Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yet they allowed in numerous ECNL clubs because they needed them for credibility and and geography. If USSF really wanted to build their own thing that is how they should have started off, with no ECNL - even if it meant started smaller and building up from there. They could have just done 1-2 regions, or started with the younger players (where there's not HS issue) and built from there.
    do you think that was the reason? Maybe it was becasue they genuinely felt it was a way to work together and increase that over time.

Comment

do you think that was the reason? Maybe it was becasue they genuinely felt it was a way to work together and increase that over time.
      Nope. There is nothing genuine about USSF, even more so now with an investment banker at the helm.

Comment

You make that claim based on what? Were you in the room during the discussions? Christian Lavers, who was in the discussions, is on record saying ECNL was willing to compromise but USSF was unwilling. USSF has not rebutted that, so most people would believe the one person in the room who made a public statement about the discussions.

Unless you were part of the discussion and know something others don’t know, you should probably STFU.
        Yes, the governing body of the sport should have agreed to “merge” with a private group who do not have the best interest of growing the sport in mind. Makes sense to me!

Comment

Yes, the governing body of the sport should have agreed to “merge” with a private group who do not have the best interest of growing the sport in mind. Makes sense to me!
          It’s like merging the State of CT with a large private company would never work.

Comment

You can’t build something that currently doesn’t exist, or repair something that people don’t recognize as damaged, without ruffling a few feathers. I say bravo US Soccer.

The ecnl is all about marketing players for college, not growing or improving the quality and understanding of the game in this country. The US is a global joke, yes even in the women’s side. You people see youth soccer either as a vehicle to get your kids into a school, or something that’s produced past world championships. Past world championships.

US soccer is concerned on growing the game, not creating another culture satisfying league. Times are changing people, accept it and learn or grow moss.

Comment

You can’t build something that currently doesn’t exist, or repair something that people don’t recognize as damaged, without ruffling a few feathers. I say bravo US Soccer.

The ecnl is all about marketing players for college, not growing or improving the quality and understanding of the game in this country. The US is a global joke, yes even in the women’s side. You people see youth soccer either as a vehicle to get your kids into a school, or something that’s produced past world championships. Past world championships.

US soccer is concerned on growing the game, not creating another culture satisfying league. Times are changing people, accept it and learn or grow moss.
              From my chair, the DA has been in place for nearly 10 years and the best players in the US are watching the World Cup on TV. It hasn’t helped.

On the girl’s side, college soccer is absolutely the goal. Perhaps one or two kids in the state have aspirations for a NT look but everyone else is along for the ride.

Most of us could care less about the National teams. My kid loves the game and is working hard towards her goal of playing D1. Thankfully she doesn’t have to give up everything else and have to deal with the DA.

Comment

US soccer is concerned on growing the game, not creating another culture satisfying league.
                You're stoooooopid

Comment

Collaboration and compromise does not mean merging. I thought you guys were saying that GDA was willing to compromise, but now you’re saying that it doesn’t make sense to work together? Taking out of both sides of your mouths.

Comment

Ecnl parents are desperate to sit at the adult table, too bad the only chair left is left is at the kids table, as USYS has taken their place. Make sure to eat your veggies’

Comment

or just keep paying entities to tell you your kid is great. I dont get why people get upset at Clubs/teams not being competitive. Thats part of it. if the USSF come up with humane ways to eliminate said clubs/teams, that is progress.

Comment

From my chair, the DA has been in place for nearly 10 years and the best players in the US are watching the World Cup on TV. It hasn’t helped.

On the girl’s side, college soccer is absolutely the goal. Perhaps one or two kids in the state have aspirations for a NT look but everyone else is along for the ride.

Most of us could care less about the National teams. My kid loves the game and is working hard towards her goal of playing D1. Thankfully she doesn’t have to give up everything else and have to deal with the DA.
                        Yes, and when your ECNL kid joins my GDA kid at their college, your kid d will be on the bench, reminiscing about her ECNL glory days.

Comment

so you define D1 as all the same ? Thats the problem. terms like D1 are bandied about like that is a stretch goal. It may be, it may well not be and the determiniing factor may be soccer ablitly, it may not be.

There are about 10 uber elite socccer programs for girls , then another say 15 a step below. To make it on to teams at those schools you need to be uber talented and/or make sacrifices. Maybe you are good enough to not sacrifice much and still do it.

it you are not referring to that level then sure I agree. you dont have to make sacrifices, but dont kid yourself. getting good at anything requires sacrifice. If College soccer is just a means to an end then fine, but love the game. working hard and not making sacrifices for it seems like an inconsistent mix

Comment

Yes, and when your ECNL kid joins my GDA kid at their college, your kid d will be on the bench, reminiscing about her ECNL glory days.
                            Talent, attitude, fitness, position and many other things come into that. All you can say is you THINK the GDA is better preparation. Over a wide range of player , given time , we will see.

The mindset that bifurcates the YNTS is stupid . If your kid was talented enough, believe me , you would care.

Consistent YNT call ups over multiple cycles with multiple coaches is a sign of quality. but when people say - " My kid does not care about the NT, just College" that effectively means to me, my kid is happy being just good enough, no better.

Thats a pretty low bar

Comment

Collaboration and compromise does not mean merging. I thought you guys were saying that GDA was willing to compromise, but now you’re saying that it doesn’t make sense to work together? Taking out of both sides of your mouths.
                              I said no one was. You keep trying to pin a side on me. I dont have one. Both sides are arrogant egotistical people whose agendas have gotten in the way of whats best for the kids.

Comment

Ecnl parents are desperate to sit at the adult table, too bad the only chair left is left is at the kids table, as USYS has taken their place. Make sure to eat your veggies’
                                Does sitting at the adult table involve conceding 11 goals in two games in your “playoffs”

How’s that taste?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X