Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't say I would disagree with you...and my kid is going to national cup....I don't think anyone who wins that tourney believes it crowns the best team at the age group, but it is still an awesome experience and accomplishment. I am not suggesting the poster is saying it otherwise. It is what it is......a chance for mostly non ECNL teams and non NPL teams to play against winners of similar caliber from other parts of the country. My kids team is playing teams from states they will never probably see again. They are super excited....Good enough for me.
    Good luck to all the clubs who won this weekend! I'm sure you'll market the heck out of winning this "National" (cough... Cup) Championship!

Comment

Good luck to all the clubs who won this weekend! I'm sure you'll market the heck out of winning this "National" (cough... Cup) Championship!
      Skippy nobody won anything this weekend it just kicked off today. Thanks for your commentary

Comment

DAP??? HAHAHAHAHA... ECNL??? HAHAHAHAHA... You think it's better some place else? Wake up and smell the coffee, it's all watered down. The big difference here is actually winning yours (no matter how watered down it might be) vs not winning it. The only time you get to say someone else's championship is watered down is when you actually win yours. Otherwise it's nothing but sour grapes speaking.
        Troll city.

Comment

DAP??? HAHAHAHAHA... ECNL??? HAHAHAHAHA... You think it's better some place else? Wake up and smell the coffee, it's all watered down. The big difference here is actually winning yours (no matter how watered down it might be) vs not winning it. The only time you get to say someone else's championship is watered down is when you actually win yours. Otherwise it's nothing but sour grapes speaking.
          Try some Lexipro, it may help. You sound insane.

Comment

GPS boys u16 lose first game

These poor boys just can't win a big game. What gives ?? Holy ****e

Comment

Are they coached by a Brit?

Comment

The Neal Dias hater is back, you're obsessed dude. give it up.

Comment

I said closer to a national championship... Key word being closer

Chill out ... It's a national championship for NPL teams. I said closer in that It means the teams had to win their league.
                  Technically it's more of a regional playoff considering teams just had to win their state cups to end up in Colorado. Pretty lame playoff system. As with ECNL, NPL and USYS they have their very good teams but a lot of low level teams as well. In the end it's just another money grab for these leagues and clubs.

Comment

Or when you play one of these so called champions and beat them then you realize how watered down all the leagues are including the ECNL. But then after the game the parents of that team usually come on TS and say something like it was only a pre-season tournament or we were resting our top players or that game doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Try some Lexipro, it may help. You sound insane.
                      Never heard of Lexipro but I think poster is right on.

Comment

Or when you play one of these so called champions and beat them then you realize how watered down all the leagues are including the ECNL. But then after the game the parents of that team usually come on TS and say something like it was only a pre-season tournament or we were resting our top players or that game doesn't mean anything.
                        You just described NEFC to a t. "It was a preseason game/tournament" is one of their favorite excuses.

Comment

Gps boys u16 all done

Looks like you suckers couldn't win anything this year. Just plain sad. Oh and that match fit looks like they made it to the semis I guess having a full roster didn't help this time.

Comment

hmmmmm

What kind of tournament is this really?
                            I can't believe that it is anything other than a regular summer tournament.
                            The level of competition is variable.
                            If it were a real championship tournament then why would there be two tiers of divisions in each age group? If you have to win some title to get in the top tier, what are the criteria to get into the second tier?
                            Finally, any tournament that has this many GPS teams can't truly represent any kind of national championship tournament.

Comment

What kind of tournament is this really?
                              I can't believe that it is anything other than a regular summer tournament.
                              The level of competition is variable.
                              If it were a real championship tournament then why would there be two tiers of divisions in each age group? If you have to win some title to get in the top tier, what are the criteria to get into the second tier?
                              Finally, any tournament that has this many GPS teams can't truly represent any kind of national championship tournament.
                              I've never seen a decent GPS team on the girls side. Are there any?

Comment

Looks like you suckers couldn't win anything this year. Just plain sad. Oh and that match fit looks like they made it to the semis I guess having a full roster didn't help this time.
                                Full roster. 3 of the gps players have knee ligament injuries. Get your facts at least close. Clown!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X