3. Walpole
                    4. Milton
                    5. Norwood
                    6. Dedham

1.Braintree are the team to beat this year which is hard to say because they are never the team to beat but they have a lot of returning talent and coming off a great year with a deep run

2.Framingham could be a very surprising team this tear that could make a deep run in the tourney

3. Disappointing team could be brookline or weymouth
                    Brookline is a team I could see take a huge leap and surprise everyone this year but most likely be a 500 team and struggle to qualify for tourney... Weymouth has such great tradition and for the past 4 years we think they could make that leap to really challenge for the bsc league and make a deep run into the tourney but I dont think this is the year even though they have one of the top 3 players in the league

Comment

Exactly. They need to replace their leading scorer on a team that struggled to score. I just don't see them being any sort of threat in the south without a player that can score goals for them.
                      The returning midfield is unimpressive from what I saw. Bringing back mediocre field players after losing their one returning scoring threat shouldn't equate to much greater success - it probably will end up being the opposite.

Comment

I dont think this is the year even though they have one of the top 3 players in the league
                        Thanks dad! You always told me I was the best!

Comment

This is the EXACT discussion had last year, after they were pretty reliant on one dangerous player in 2014 who was a senior. Some thought Weymouth would be quite good in 2015 based on several returnees, while others doubted because could they score enough? Hindsight probably says they scored a little more in '15 than '14, but not an appreciable difference. Maybe Weymouth will do a little better in the league in '16, but as much because of Needham coming down than anything.

Comment

1.Braintree are the team to beat this year which is hard to say because they are never the team to beat but they have a lot of returning talent and coming off a great year with a deep run

2.Framingham could be a very surprising team this tear that could make a deep run in the tourney

3. Disappointing team could be brookline or weymouth
                            Brookline is a team I could see take a huge leap and surprise everyone this year but most likely be a 500 team and struggle to qualify for tourney... Weymouth has such great tradition and for the past 4 years we think they could make that leap to really challenge for the bsc league and make a deep run into the tourney but I dont think this is the year even though they have one of the top 3 players in the league
                            Agree that Braintree has to be considered league favorite
                            Don't see how Framingham can ever be described as "very surprising" to be good. It would be very surprising if they're not good. Pick them as runner-up. Brookline, Weymouth and Needham seemingly will be middling. Maybe NN can move up on them this year, as the cycle has to favor them again sometime. Not sure about Natick - might challenge Walpole. Wellesley getting younger, again, so a year away. Milton? Norwood and Dedham, in their BSC swan song, likely to struggle to compete.

Comment

Agree that Braintree has to be considered league favorite
                              Don't see how Framingham can ever be described as "very surprising" to be good. It would be very surprising if they're not good. Pick them as runner-up. Brookline, Weymouth and Needham seemingly will be middling. Maybe NN can move up on them this year, as the cycle has to favor them again sometime. Not sure about Natick - might challenge Walpole. Wellesley getting younger, again, so a year away. Milton? Norwood and Dedham, in their BSC swan song, likely to struggle to compete.
                              I disagree here.... I actually think Framingham will struggle again. They will have yet another young team and will struggle to beat Needham, Braintree, Weymouth and et...

I think this is the year Weymouth starts there upswing.... by upswing I mean 2nd or 3rd in the league and qualifying for the tournament before the last week of the season this year. At the same time I think this is the year Needham takes there first downward swing in several years.

I expect Braintree to win the league then have Weymouth/Needham battling for 2nd/3rd with Framingham being a close 4th.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X