Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The guy predicting a Braintree undefeated season, seems unaware?
    Has any team gone undefeated in the Bay state League?

Comment

Has any team gone undefeated in the Bay state League?
      Newton North Girls in 2012

Comment

What does powerhouse Needham have left to keep them so highly ranked?

Comment

Meaningless seems a bit strong. Earning Div 2 championship means that the winning team is the best Div 2 team in the state.

What kind of championship floats your boat? And why would you minimize the accomplishments of any group of high school kids who invest time and effort to achieve a common goal?
          Winning d2 means you were the winner in Eastern Mass. only. But it's a little more meaningful for a south team, because many of the north teams in d2 really belong in d1. All this is why the soccer committee would really do the players a service by having all the divisions (whether 3, 4 or some other number) be statewide.

Comment

Newton North Girls in 2012
            Weymouth boys have done it before

Comment

Would not call myself a weymouth fan boy... I follow the entire league. Braintree is the most athletic and hardworking team in the league with a good amount of offensive skill to go along with it. I said I picked them to win the league but I do have Needham falling after finally losing players and not returning a D1 quality player for the first time in 8 years and I do have Weymouth surprising some people this year with the returning players they bring back.

The Carey Division will likely go like this
              1. Braintree 13-1-2 28pts
              2. Needham 10-3-3 23pts
              3. Weymouth 9-3-4 22pts
              4. Framingham 8-4-4 20pts
              5. Brookline 6-6-4 16pts
              6. Newton North 3-9-4 10pts

The Herget Division
              1. Natick 8-3-5 21pts
              2. Wellesley 7-5-4 18pts
              3. Walpole 6-4-6 18pts
              4. Milton 4-8-4 12pts
              5. Norwood 2-13-1 5pts
              6. Dedham 0-15-1 1pt
              This is a reasonable forecast, although a win somewhere might need to be switched to a loss to balance the W-L ledger. Per the Bay State Conference thread, don't get too worked up about the order of Needham/Weymouth/Framingham finishing 2/3/4, because you can see that it will be close and could come down to a key call, key injury, weather, etc.

Comment

I would qualify braintree over the past 7 years as pretty poor with 1-2 good runs in the tournament. Those 2 years that you miss the tournament completely take quite a bit of stock out of the years they made runs. It's a very average to poor program traditionally with one or two Cinderella type runs
                To judge, consider that Braintree is middle-of-the-pack in enrollment in d1 south. They are nowhere near as big as the Big 3 and Catholic schools, and well behind Weymouth and even Attleboro. If you're middling in size, you should expect to make the tournament most years, and win a tourney game some years. That's what Braintree's done.

With what they did last year (regular season included) and prospectively this year, it's their once-in-a-generation group of players. They should celebrate, with high effort and good sportsmanship, because it could well be 2050 before this comes around again.

Comment

Every now and again, a school gets basically a dream team and vies for winning a state title before going back to mediocrity. 2009 Catholic Memorial comes to mind. This could be Braintree's year to be that kind of team.

Comment

Final standings from Braintree summer league (according to director of the league) and yes we know.... It's summer league

Norwell.......................................15pt s
                    Needham ...................................12
                    Hingham.....................................11
                    Braintree.....................................10
                    Weymouth...................................10
                    Westwood....................................9
                    Rockland......................................9
                    Thayer Academy..........................8
                    Taunton .......................................7
                    Archbishop Williams.....................6

Comment

Every now and again, a school gets basically a dream team and vies for winning a state title before going back to mediocrity. 2009 Catholic Memorial comes to mind. This could be Braintree's year to be that kind of team.
                      If only they didn't have a few head cases. Their downfall will be the dirty play of the few.

Comment

Final standings from Braintree summer league (according to director of the league) and yes we know.... It's summer league

Norwell.......................................15pt s
                        Needham ...................................12
                        Hingham.....................................11
                        Braintree.....................................10
                        Weymouth...................................10
                        Westwood....................................9
                        Rockland......................................9
                        Thayer Academy..........................8
                        Taunton .......................................7
                        Archbishop Williams.....................6
                        Mighty Braintree finishing behind Hingham and Norwell?? Summer league applies to both teams, I think there's a far greater chance the Norwell and Hingham kids are away on vacation than the Braintree players. This is funny

Comment

Mighty Braintree finishing behind Hingham and Norwell?? Summer league applies to both teams, I think there's a far greater chance the Norwell and Hingham kids are away on vacation than the Braintree players. This is funny
                          Not quite "steamrolling", now are they?

Comment

Not quite "steamrolling", now are they?
                            Boy are you reaching right now. See you during the real season skippy.

Comment

Boy are you reaching right now. See you during the real season skippy.
                              I'm not suggesting that they won't do well this season. Just pointing out that a "once in a generation" type of team would at least finish in the top 3 in a summer league.

Comment

I'm not suggesting that they won't do well this season. Just pointing out that a "once in a generation" type of team would at least finish in the top 3 in a summer league.
                                Cant wait to see the excuses start flowing from the Wamps camp: injuries, bad scheduling, poor officiating, coaching strategy, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X