Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cranberry Cup

Can someone please explaing how the Scorpions have sunk so low that they are placing their U-14 ECNL Girls team in this second tier tournament? What good can come of that?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone please explaing how the Scorpions have sunk so low that they are placing their U-14 ECNL Girls team in this second tier tournament? What good can come of that?
    I would surmise that since they have a new coach, and probably a lot of new players, the coach wants to see them in game situations before Stars Cup and the ECNL season begins. Not sure where the downside is. Frankly, I've always been surprised that more team do not do this tournament as it's the only one around this time of year.

Comment

I would surmise that since they have a new coach, and probably a lot of new players, the coach wants to see them in game situations before Stars Cup and the ECNL season begins. Not sure where the downside is. Frankly, I've always been surprised that more team do not do this tournament as it's the only one around this time of year.
      That is exactly why you do this tournament!

Comment

Any state that has a tourney called the Cranberry Cup should just cease playing soccer.

Comment

Might be the only success they have all year. Carver is beautiful this time of year.

Comment

Any state that has a tourney called the Cranberry Cup should just cease playing soccer.
            Contact the Scorpions if you are upset your duaghter did not make the team. Maybe they can give you and her some positive feedback.

Or are you upset with the organizers of the Cranberry Cup?

Comment

OK there Texas, let's see what tournaments you have coming up:

Dr. Pepper Fair Play - nice message with the soda sponsorship
              Copa Futbol La Michocano Meat Market - no comment necessary, but I'd love to get a t-shirt
              City of Enchantment Tournament - never knew that Lake Jackson, TX was the City of Enchantment. Good to know.

Hee Haw!

Comment

actually just looked at the bracket the scorps ECNL team is in, has some decent D1 teams in it ( crusaders, Rush, SSElite) I bet a ton of people would love to see one of these teams knock off the ECNL entry, that would be a riot

Comment

That is exactly why you do this tournament!
                  Of course that is why! How is it going to hurt?

Comment

actually just looked at the bracket the scorps ECNL team is in, has some decent D1 teams in it ( crusaders, Rush, SSElite) I bet a ton of people would love to see one of these teams knock off the ECNL entry, that would be a riot
                    Not a single good team on that list

Comment

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teaml...6&showall=true

Comment

Unfortunately for Scorps, this team is a perfect example of the label ECNL not meaning much. Unless they've added some significant talent they are probably perfectly placed in this bracket. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to one of those D1 teams.

Comment

Of course that is why! How is it going to hurt?
                          It hurts that if they lose to any of these other teams, the club, the coach and the team will be the laughing stock of TS , there is nothing for them to gain in a tourney like this other than a bunch of crap, if they win each game 3-0 they were supposed to, if they lose or tie it will bring a ton of critics out of the woodwork, not to mention the new parents who are forking over huge $ to play ECNL

Comment

Not a single good team on that list
                            Again, Stars or NEFC dad, I used the word decent, not good, or real good or great, but just decent enough that if the ECNL team is new and inexperienced that they are good enough to cause a little trouble for the Scorps team and why would they need that headache , no win situation for Scorps, just asking for a boatload of bad posts after the tournament reagrdless of the results

Comment

Unfortunately for Scorps, this team is a perfect example of the label ECNL not meaning much. Unless they've added some significant talent they are probably perfectly placed in this bracket. Wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to one of those D1 teams.
                              btdt, how was your 24 hour vacation? Go anywhere interesting?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X