fuller hamlets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possessing the ball is an important part of the game, but knowing when to attack is equally or even more important. Much of the possession is designed to isolate players and then go direct to goal, i.e. over the top is not always a bad thing. Watch some Champions League play.

Knowing several of Hamlets coaches, they do not coach kick ball. Part of the results are based on the players' response to pressure. It is much easier for a player in the defensive half to "boot it" than to with possession attempt to beat a player 1v1.

Since parents go ballistic when there is a turn-over the players in fear of their parents will boot it.

As a referee, I have rarely heard a coach shout boot it. It almost always comes from the parents.

Comment

Fuller Hamlets will be Stars Central South in less than 18 months

Comment

Originally posted by Give the ball to Mary View Post
        Fuller Hamlets will be Stars Central South in less than 18 months
        And what will Liverpool become?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Bayside North

Comment

Funny, I remember a thread a year or two ago suggesting a number of clubs in that area partnering up. That was never going to happen and the suggestions above are just as unlikely. The egos within the smaller clubs are likely to prevent such an acquisition, merger or partnership (whatever you want to call it), never mind the likes of Stars, NEFC or other "destination" clubs aren't that interested. Clubs building, growing, on the upswing are sensible targets, clubs withering away aren't.

Comment

Liverpoolfsc.

Comment

Liverpool is not merging. They are a club that has been alive for years. They give players great training for cheap money. The owner BG is an awesome guy and helps out everyone. Great club to play for and training as a youngster is some of the best. My kids played for them and then moved on. Highly recommend this club for a young child and player.

Comment

Liverpool is not merging. They are a club that has been alive for years. They give players great training for cheap money. The owner BG is an awesome guy and helps out everyone. Great club to play for and training as a youngster is some of the best. My kids played for them and then moved on. Highly recommend this club for a young child and player.
                  It might help if you view a club like Liverpoolfsc as a training center for younger players, some of whom may decide to pursue different options. Many clubs the world over are known as centers of training and their job is to develop and sell players. Too bad LFSC can't follow that business plan. Imagine if there was a fee for Stars et all who rely on others to supply their developed players to be paid to the initial club. Hmmm.
                  Liverpoolfsc has an excellent Academy program and younger teams and deserves credit for their work, as do many of the smaller clubs.

Comment

PR is a great trainer and coach. They have a good academy. After that if you are not on PR team you are getting screwed out of money and training. Several of the coaches are dads. If I want my child trained by a dad I play town. Overall, Liverpool is a "glorified town club"

Comment

PR is a great trainer and coach. They have a good academy. After that if you are not on PR team you are getting screwed out of money and training. Several of the coaches are dads. If I want my child trained by a dad I play town. Overall, Liverpool is a "glorified town club"
                      PR is a dad. Several of the coaches who are dads have their national licenses and a couple of them have the Advanced National. They are serious coaches who follow a set curriculum that instills good soccer and training. The fact that they are proud fathers who happen to coach at a higher level should be applauded, not denigrated. Their qualifications are impressive for any level and equal to, if not higher, than many of the coaches in the glorified clubs.

Comment

PR is a dad. Several of the coaches who are dads have their national licenses and a couple of them have the Advanced National. They are serious coaches who follow a set curriculum that instills good soccer and training. The fact that they are proud fathers who happen to coach at a higher level should be applauded, not denigrated. Their qualifications are impressive for any level and equal to, if not higher, than many of the coaches in the glorified clubs.
                        Bam!

This comment upsets the delicate economy around professional coaching of youth athletes. Prepare for the onslaught.

Comment

Bam!

This comment upsets the delicate economy around professional coaching of youth athletes. Prepare for the onslaught.
                          Interesting. How many dads are coaching their sons right now at the LLWS in Williamsport?
                          Are they being paid? Are those parents complaining about their success? Are there even paid coaches in little league?
                          Ignorance and salesmen are the bane of youth soccer in Mass.

Comment

If only there were a club that had under paid teenagers from Europe to train our kids. That way we could avoid the horror of fathers who played in College with A,B or C licenses from poisoning the minds of our players.

Comment

The last few posts on this thread are some of the best I've read on TS in a long time.

FWIW, I'm not necessarily a fan of the smaller clubs, many could fold up tomorrow and I'd be among those who wouldn't miss them. But that's got nothing to do with their coaches necessarily, Fuller Hamlets included.

Comment

Are they even around anymore? Talking about a club falling off the face of the earth. Guess punt and run isn't worth 2k anymore. Can't say I'm unhappy they are irrelevant anymore. Always enjoyed watching the kids team beat them.
                                My Daughters Hamlet team has been in the State Cup semi-finals or finals for the last 6 years. Losing twice on PK's for the championship against the Stars. They continue to do well, have lost 5 players over the years to the stars, and yet continue to make it. You may not like the club, but I would say this team is not a punt and run.

This thread sounds like it is coming from the former DOC who defected last minute. There is always a hidden agenda to these posts. Play where you play and have fun with it. My daughter certainly is having fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X