Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. It would be helpful to have all the teams listed, where the clubs are located geographically, with their former Maple division and record as well. That way we could get a true analysis of what exactly Maple has lost and what NEP is getting. It would identify the areas where the loss will be felt the hardest, which teams will have to travel more and might not find suitable competition.
    Might help calm some worries...or make it worse?
    Here you go. Below is link to each club with their location, spring list of teams, and records. I expect your full analysis by days end.

https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/184/
    https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/314/
    https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/353/
    https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/1/
    https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/55/
    https://games.maplesoccer.com/index.cfm/club/212/

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!
      Do you have any insight on which teams may have moved from their age bracket (playing up) since the age change. That would be necessary to complete my analysis.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!
        Do you have any insight on which teams may have moved from their age bracket (playing up) since the age change. That would be necessary to complete my analysis.
        Every team has to move up. But I'm sure many clubs haven't finalized teams and rosters yet.

Comment

I agree. It would be helpful to have all the teams listed, where the clubs are located geographically, with their former Maple division and record as well. That way we could get a true analysis of what exactly Maple has lost and what NEP is getting. It would identify the areas where the loss will be felt the hardest, which teams will have to travel more and might not find suitable competition.
          Might help calm some worries...or make it worse?
          The last statement is funny. All NEP is getting is another pay check. The founding members all have their upper teams in npl, ecnl etc ...

This is just a way to subsidize those teams and keep NEP appear as a destination leauge.

Comment

Every team has to move up. But I'm sure many clubs haven't finalized teams and rosters yet.
            No kidding every team has to move up. Some teams are moving up two age groups (U12 to U14)to keep their teams together. Analysis forthcoming.

Comment

And now MYSA is getting into the mix with their own league - what will this do to MAPLE with the larger clubs leaving:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....6-2370f93456ef

Comment

And now MYSA is getting into the mix with their own league - what will this do to MAPLE with the larger clubs leaving:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....6-2370f93456ef
                Not much it's only 2005 & 2006 kids, total of 20 teams if all 5 districts/groups have boys& girls
                teams.

Comment

NEP sucked up the big clubs. The mom-and pop clubs, which largely sprung up in response to cost and travel concerns, will now compete in some geographies with the new MYSA league which will have professional (non-parent) coaches and fees comparable to the mom-and pops. The role of MAPLE is shrinking- perhaps still a place for MAPLE but getting harder to see what it is.....

Comment

Makes sense to start young get the kids/parents into their system and get them drinking the cool-aid. Also mysa looks good to the town programs by making players have to stay with their town teams. Also mysa gets the players fees from the town and then charge the player a club fee to play.
                    unfortunatly for maple this is targeting the small clubs which makes up a good amount of teams now. This could water down the league even more.

Comment

Makes sense to start young get the kids/parents into their system and get them drinking the cool-aid. Also mysa looks good to the town programs by making players have to stay with their town teams. Also mysa gets the players fees from the town and then charge the player a club fee to play.
                      unfortunatly for maple this is targeting the small clubs which makes up a good amount of teams now. This could water down the league even more.
                      Yeah, even if this is only 2 age groups, the writing is on the wall for their intended direction. I would not be so surprised to see MAPLE and MYSA somehow come together to form this, otherwise MAPLE may be gone very quickly.

Comment

What will the small clubs do? If this gets going and kids wont be allowed to play club. I think this is tragetting the multi sport athletes. With less practices and games every other weekend and the option for more winter training if wanted sounds okay if they run it well.

Comment

Yeah, even if this is only 2 age groups, the writing is on the wall for their intended direction. I would not be so surprised to see MAPLE and MYSA somehow come together to form this, otherwise MAPLE may be gone very quickly.
                          Done already, sorry!

Comment

Done already, sorry!
                            What's done? MAPLE is trying to create a new level that's supposed to be higher/more strict and more competitive, while MYSA is creating a new level that's essentially replacing MTOC or supplementing this with a higher level.

Not sure what's done already as you suggest..just trying to get a little more clarity on your comment.

Comment

What's done? MAPLE is trying to create a new level that's supposed to be higher/more strict and more competitive, while MYSA is creating a new level that's essentially replacing MTOC or supplementing this with a higher level.

Not sure what's done already as you suggest..just trying to get a little more clarity on your comment.
                              Agree. This new MYSA thing is for those who want more, in addition to town, but are not already (or don't want to be) committed to club.

I "think" this is a tier above some towns and a tier below most clubs.

My kids team is in Maple. Just cked the grouping and there are 8-9 teams. Also, several groupings/levels for most of the age groups. So I don't think Maple is out yet.

That being said, my kids team is in a top bracket so only time will tell where they fall within that bracket.

Comment

Agree. This new MYSA thing is for those who want more, in addition to town, but are not already (or don't want to be) committed to club.

I "think" this is a tier above some towns and a tier below most clubs.

My kids team is in Maple. Just cked the grouping and there are 8-9 teams. Also, several groupings/levels for most of the age groups. So I don't think Maple is out yet.

That being said, my kids team is in a top bracket so only time will tell where they fall within that bracket.
                                We are in Maple too. Unfortunately some age groups only have 3 brackets, ours has 4. Heelllooo travel! There should be plenty of teams in our area without going to the north shore or the Cape. This is ridiculous. I agree that Maple is dying out and I hope our club joins another league next year/season. Unless Maple does something about it pronto.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X