Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Duke education on full display.

#greatness

#championships
    #whatyougotforallyoursh!t

Comment

Did you see who they played? Pretty pathetic competition down there. Should have just stayed here and scrimmaged stars. Waste of a trip but congrats.
      That's the problem with all these leagues. The competition continues to get more and more watered down. Go look at the USYS Nationals brackets and see how much more competitive the teams are compared to NPL Finals.

Comment

Lol. Does calling their accomplishment weak make you somehow feel better for your club once again coming up short? NEFC has accumulated more hardware than anyone else in this state has ever accumulated so they get to talk as much trash as they care to because winning is the primary objective in sports and they have backed up their words with actions. Sux to suck!!
        But the hardware that they've collected, such as an NPL Finals medal, is not much to brag about when you look at the teams you beat to get to the finals. I think you'd be better served at practicing a little humility and a lot less trash talk. Pretty pathetic if you think about it.

Comment

But the hardware that they've collected, such as an NPL Finals medal, is not much to brag about when you look at the teams you beat to get to the finals. I think you'd be better served at practicing a little humility and a lot less trash talk. Pretty pathetic if you think about it.
          Just jealous.

Comment

No doubt another thread about btdt can't be far behind.

Comment

No doubt another thread about btdt can't be far behind.
              Why? Why him in particular?

Comment

Wow, your Varsity team beat a JV team..... congrats!
                I guess you forgot to mention that this Stars team you smoked was their B team?
                Same goes for the U16s, they beat East Meadow 2-0 (one of their closest games) and that was the East Meadow B team.
                Enjoy your "National titles" while you can - next year will be a little different.
                No sense crowing about all your gold medals on TS people who know better. Go tell your friends at work who are LAX families, they'll be impressed.
                Who did East Meadow beat in their league semi-finals game? Oh yeah, Stars.

Comment

Who did East Meadow beat in their league semi-finals game? Oh yeah, Stars.
                  Also the B team. What is your point?

Comment

Also the B team. What is your point?
                    Where does the a team hide?
                    Have THEY won anything?

Comment

Stars top teams have been ducking NEFC elite for years. This next year it will be fun to view the results and read the Stars excuses when they lose. Can't call it their "B" team, or any game a meaningless "showcase" when the teams are competing head to head in ECNL.

Comment

Stars top teams have been ducking NEFC elite for years. This next year it will be fun to view the results and read the Stars excuses when they lose. Can't call it their "B" team, or any game a meaningless "showcase" when the teams are competing head to head in ECNL.
                        Stop with the BS. kids good enough to play in either clubs top teams would be happy to do so.

Comment

Having played both teams, I think Stars are the better overall team, while NEFC (and at most age groups from what I've seen/heard), rely heavily on 1-3 players. Will be interesting when they meet this season for sure.

Comment

Having played both teams, I think Stars are the better overall team, while NEFC (and at most age groups from what I've seen/heard), rely heavily on 1-3 players. Will be interesting when they meet this season for sure.

What position do you play dad?

Comment

I play roving dad. The club deploys me on the sideline where needed to snuff out opposing club advances toward our moms or players. It is crucial I read the game well and act quickly, especially against some of the more aggressive, young coaches. An effective roving dad knows danger presents itself in the parking lot, on the phone, in the concession line, bathrooms, or team practices and is prepared to cover a lot of ground with a varied skill set.

Comment

I play roving dad. The club deploys me on the sideline where needed to snuff out opposing club advances toward our moms or players. It is crucial I read the game well and act quickly, especially against some of the more aggressive, young coaches. An effective roving dad knows danger presents itself in the parking lot, on the phone, in the concession line, bathrooms, or team practices and is prepared to cover a lot of ground with a varied skill set.
                                Great response Dad!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X