Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Like someone said, the DA team is the lowest priority in that organization in terms of resources and even just caring. Players can make the best of the situation given they still are the best option in the area. But it's good for newbies to go in with eyes wide open
    Boys can meet in the park and play pick up, then.

Comment

Boys can meet in the park and play pick up, then.
      i

They aren't allowed to participate in soccer activities outside of DA scheduled programming.

Comment

i

They aren't allowed to participate in soccer activities outside of DA scheduled programming.
        I am pretty sure they can play in the park, play soccer in PE, and kick the ball around at home.

Comment

It was the worst they played all season. A classic get on the bus and forget about the game kind of game. They beat KSC 3-1 earlier in season.
          So they beat KSC earlier in the season but when they added in their eligible NT players from the residency program and the U18 team, they played their worst game? Huh? Let's not forget that when they added their eligible NT players for GenAdidas Cup, the team showed 0 wins and 16 GA in six qualifying games, finishing at the very bottom of the East Regional.

You can try to spin it any way you want, but the results speak for themselves.

Comment

So they beat KSC earlier in the season but when they added in their eligible NT players from the residency program and the U18 team, they played their worst game? Huh? Let's not forget that when they added their eligible NT players for GenAdidas Cup, the team showed 0 wins and 16 GA in six qualifying games, finishing at the very bottom of the East Regional.

You can try to spin it any way you want, but the results speak for themselves.
            A lot of Different players got plenty of playing time in GA cup over the past two seasons and that's a good thing for the program however wins don't hurt either. There were some NT players missing from the playoff KSC game which didn't help matters.

Comment

A lot of Different players got plenty of playing time in GA cup over the past two seasons and that's a good thing for the program however wins don't hurt either. There were some NT players missing from the playoff KSC game which didn't help matters.
              TF was there. He actually let in a goal and almost let in two others. His long balls (predictable) didn't help either. Another NT prospect (the tall defender) allowed another goal with a text book mess-up. Midfield has former NT player AST . Couple other NT invites played too.

Comment

TF was there. He actually let in a goal and almost let in two others. His long balls (predictable) didn't help either. Another NT prospect (the tall defender) allowed another goal with a text book mess-up. Midfield has former NT player AST . Couple other NT invites played too.
                I wonder how many games that line up actually played together prior to that game. No excuses but being familiar with your teammates has a little something to do with team performance.

Comment

If there is ever a sport that combines soccer and excuse making, the Revs will never be beat.

Comment

I am pretty sure they can play in the park, play soccer in PE, and kick the ball around at home.
                    Of course they can, and should. Free play makes you a better player. The no-play rule is for "organized" things like non DA camps, leagues, ODP etc.

Just don't get injured and then have to tell the Revs how it happened.

Comment

I wonder how many games that line up actually played together prior to that game. No excuses but being familiar with your teammates has a little something to do with team performance.
                      That's true, but chemistry is not something the Revs attempt to develop.

Comment

The U18 team is not a team that competes in any World Cup programs. If any of these kids were that good they would be playing on the U20 team. The purpose of this team and the U19 team is to try and identify kids that might be good enough to play on the real NT squads. Certainly a good accomplishment but need to be realistic. Go watch these two play in the Fall and judge if they are NT caliber. The forward scored 5 goals all last year and was not even dominant when playing at age. That being said, the pathetic Revs seem to be determined to make him the next homegrown. Hope he likes the bench since he can join ZH on it. DJ was excellent two years ago but not anymore. Most have caught up and passed him. Not a reliable defender and thinks he is capable of taking everyone on one on one. He then loses the ball and leaves his defense to cover for the mistake.
                        I have seen more New England players than most here. And have no connection to any of them. The above post is correct and points to US soccer being about who you know rather than how you play, and goes a long way to explain why the NT's are so mediocre.

fwiw (again no connection to any NE player), the best forward in NE lives in Maine.

Comment

That's true, but chemistry is not something the Revs attempt to develop.
                          Exactly, our country is huge and the DAP is supposed to be about training players up so they can have success when plug and played in with unfamiliar groups of players. NT camps deal with this every 2 to 3 months. I can assure you a huge number of DAP clubs do not follow this philosophy. There is no other team that mixes the line up more than REVS DAP. Its supposed to make a better player in the long term.

Comment

I have seen more New England players than most here. And have no connection to any of them. The above post is correct and points to US soccer being about who you know rather than how you play, and goes a long way to explain why the NT's are so mediocre.

fwiw (again no connection to any NE player), the best forward in NE lives in Maine.
                            Did they bring back Happy Hour in Maine? Pass the Grappa

Comment

Did they bring back Happy Hour in Maine? Pass the Grappa
                              Grappa in Maine? PBR is more like it

Comment

DA has politics and favoritism even though you'd hope it doesn't. The Revs aren't immune to that, but I do find it less than at premier clubs. Anyway, it's tough to play in a new league that doesn't even start until next year.
                                Couldn't wait forever for ecnpl , moved my kid to DA this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X