Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    and then find out that no one is impressed with your kid enough to offer them a scholarship
    Shrug and just pay for her tuition at Stanford. After that, Harvard law.
    Big deal year's tuition.

Comment

Can't you achieve the exact same thing for much less? Maybe with town soccer or a different sport? You are talking out of your ass, and you know it.
      Pot meet kettle

Comment

Can't you achieve the exact same thing for much less? Maybe with town soccer or a different sport? You are talking out of your ass, and you know it.
        If you think soccer is expensive, try ice hockey or gymnastics.

Comment

Our town program is terrible. Coaching is awful, fields are awful. As for a different sport, we encouraged it, but she loves soccer. Probably because she knows I love it and she likes to spend time with me.

My ass is just fine, thank you. Why do you care about my ass?

Comment

Are you the new, improved DealDash.com?

Comment

Shrug and just pay for her tuition at Stanford. After that, Harvard law.
              Big deal year's tuition.
              Must be nice. Stanford is $65K per year right now, Harvard Law is $85k today. Hate to think what it will be in 5 years. Over a half million and counting. Makes the $50-60K some of you are spending look like peanuts.

Comment

Must be nice. Stanford is $65K per year right now, Harvard Law is $85k today. Hate to think what it will be in 5 years. Over a half million and counting. Makes the $50-60K some of you are spending look like peanuts.
                Don't mind that clown. He's a card carrying member of the Hedonistic Parents Association. Thinks money grows on trees. The scary part though is he is also the founder of the FaceSaversUnited soccer club so take what he says with a grain of salt.

Comment

Don't mind that clown. He's a card carrying member of the Hedonistic Parents Association. Thinks money grows on trees. The scary part though is he is also the founder of the FaceSaversUnited soccer club so take what he says with a grain of salt.
                  The proof of your phenomenal and core ugliness is how you manage to surpass your your previous bar every day.
                  Most of us do what we can for our kids. What counts as success for one kid might not be in the same stratosphere as another kid. That's OK. Winning a middling tournament in PKS at U12 or U14 or winning high school sectional title can be as thrilling for those kids as winning a college D1 title or making a NT. Are some of privileged to some extent and able to do more for our kids? Sure, just like you. Do the less fortunate do less than they can for their kids? Would they not do more if they could?

Let me be clear. I don't follow who wins what at any tournament. I have no idea when your kid males or doesnt make a big team. I only know from what YOU post and share. I am excited for your kid. I hope she thrives at Duke and I hope one day we'll all get to see her on television. But, and you should try your darnednest to hear this -- if not from me then from someone else -- SHE deserves better from you. SHE DESERVES for you to be a better person than you are on this site (and maybe just maybe in general). And your other kid deserves a tearful, gut-wrenching apology from YOU.

Comment

Same as I do after spending a larger fortune on skiing.

I wake up, go to work and continue on with my day. Hope my kid had fun and was glad to be in a position to provide that for her. It fostered in her a love of the sport that will last forever, exercise, friendships, and (in the case of soccer) a sense of teamwork that will carry her through her employment.

Glad we didn't get into it for a scholarship.
                    This fits my family's scenario perfectly. My children have gotten solid skills to play adult soccer at work or with friends on the weekend.

Last night I walked by an adult baseball league 25+ year old. In the audience was several dads, a couple grand parents and many girl friends. Some day I hope I am one of those dads.

-- Pathfinder

Comment

This fits my family's scenario perfectly. My children have gotten solid skills to play adult soccer at work or with friends on the weekend.

Last night I walked by an adult baseball league 25+ year old. In the audience was several dads, a couple grand parents and many girl friends. Some day I hope I am one of those dads.

-- Pathfinder
                      Story of my men's soccer team. A few of us have been playing together for 30 years, most of the rest of the team for 20. Watched almost everyone have a kid, grow up, off to college, and a couple now play with us depending on the specific league.

Kidsall come to the games. During, the kids knock a ball around on a spare field, play on the swings, watch from the bench, whatever. Kids that don't go to the same schools or would see otherwise.

After, we'll have a cookout and tell the same damn stories over and over again. We've instilled a culture of the love of the game to our kids. I can only hope they pass it along.

Yes, couple of kids have gone on to D1, most topped out at high school. Not a single one of us is anything but happy to see the kids playing the game, no matter the level.

Comment

How about..."and then find out he's not good enuff to make his high school team..." (I guess the upside is the "fortune" is spent was very small indeed by my--cough--standards)
                        not a problem> go to the PDL/DAD playbook $$$$$$$$$
                        1. Don't make public HS team.
                        2. Transfer to a little $$ private school .
                        3. Repeat freshman year & make the soccer team
                        4. Eat, sleep, spend thousands, repeat
                        5. Eat, sleep, spend thousands, repeat
                        etc.
                        etc.

Comment

Haven't checked out PA, Gorton, or Beerfield tuition, lately?
                          elite soccer is just another school activity for some kids.
                          so please spare me soccer is sooo expensive bs.

Comment

Wait, by this time the player should be on a full boat. If not it's the wrong club or the player will never get one.

Comment

Wait, by this time the player should be on a full boat. If not it's the wrong club or the player will never get one.
                              By 13, if you aren't being offered a concession by your club it tells you that your child isn't one of the anointed ones and your job from that point forward is to pay the freight so the club can balance the books. That's when you might want to do some soul searching and evaluate what you are doing with soccer and where you think you might be going with it.

Comment

By 13, if you aren't being offered a concession by your club it tells you that your child isn't one of the anointed ones and your job from that point forward is to pay the freight so the club can balance the books. That's when you might want to do some soul searching and evaluate what you are doing with soccer and where you think you might be going with it.
                                The above is a true statement. My kid only paid 1 year

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X