Parent coaches at the club level

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't. You cannot say that a Daddy coach should not coach their children if at the highest level of soccer it occured. Why is it different.

Comment

Not every daddy coach can or should coach their kid. Some may be good (I know of two very successful coaches who coach their kids), some may not.

How any of you can paint with a broad stroke is puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I would say it all depends on what you are looking for, if you just want your child to have fun and get some exercise, a parent coach is fine. You don't need to spend thousands to achieve that, you can jut get the kid involved in their local rec team. Leave club soccer for what it is intended for. Parent coaches have no business there.
        Define Parent Coach. Is it somebody who has never played the game and has no experience. Or is it a guy with a USSF B license, college playing creds, and 15 years coaching experience at the club level with a history of developing skilled finished players. Or something in between.

Comment

I would say it all depends on what you are looking for, if you just want your child to have fun and get some exercise, a parent coach is fine. You don't need to spend thousands to achieve that, you can jut get the kid involved in their local rec team. Leave club soccer for what it is intended for. Parent coaches have no business there.

How about taking into consideration what your kid wants. Your post reeks of controlling mommy/daddy attitude. But your kid is special right?

Comment

Define Parent Coach. Is it somebody who has never played the game and has no experience. Or is it a guy with a USSF B license, college playing creds, and 15 years coaching experience at the club level with a history of developing skilled finished players. Or something in between.
            After all these years, I've been outed....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X