Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gda needed to make themselves a better option then the competition. They are not competing on price or travel burden or level of play, or coaching....they have not made themselves an obvious pick for a player. Don't know why.
    its CLUB driven. There are Clubs who have done just that. They cannot control the "competition" part of it becasue that relies on other Clubs. Trust me ECNL competition is going to be poor as well. thts what dilution does to EVERYONE.

Its OK to say that for us, ECNL or GDA ws the right choice, but I dont get the desire to project that PoV on others who have different experience.

its a CLUB by CLUB thing.

Comment

As a parent, USSDA got a lot of things wrong, but we believe in the concept, end of story.
      I am fine with the concept but I still can't find an acceptable option in this league close to me. If your player is thriving in it that is great.

Comment

its CLUB driven. There are Clubs who have done just that. They cannot control the "competition" part of it becasue that relies on other Clubs. Trust me ECNL competition is going to be poor as well. thts what dilution does to EVERYONE.

Its OK to say that for us, ECNL or GDA ws the right choice, but I dont get the desire to project that PoV on others who have different experience.

Agree. Just disappointed. Ussf probably had the best shot at improving the youth soccer situation for girls.

Comment

Too bad the ECNL-mafia won't let other teams in, so those who have been shut out have to find other avenues.
          Not sure why you would think that. ECNL expands with new clubs every year.

Comment

Because I know for a 100% fact the mafia has not allowed some very qualified NE teams in. Clubs have been trying to get in since it's inception and when you have a league owned by the Clubs, they can make up whatever rules they want. It's also the real reason why some clubs dropped out of DA...because they have an ownership stake in ECNL and it makes financial sense to push their own product than pay for another.

Comment

as long as said clubs do not impact the recruiting base of founder members. The business model is designed to protect the founders.

Comment

Because I know for a 100% fact the mafia has not allowed some very qualified NE teams in. Clubs have been trying to get in since it's inception and when you have a league owned by the Clubs, they can make up whatever rules they want. It's also the real reason why some clubs dropped out of DA...because they have an ownership stake in ECNL and it makes financial sense to push their own product than pay for another.
                Let me guess, a BS parent?

Comment

If it is truly club driven then why bother at all? GDA is not supposed to be club driven. Otherwise, it is just another league, a la ECNL! So, if they are no different than any other league why would US Soccer get involved other than for a power play or $$. Everyone knew that another league billed as a top, national league would dilute talent. US Soccer has added nothing new except to weaken both leagues. Thankfully, it looks as if the experiment will be over within another year or two.

Comment

Let me guess, a BS parent?
                    Nope.

Comment

this is all true. Both leagues have warts. I think very few families can place LEAGUE high in the decision making tree.

what tends to happen is a decision is made based on other factors like proximity, familiarity, convenience, acceptance and THEN parents start to look at league and justify why it was the "better" one.

Comment

this is all true. Both leagues have warts. I think very few families can place LEAGUE high in the decision making tree.

what tends to happen is a decision is made based on other factors like proximity, familiarity, convenience, acceptance and THEN parents start to look at league and justify why it was the "better" one.
                        ^^^ This.

I could care the league. I understand the differences between them all, but ultimately my kid wants to play in the best possible league against the best possible players and teams she can. So, we have to take what is in front of us.

The d!ck measuring about the which is better is just for parental bragging.

Comment

If it is truly club driven then why bother at all? GDA is not supposed to be club driven. Otherwise, it is just another league, a la ECNL! So, if they are no different than any other league why would US Soccer get involved other than for a power play or $$. Everyone knew that another league billed as a top, national league would dilute talent. US Soccer has added nothing new except to weaken both leagues. Thankfully, it looks as if the experiment will be over within another year or two.
                          What do you mean by " GDA is not supposed to be club driven" ? Every league is a collection of Clubs. Every Club is going to ahve its own slant on implementation. What part of that is in anyway not true?

The USSF are NOT taking over the training and coaching of GDA teams. They are laying down what they believe is a framework in which Clubs are supposed to operate to increase the quality of player produced. You can debate the curriculum ( HS vs no Hs, 1g vs 2 g , Coach licensing etc) all you want , but to say its not supposed to be Club driven is not true.

the problem with these debates is , with respect, many have NOT experienced what a positive GDA experience actually looks like. Why? because they haccve seen what the implementation at a DUAL Club like PDA or FC Stars looks like or they have a deep seated Hatfield McCoy syndrome like OW vs CFC They default to assessing it on the basis of the game quality only because that is all that is somewhat transparent.

People like you want it to be over soon because you cannot assess the GDA impact until at least on cycle of "GDA only" players graduates. The current crop are all part another process and part GDA.

GDA should get at least 4 years to refine its model and see what type of player emerges. ECNlLhave already had that luxury and the end product is very mixed.

Comment

What do you mean by " GDA is not supposed to be club driven" ? Every league is a collection of Clubs. Every Club is going to ahve its own slant on implementation. What part of that is in anyway not true?

The USSF are NOT taking over the training and coaching of GDA teams. They are laying down what they believe is a framework in which Clubs are supposed to operate to increase the quality of player produced. You can debate the curriculum ( HS vs no Hs, 1g vs 2 g , Coach licensing etc) all you want , but to say its not supposed to be Club driven is not true.

the problem with these debates is , with respect, many have NOT experienced what a positive GDA experience actually looks like. Why? because they haccve seen what the implementation at a DUAL Club like PDA or FC Stars looks like or they have a deep seated Hatfield McCoy syndrome like OW vs CFC They default to assessing it on the basis of the game quality only because that is all that is somewhat transparent.

People like you want it to be over soon because you cannot assess the GDA impact until at least on cycle of "GDA only" players graduates. The current crop are all part another process and part GDA.

GDA should get at least 4 years to refine its model and see what type of player emerges. ECNlLhave already had that luxury and the end product is very mixed.
                            As long as someone is keeping score, yes it's club driven. The differentiator is supposed to be that the training, philosphy, playing style, etc. is the same. So, when the .0005% of the players who actually do get pulled in a NT camp, they are all playing the same style with the same skillsets so they don't have to waste time teaching them. They can dive right in.

Not advocating one or the other, just pointing out that one item.

Comment

^ best thing to refine GDA is for it to get much smaller. BDA too. It's too big and requires too many mediocre clubs and players to fill it. Yes I know geography is an issue. But it would greatly improve the quality and be better for the top players USSF really cares about. Time for a reality check

Comment

As long as someone is keeping score, yes it's club driven. The differentiator is supposed to be that the training, philosphy, playing style, etc. is the same. So, when the .0005% of the players who actually do get pulled in a NT camp, they are all playing the same style with the same skillsets so they don't have to waste time teaching them. They can dive right in.

Not advocating one or the other, just pointing out that one item.
                                Not strictly true. GDA have not insisted on a formation or any tactical overlay. They may, but as of now they have toured various Clubs and observed. They have been pretty good in this regard. It would be stupid to insist on 433/ High press at every Club right out of the gate.

The aim is to improve a player foundation - touch, awareness, vision etc , not create robots.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X