Boston Breakers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In general, the owners hire the GM. The GM hires the coach with the approval of the owner. The GM and the coach run the drafting, trades, coach the team etc...and consult the managing owner if a BIG move is involved. Probably like trading McCaffrey. Anyway everyone is responsible for where this club is. You can't entirely blame any one person.

People want to see progress and a better product. The value and fan support will come as it improves. There is just no excitement around this team based on the job they have all done. The have no BIG TIME marketable star players, the trades have been at best suspect, at worst they have gotten fleeced by Chicago, so hopefully they bottom out this year and some of the draft picks might be packaged to get an impact player or they draft well and find the next star players.

So many things seem to upside down with their front office, ownership and coaching. We all hope it gets better.

Comment

McCaffrey requested the trade. Didn't like treatment from management. A good number of current and former players have issues with LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Anybody willing to take a guess what the franchise is worth? Has it appreciated in the last few years?
        There are several ways to value a business. Most popular is to use a discounted cash flow analysis. Where is the projected revenue coming from? TV? Gate? Advertisers? The WNBA gets assistance from the NBA but I don't believe womens soccer gets anything significant from MLS or US Youth soccer.

Any womens soccer franchise is not worth very much

Comment

McCaffrey requested the trade. Didn't like treatment from management. A good number of current and former players have issues with LB.
          Must have tweeted it. She likes doing that

Comment

There are several ways to value a business. Most popular is to use a discounted cash flow analysis. Where is the projected revenue coming from? TV? Gate? Advertisers? The WNBA gets assistance from the NBA but I don't believe womens soccer gets anything significant from MLS or US Youth soccer.

Any womens soccer franchise is not worth very much
            Its a way for wealthy owners to write off luxury expenses like vehicles, vacations, entertainment, etc. But at some point the annual losses add up.

Comment

Its a way for wealthy owners to write off luxury expenses like vehicles, vacations, entertainment, etc. But at some point the annual losses add up.
              I would guess the IRS would considerate a hobby and not a business at some point. I'm not sure what the rule is on that.

Comment

I would guess the IRS would considerate a hobby and not a business at some point. I'm not sure what the rule is on that.
                Yes. And at that point, businesses get sold or dissolve.

Comment

Must have tweeted it. She likes doing that
                  I love how every player that leaves is the problem. Joke organization, top to bottom.

Comment

I love how every player that leaves is the problem. Joke organization, top to bottom.
                    I think the poster was referring to her history of tweets

Comment

Yes. And at that point, businesses get sold or dissolve.
                      Time for a new hobby. Just curious if they have any real assets? It would be interesting to see what they put down.

Comment

Time for a new hobby. Just curious if they have any real assets? It would be interesting to see what they put down.
                        They rent everything. No real assets to speak of.

Comment

Hahahaha, troll. Players have issues with coaches not the business people who operate outside of playing aspects.

Comment

Hahahaha, troll. Players have issues with coaches not the business people who operate outside of playing aspects.
                            Typical diva. Girl needs to put her big girl panties on and act like the pro she is supposed to be. Think many of the Patriots love BB and don't have issues with him?

Comment

Does anyone actually know who the actual "owners" of the Breakers are? I don't ever remember reading who they are and when you think about it, they seem to be the only pro sports franchise in Boston where there isn't a very public figure out in front of the owners. For all anyone knows the owners could be piss poor regular Joe's scrimping by on a wing and a prayer or an owner like Jeremy Jacobs who sucks out more than he puts in.

Comment

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...oston-breakers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X