Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then why don’t bucks and delco have better D1 commits for the last two years?

Four years ago the bucks /delco teams were not at the bottom of ecnl - and guess what they had better D1 commits. So you are wrong, the coaches at the college showcase for the most part spend their precious recruiting minutes watching the tip teams. And the proof is in the drop off of the bucks /delco commits. When bucks/delco were higher seeded four years ago their commitments were better and now that they are some of the lowest seeded teams —-guess what the D1 commitments aren’t there. See how this works .... thanks for proving my point .
    Dope.

They had better recruits because they had better players.
    Colleges watch players. They dont watch games. That is a fact. Colleges dont watch players they dont know about. They dont show up at random games hoping to find a player. Those are some other facts.

Comment

Dope.

Colleges watch players. They dont watch games. That is a fact. Colleges dont watch players they dont know about. They dont show up at random games hoping to find a player. Those are some other facts.
      Agreed better players equal better divisional placements and seeding and better recruits (D1 placements) not at the bottom like they are now - it’s all related. If bucks/delco had better players now they wouldn’t be at the bottom. No need to name call.

The bucks/delco college commitments for the last two years have been terrible- and that is a fact!

Comment

Then why don’t bucks and delco have better D1 commits for the last two years?

Four years ago the bucks /delco teams were not at the bottom of ecnl - and guess what they had better D1 commits. So you are wrong, the coaches at the college showcase for the most part spend their precious recruiting minutes watching the tip teams. And the proof is in the drop off of the bucks /delco commits. When bucks/delco were higher seeded four years ago their commitments were better and now that they are some of the lowest seeded teams —-guess what the D1 commitments aren’t there. See how this works .... thanks for proving my point .
        ECNL is not what it was in this area. You realize that special players bring the top college coaches. So maybe there aren't any on these teams currently. You aren't proving anything. If there is a unicorn on those teams, she will be found.

Comment

Dope.

Thank you. Yes. That poster has no clue. Dope is kindly addressing him or her.
          Although my daughter's friend was discovered when other high level coaches came to watch someone else. So it does happen. Rare but happens.

Comment

Thank you. Yes. That poster has no clue. Dope is kindly addressing him or her.
            Although my daughter's friend was discovered when other high level coaches came to watch someone else. So it does happen. Rare but happens.
            Well it ain’t happening at bucks or delco the past two years - fact!

Comment

ECNL is not what it was in this area. You realize that special players bring the top college coaches. So maybe there aren't any on these teams currently. You aren't proving anything. If there is a unicorn on those teams, she will be found.
              Better players = better teams = better seedings = better college commitments. They are all related! And the past two years they all have been terrible at bucks/delco.

A unicorn will be found but not at bucks /delco because they all leave by u16 to go to PDA blue where they will then be seen by multiple high level D1 coaches and then the high level D1 commitments happens.

Comment

Better players = better teams = better seedings = better college commitments. They are all related! And the past two years they all have been terrible at bucks/delco.

A unicorn will be found but not at bucks /delco because they all leave by u16 to go to PDA blue where they will then be seen by multiple high level D1 coaches and then the high level D1 commitments happens.
                I agree that FC Bucks and Delco are a mess, but to say they are the same as regular clubs is false in terms of players playing in college. Maybe girls are leaving now, but they haven't in past years. These are some of the D-I schools where former Continental FC Delco players are playing, and after looking at the stats, it seems most of these players are getting good playing time in year one and two. There are also D-II and D-III players playing and making an impact. Right now the Topdrawersoccer are showing some D-I commitments. I found some former FC Bucks players currently making a difference at the D-I level too, as well as other divisions.

Continental FC, now called FC Delco, the past two years

Fordham University- 2
                Dartmouth College- 2
                University of Delaware- 2
                Georgetown University - 2
                Long Island University- Brooklyn - 2
                University Pittsburgh
                University of Pennsylvania
                Seton Hall University
                VCU
                St. Joe's
                Temple University
                Drexel University
                Winthrop University
                Mount St. Mary’s University
                University of Delaware
                American University
                College of Charleston
                Florida Gulf Coast University
                Old Dominion University

Comment

There are over 360 DI women's soccer programs. Unless you are trying to get into one that is a national power house like a UNC or USC you do not need to be in ECNL or DA. It may take more work if you don't attend larger showcases but it isn't impossible to get a DI scholarship. Also with the way scholarships are given out and broken down having good grades and high SAT/ACT scores helps A LOT.

Comment

There are over 360 DI women's soccer programs. Unless you are trying to get into one that is a national power house like a UNC or USC you do not need to be in ECNL or DA. It may take more work if you don't attend larger showcases but it isn't impossible to get a DI scholarship. Also with the way scholarships are given out and broken down having good grades and high SAT/ACT scores helps A LOT.
                    And the last kids from this area to go to a powerhouse program like UNC (#2) or UVA (#1 most of the season), came from PennFusion. And they play.

Comment

Anything is possible. But when you play in front of far more eyes, you have greater opportunities. The GDA and ECNL kids most likely have good grades too, but no doubt are being seen at much higher rates.

Comment

And the last kids from this area to go to a powerhouse program like UNC (#2) or UVA (#1 most of the season), came from PennFusion. And they play.
                        For the PA school near me - I would choose Penn Fusion, delco, bucks

Penn Fusion far better club than both bucks and delco just wish the DA allowed high school ball.

I would choose penn fusion if my kid didn’t care about high school ball.

Then Delco, - the delco college commitments are definitely more impressive than Bucks, especially academically l. I checked bucks webs site and very few D1 schools, and not many good D1 programs ( bunch of St. Joes but that’s courtesy of Mannella’s wife - lots of D2 which don’t give a lot of money and are academically inferior, but they are cheap. If your kid wants St. Joes Bucks could be a good choice, otherwise not so much.

My opinion if I have the money for ECNL I’d rather not skimp on college. To each his own.

Comment

Easy choice for EPA and SNJ, the Real deal Real FC. Quality over quantity....real exposure at the highest levels and MLS connections

Comment

For the PA school near me - I would choose Penn Fusion, delco, bucks

Penn Fusion far better club than both bucks and delco just wish the DA allowed high school ball.

I would choose penn fusion if my kid didn’t care about high school ball.

Then Delco, - the delco college commitments are definitely more impressive than Bucks, especially academically l. I checked bucks webs site and very few D1 schools, and not many good D1 programs ( bunch of St. Joes but that’s courtesy of Mannella’s wife - lots of D2 which don’t give a lot of money and are academically inferior, but they are cheap. If your kid wants St. Joes Bucks could be a good choice, otherwise not so much.

My opinion if I have the money for ECNL I’d rather not skimp on college. To each his own.
                            The coaches that were involved with helping all those Delco girls college soccer are gone, and the current 02, 03 and 04 girls are struggling to get help with college recruiting. The system at Delco does the minimum and isn’t helpful for the girls. I haven’t heard much is good with the boys either and most of the boys parents are unhappy. I would be willing to bet there isn’t much of a difference now between what happens here and what is going on at Bucks.

Comment

The coaches that were involved with helping all those Delco girls college soccer are gone, and the current 02, 03 and 04 girls are struggling to get help with college recruiting. The system at Delco does the minimum and isn’t helpful for the girls. I haven’t heard much is good with the boys either and most of the boys parents are unhappy. I would be willing to bet there isn’t much of a difference now between what happens here and what is going on at Bucks.
                              Sucks for all of the kids that want to play high school ball. Guess you have to suck it up and drive even farther or pick the least worse. Why don’t ECNL step in and do something or bring in another ECNL club?

Comment

Sucks for all of the kids that want to play high school ball. Guess you have to suck it up and drive even farther or pick the least worse. Why don’t ECNL step in and do something or bring in another ECNL club?
                                Or should have let PennFusion keep their ECNL badge.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X