Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, it doesn't. This is what Rec parents always tell themselves.
    There is no rec by that age, but go ahead and keep telling yourself your club star is all that and that his/her league is the greatest. I didn't say there's tons of non club players who are good HS players, but they are there. Some of them even beat your club player out for accolades. It must kill you when that happens.

Comment

There is no rec by that age, but go ahead and keep telling yourself your club star is all that and that his/her league is the greatest. I didn't say there's tons of non club players who are good HS players, but they are there. Some of them even beat your club player out for accolades. It must kill you when that happens.
      High School soccer is rec.

Comment

Repealing Birth Year Mandate

so every other kid on my kids HS team plays club ball as well...I know that there was no player that made the varsity that does not play club ball....I'm assuming that the situation is similar in your own district and others?

So what the F_CK are we really arguing about?????????!!!!!!!!!

Comment

so every other kid on my kids HS team plays club ball as well...I know that there was no player that made the varsity that does not play club ball....I'm assuming that the situation is similar in your own district and others?

So what the F_CK are we really arguing about?????????!!!!!!!!!
          they like to play rec soccer. And you like watching awful soccer played by crappy kids. The real crime is you believe that it is actually good soccer.

Comment

Some of it is awful, some is pretty good. Thing is, a lot of kids want to play it, even many who are very good club players. So suck it HS hater. It's not going away. Have your kid play DA or another club and skip it if they (not you) find it intolerable.

Comment

What does this have to do with the numbskulls that keep changing the cut off dates for club soccer every few years?

Comment

What does this have to do with the numbskulls that keep changing the cut off dates for club soccer every few years?
                I think? anti HS guy wants HS to go away so that the trapped 8th grade issue goes away? Is that his logic, if it can be called that?

Comment

Bottom line is to help keep from losing players, soccer in the US has to go back to the way it was and an 8/1 cutoff or graduating year. Too many competing club sports where young kids can just play with their friends in another sport if they can’t play with them in soccer. Not that this is the only issue with US soccer. But an easily fixable one and one that is quite obvious.

Comment

Uggggg. What the heck did they have to change it for then. This is just more youth soccer aggravation. Can someone with some skills take charge of this crap?

Comment

I think? anti HS guy wants HS to go away so that the trapped 8th grade issue goes away? Is that his logic, if it can be called that?
                      No, I want HS soccer to be considered and acknowledged for what it really is, crap.

All the BS arguments about school spirit, the band playing, stands filled with adoring fans are BS.

It is a distraction, it is crappy and it should be considered nothing more than the social activity that it is.

Comment

No, I want HS soccer to be considered and acknowledged for what it really is, crap.

All the BS arguments about school spirit, the band playing, stands filled with adoring fans are BS.

It is a distraction, it is crappy and it should be considered nothing more than the social activity that it is.
                        dude, I get it, was there, and fully believed that, but if you look at college soccer, it is MUCH more similar HS soccer than GDA, not only in style of play, but the silly comradery that comes with playing for your school. My daughter played for NYCFC, and she was a great player, too good to play for her crappy HS, but in the end, she said that she missed the school-spirit aspect of soccer.

Comment

dude, I get it, was there, and fully believed that, but if you look at college soccer, it is MUCH more similar HS soccer than GDA, not only in style of play, but the silly comradery that comes with playing for your school. My daughter played for NYCFC, and she was a great player, too good to play for her crappy HS, but in the end, she said that she missed the school-spirit aspect of soccer.
                          Awww, poor kid. Does it keep her up at night? Longing for what could have been?

Stop. No rationale adult ever honestly sits and reflects on their varsity sport career. It has no more currency than any other social school activity that can be enjoyed.

There is a reason we all know that Al Bundy scored 4 TDs for his beloved Polk High against Andrew Johnson High. Because it is used as a punchline. The punchline of a man who reflects on high school as his greatest achievement.

Bruce Springsteen sang Glory Days with the same attitude that people just never grow up and sadly comments on their always looking back at High school sports.

Both paint that person as underachieving and a sad joke.

There are a lot of Al Bundy's in this thread.

Comment

It's all crappy. This is like you are bitxhing about Honda and then saying everyone should drive a Toyota.

You must be an mls da parent because outside of that, none of it is anything that special.

Comment

so hows that ECNL league going? All those skilled NY players out there catching the eyes of the top colleges?

meant to be read dripping with sarcasm

Comment

so hows that ECNL league going? All those skilled NY players out there catching the eyes of the top colleges?

meant to be read dripping with sarcasm
                                NY is pretty much the same as every other Northeast state. Some strong talent, some weak talent, spread out all over in a bunch of overpriced watered down youth leagues. What super star state does yours play in that is any different?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X