Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I have seen this thread week after week and finally had to go look up this magical Titusville team since I figured they must be a top ranked HS team in the state... they are placing somewhere over 200+ according to MaxPreps. So my question is...WTH? Am I missing something? Pls catch me up..
    Titusville is an above average high school team. They have 6 or 7 strong players. One of them is probably in top 5 or 6 of all Brevard players, the second is someplace in top 10-15 Brevard players, and the other 5 all fall someplace in the top 25-30 Brevard players. None of the Titusville players are what I would call Elite, but this holds true for all of Brevard HS players. Depending on your definition of Elite there might be 1-3 elite youth players playing HS soccer in Brevard.

Comment

Titusville is an above average high school team. They have 6 or 7 strong players. One of them is probably in top 5 or 6 of all Brevard players, the second is someplace in top 10-15 Brevard players, and the other 5 all fall someplace in the top 25-30 Brevard players. None of the Titusville players are what I would call Elite, but this holds true for all of Brevard HS players. Depending on your definition of Elite there might be 1-3 elite youth players playing HS soccer in Brevard.
      If they are above average why are they ranked by MaxPreps as a mediocre team? Conspiracy? Just seems like a lot of pages of comments about mediocre schools

Comment

I would have them as average HS team. I personally think one of their players being one of the top 3 in Brevard. In fact if I was forming an all star team he may be first pick. their 2nd best player maybe in the top 15. don't think I would put anyone else in the top 30. but once you get past their top 5 players the rest of the team is well below average. Even though I wouldn't put their freshman in the top 30 I would think he is one of the top 3 freshman playing HS soccer.

Comment

If they are above average why are they ranked by MaxPreps as a mediocre team? Conspiracy? Just seems like a lot of pages of comments about mediocre schools
          You have to realize that about 50% of the high school teams in Brevard (and probably everyplace) are absolutely horrible. Titusville is in the top 50% where they are competitive with the better teams and not nearly as good as the state's best teams. The problem is there are a few inexperienced Titusville parents who totally bought into an idea that because their kids travel to Orlando to play in an ECNL league it somehow means no other kids in central & south Brevard are good enough to make the same ECNL teams. With this "elite player" belief it seemed logical to them that if they had the 5 best HS players in the county they would easily beat all the other HS teams and cruise to a state championship. Even as the good teams continued to beat or tie Titusville, they couldn't admit there are good players who simply chose not to travel to Orlando for ECNL. Having their kids just be among the top 30 or so players in Brevard just doesn't fit with the "elite player" koolaide they drank.

Comment

I would have them as average HS team. I personally think one of their players being one of the top 3 in Brevard. In fact if I was forming an all star team he may be first pick. their 2nd best player maybe in the top 15. don't think I would put anyone else in the top 30. but once you get past their top 5 players the rest of the team is well below average. Even though I wouldn't put their freshman in the top 30 I would think he is one of the top 3 freshman playing HS soccer.
            I would put 2 of Tville players in my top 5 in the county. If I were picking an all star team. The one is obvious and the second has the best soccer IQ in the county added with above average skills. After that I would pick one from Mel High one from Eau Gallie and one from Viera the rest would be spread pretty evenly from the rest of the teams in the county.

Comment

I would put 2 of Tville players in my top 5 in the county. If I were picking an all star team. The one is obvious and the second has the best soccer IQ in the county added with above average skills. After that I would pick one from Mel High one from Eau Gallie and one from Viera the rest would be spread pretty evenly from the rest of the teams in the county.
              which is where the disconnect lies. a Titusville parent thinks they have 2 of the top 5 players yet they are a 500 team. where most people would think Mel has 3-4 of the top players maybe more if you consider goal keepers (1st place) Viera when healthy has 5-6 of the top players (tied for 1st place) Satellite has 2 of the top players, then Eau Gallie has one of the top players, Bayside has one of the top players and don't forget Merrit Island.

Comment

which is where the disconnect lies. a Titusville parent thinks they have 2 of the top 5 players yet they are a 500 team. where most people would think Mel has 3-4 of the top players maybe more if you consider goal keepers (1st place) Viera when healthy has 5-6 of the top players (tied for 1st place) Satellite has 2 of the top players, then Eau Gallie has one of the top players, Bayside has one of the top players and don't forget Merrit Island.
                Titusville vs Viera 3-0 loss, Titusville vs Melbourne 2-0 loss, Titusville vs Satellite 5-0 loss.
                but good games against Rockledge, Merrit Island both ties

Comment

No disconnect honest evaluation I am not from Titusville so you may be the one with a little Bias.

Comment

Titusville vs Viera 3-0 loss, Titusville vs Melbourne 2-0 loss, Titusville vs Satellite 5-0 loss.
                    but good games against Rockledge, Merrit Island both ties
                    MEL is 6A
                    Viera is 6A
                    MI is 4A
                    Roc is 4A
                    Sat is 4A they PLAYED VERY WELL AND TVILLE WAS DEFINITLY OFF!!!

makes sense that Viera and Mel beat them. could be a difference of over 1241 students in your pool.

Class 6A - 1,663-1,993.
                    Class 4A - 752-1,153.

Comment

MEL is 6A
                      Viera is 6A
                      MI is 4A
                      Roc is 4A
                      Sat is 4A they PLAYED VERY WELL AND TVILLE WAS DEFINITLY OFF!!!

makes sense that Viera and Mel beat them. could be a difference of over 1241 students in your pool.

Class 6A - 1,663-1,993.
                      Class 4A - 752-1,153.
                      point taken.

Comment

It is unbelievable how stupid you people are. If you think any kid in brevard that isn’t already playing ecnl would kick a kid off an ecnl team you are beyond stupid. The top 2 “elite” kids for Titusville are good players but are terrible in highschool, period. Shut down constantly in every decent competition game. However they are still top players. The other three are also very good yet can’t show much in Titusville highschool.

Comment

Top 30 players in brevard

ok, just to get this out of the way all of the ecnl players at tirusville are definitely in the top 10 of brevard. i mean come on who really is better than them? name one player

Comment

It is unbelievable how stupid you people are. If you think any kid in brevard that isn’t already playing ecnl would kick a kid off an ecnl team you are beyond stupid. The top 2 “elite” kids for Titusville are good players but are terrible in highschool, period. Shut down constantly in every decent competition game. However they are still top players. The other three are also very good yet can’t show much in Titusville highschool.
                            This is true, the 3 brothers normally just defend and clear the ball before jf and kj lose the ball before the whole process starts over again and they will eventually get scored on. If you think these are top top talents then you must be watching them in club because they can't do much in high school.

Comment

that is very true. the (elite) players do absolutely nothing in the big game at least the othwr 3 ecnl players put in a shift and actually help their team

Comment

ok, just to get this out of the way all of the ecnl players at tirusville are definitely in the top 10 of brevard. i mean come on who really is better than them? name one player
                                Never heard of tirusville, what's that? A type of gasoline?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X