Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nor is a crime necessary for impeachment. Lindsay said so, word for word, during Clinton's trial. The constitution says the same.

So yes there's obstruction as a crime. Then there's that messy detail of the GAO stating Trump broke the law withholding Ukrainian aid, most likely two budgetary rules

https://www.justsecurity.org/67489/t...d-was-illegal/

There's also the Hobbs Act, which he also may have violated https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...commit-a-crime
    the GAO said they violated the law because they didn't report it to congress, but all you read was the sloppy headline

the aid at best was delayed- the executive branch has the right to do that for a certain period of time after which they must report back to congress why- that's the violation

the devil is in the details-stop being so lazy

Comment

obstruction is a crime- people go to jail for it- its a secondary crime usually after the initial crime of lying to the judicial branch- that's the Clinton story
      The house is charging Trump for asserting his rights under separation of powers
      a little different and we shall see how it goes ( akin to asserting your right to remain silent and being charged with obstruction)

thanks for your concern about my time, but it certainly doesn't take too much and its fun swatting flies

BTW this is America- you aren't a criminal until you are proven guilty of a crime- hasn't happened
      So obstructions a crime and the house is presenting their evidentiary case about that ....why are YOU supporting the witholding of documents and witnesses pursuant you that matter.

THAT’s a cover-up and THAT is what the GOP candidates must run defending come November .

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

I’m FINE with all that. Can’t we agree to let the voters decide that part?

I don’t think you can ...I think you’ve decided to make dozens of posts per day just defending your boy .....

Good ...nice that you have the time for that ....😊....but 🥜 ters must 🥜 in the end

Comment

the GAO said they violated the law because they didn't report it to congress, but all you read was the sloppy headline

the aid at best was delayed- the executive branch has the right to do that for a certain period of time after which they must report back to congress why- that's the violation

So they violated the law again .....

Do you ever run out of excuses for trumps law breaking ?

Comment

No comment from the cons on Turley’s piece bashing President’s lawyers?

😂😂😂😂😂

I’m so old I remember when every Turley word was venerated by the cons ?

What happened? Will any of you cons address why Turley was correct but now is 180 degrees wrong ? Because you are avoiding taking this very obvious piece of cognitive dissonance seriously

Comment

Stop being so DUMB. There are multiple laws he may have broken, including below. The claim of a "corruption investigation" is a farce. The only reason the aid was eventually released was because of the whistleblower report and media attention on the scandal.

Relevant Budgetary Laws

There are two relevant budgetary statutes that are implicated by Trump withholding military aid for Ukraine: apportionment authority and the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). Both laws are intended to restrict the executive branch from undermining Congress’s “power of the purse” under the Constitution....In addition, any delay of funding potentially implicates the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). Passed in the wake of President Richard Nixon’s refusal to spend lawfully appropriated funding, the ICA restricts the circumstances in which a president can defer spending funds.

Comment

obstruction is a crime- people go to jail for it- its a secondary crime usually after the initial crime of lying to the judicial branch- that's the Clinton story
              The house is charging Trump for asserting his rights under separation of powers
              a little different and we shall see how it goes ( akin to asserting your right to remain silent and being charged with obstruction)

thanks for your concern about my time, but it certainly doesn't take too much and its fun swatting flies

BTW this is America- you aren't a criminal until you are proven guilty of a crime- hasn't happened
              You're mistaken about him asserting rights under separation of powers. If all communications within our government were subject to executive privilege then we would be Russia, where the only information that is made available is that which Putin wants you to see. It's one thing to assert executive privilege about a president's deliberation concerning matters of national security. It's quite another to say that no evidence of anything having to do with Ukraine aid can be shared with Congress. Not from witnesses or documents. That's just a crazy theory. That's not how our government works. Especially in a trial about a president's misconduct. Trump is telling you that you're not entitled to any information concerning it. Crazy.

Comment

You're mistaken about him asserting rights under separation of powers. If all communications within our government were subject to executive privilege then we would be Russia, where the only information that is made available is that which Putin wants you to see. It's one thing to assert executive privilege about a president's deliberation concerning matters of national security. It's quite another to say that no evidence of anything having to do with Ukraine aid can be shared with Congress. Not from witnesses or documents. That's just a crazy theory. That's not how our government works. Especially in a trial about a president's misconduct. Trump is telling you that you're not entitled to any information concerning it. Crazy.
                The question bears repeating - what would the GOP do if Obama had done the same thing? Does the GOP want a Democratic president doing the same thing in the future? From a constitutional standpoint we know the answers, but the GOP tossed that out the window a long time ago.

Comment

no its a simple fight between the powers of 2 branches of govt- that could have been settled easily by the 3rd branch
                  happens everyday all over the govt

but its curious- the house rested its case after making the decision that they didnt need these witnesses or these documents and went ahead to impeach, screeching the whole way that it was a slam dunk, irrefutable evidence of guilt blah blah blah
                  the house rested its case- Trump had nothing to do with that
                  the house decided not to go to court to challenge - they did that not Trump

so whats the problem- thought it was a no brainer?

Comment

The question bears repeating - what would the GOP do if Obama had done the same thing? Does the GOP want a Democratic president doing the same thing in the future? From a constitutional standpoint we know the answers, but the GOP tossed that out the window a long time ago.
                    would you want whats happening now to happen to Obama or any dem POTUS?

quickest and weakest case- in the words of John turley

Comment

Worse already has. After four years of investigation and coming up empty handed on whitewater, Clinton was impeached over lies and “obstruction” to keep an Oval Office bj secret....

I won’t discuss Turleys opinions with you until you are ready to discuss his op ed yesterday disagreeing with potus lawyers

Fair is fair, silly con man

Comment

Worse already has. After four years of investigation and coming up empty handed on whitewater, Clinton was impeached over lies and “obstruction” to keep an Oval Office bj secret....

I won’t discuss Turleys opinions with you until you are ready to discuss his op ed yesterday disagreeing with potus lawyers

So even Bernie Sanders is saying joe Biden is corrupt.....wow.

Dems really turning on each other. If I am trump and Biden is the democratic nominee, I am playing the Bernie clip and saying....even democrats think he is corrupt

If Bernie is the nominee, I am playing some Elizabeth Warren clips or her refusing to shake his hand and asking if warren won’t shake is sexist hand, should you give him a hand and vote for him?

Comment

I would if Obama had used his Presidential arm as a weapon to get dirt from a foreign entity to use it against Romney his Political rival.

You’re one silly Cult follower, its a stubborn mentality for you to think Trump has not done anything wrong since attaining Office, for you to still believe it’s a witch hunt is amazing.
                          BTW it’s been 3 years that he promised he would reveal those Taxs, did you ever wonder why his promise was not delivered?

One day you’ll ask yourself “ how the hell was I so gullible”.

Comment

So even Bernie Sanders is saying joe Biden is corrupt.....wow.

Dems really turning on each other. If I am trump and Biden is the democratic nominee, I am playing the Bernie clip and saying....even democrats think he is corrupt

If Bernie is the nominee, I am playing some Elizabeth Warren clips or her refusing to shake his hand and asking if warren won’t shake is sexist hand, should you give him a hand and vote for him?
                            And if I’m any of the Dem Candidates I’m playing every Republikazzzz clip from 2016

Pansy Graham calling Trump “ a Kook and a fraud “ 13 times on TV
                            Little Marco calling Trump a “Con man” 50 times on TV
                            Ted Cruz calling him “A Con man and fraud and one of the most disgusting human beings he’s ever met”

And there’s over 30 Republikazzzz Senators who have made similar comments so yeah I’ll take the Dem clips if you’ll take the Republikazzzz clips any day of the week.

It’s gonna be fun because there’s a treasure trove on Trump & we’d need access to a 24/7 channel just to pack it in.

Comment

I would if Obama had used his Presidential arm as a weapon to get dirt from a foreign entity to use it against Romney his Political rival.

You’re one silly Cult follower, its a stubborn mentality for you to think Trump has not done anything wrong since attaining Office, for you to still believe it’s a witch hunt is amazing.
                              BTW it’s been 3 years that he promised he would reveal those Taxs, did you ever wonder why his promise was not delivered?

One day you’ll ask yourself “ how the hell was I so gullible”.
                              He did. Just not for himself. He let his party spy on the republican candidate. He did nothing when his sec of state paid a foreign operative for a dossier in attempt to embarrass the republican candidate by using the Democratic Party. He did when he turned a blind eye to foreign election meddling by Russia u ser his watch.

Obama tried to fix the 2016 election in favor of the democrats and his former sec of state. Worse then Benghazi cover up his administration orchestrated. Worst then the pallets of cash to Iran. Worst than fast and furious killing of us citizen. Worst then allowing the vp and his family turning the White House into their own piggy bank

Comment

any time you wish to discuss-

send the link to the specific article so that everyone is looking at the same thing and lets do it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X