Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Albertson out of ECNL?

Is Albertson out of ECNL? How come they have made no formal announcement? I’m worried.

If they are not out, the ECNL is messed up up because LI is not place for three ECNL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If they are not out, the ECNL is messed up up because LI is not place for three ECNL teams.
      Worried about what? All rumor at this point. But what's the worst if they are out? They still have a great college placement track record. Doubt that will change.

Comment

Worried about what? All rumor at this point. But what's the worst if they are out? They still have a great college placement track record. Doubt that will change.
        Because my daughter plays ECNL. The NPL team is not very good and a huge step down from ECNL. No confidence in getting to college via NPL. She is 13 now and it’s a big concern. It’s not just me either. Other parents worried as well.

Comment

Because my daughter plays ECNL. The NPL team is not very good and a huge step down from ECNL. No confidence in getting to college via NPL. She is 13 now and it’s a big concern. It’s not just me either. Other parents worried as well.

Just because your daughter is on a ECNL team does not = college soccer
          Are you that clueless ?

Comment

Yes, they are losing ECNL. When it happens, they will probably also no longer participate in Northeast Girls NPL (the mirror league of ECNL). So, most likely they will be playing in NYPL, EDP and/or maybe they are trying to line up NYCSL NPL since some clubs are leaving that (apparently SUSA will be in all 3 still).

Ask Albertson them to show you a published division map from ECNL for 2018-2019 that shows all 3 clubs: Albertson, EM, and SUSA all playing in the same division. They won't be able to because it isn't happening. SUSA is replacing Alby. They will try to use the all-in list from 2 weeks to indicate they are a member club for 2018-2019, but that was just to maintain the status quo since they will not be officially removed until the end of the season.

Or ask PR himself -- let's face it, he convinced the bulk of players to move to Fury GDA and left ECNL as the afterthought.

Comment

Let's be honest, if your daughter is 13, then she plays on their 2004 team. That team isn't very good to begin with so I don't think there will be too many college coaches having down your door just because your daughter is on that team. Just worry about your daughter, if she's good, and you speak to and know the right people she'll get her looks from colleges

Comment

Is Albertson out of ECNL? How come they have made no formal announcement? I’m worried.
                No formal announcement will be made until after the season ends. The current teams will finish out without disruption. Albertson doesn't want a mass exodus (and even players quitting now) and ECNL would likely prefer to keep the press focused on clubs joining the league right now vs. indicating a club is no longer in it.

Comment

Just because your daughter is on a ECNL team does not = college soccer
                  Are you that clueless ?
                  It greatly enhances anyone’s chances being on an ECNL team so stop already

Comment

Let's be honest, if your daughter is 13, then she plays on their 2004 team. That team isn't very good to begin with so I don't think there will be too many college coaches having down your door just because your daughter is on that team. Just worry about your daughter, if she's good, and you speak to and know the right people she'll get her looks from colleges
                    2005 and yes that team isn’t great either. It’s solid though.

Comment

Yes, they are losing ECNL. When it happens, they will probably also no longer participate in Northeast Girls NPL (the mirror league of ECNL). So, most likely they will be playing in NYPL, EDP and/or maybe they are trying to line up NYCSL NPL since some clubs are leaving that (apparently SUSA will be in all 3 still).

Ask Albertson them to show you a published division map from ECNL for 2018-2019 that shows all 3 clubs: Albertson, EM, and SUSA all playing in the same division. They won't be able to because it isn't happening. SUSA is replacing Alby. They will try to use the all-in list from 2 weeks to indicate they are a member club for 2018-2019, but that was just to maintain the status quo since they will not be officially removed until the end of the season.

Or ask PR himself -- let's face it, he convinced the bulk of players to move to Fury GDA and left ECNL as the afterthought.
                      I just checked that “All In” list and it doesn’t have Susa on it. So it is not updated.

Comment

2005 and yes that team isn’t great either. It’s solid though.
                        Wouldn't half or more of the 2005 team go to Fury DA anyway next year?

Comment

Wouldn't half or more of the 2005 team go to Fury DA anyway next year?
                          It’s a mixed bag. Some definitely don’t want DA. DA very restrictive, so I really don’t know what will happen. Paul can be very, very persuasive. If he wants your kid on DA he will get her there. It’s very hard to say no to him.

Comment

It greatly enhances anyone’s chances being on an ECNL team so stop already
                            It helps but it isn't a necessity. Coaches shop talent not leagues. It just takes a little more effort to be seen.
                            A poster worrying about his 13 year old getting college exposure shows how screwed up soccer is these days.

Comment

It’s a mixed bag. Some definitely don’t want DA. DA very restrictive, so I really don’t know what will happen. Paul can be very, very persuasive. If he wants your kid on DA he will get her there. It’s very hard to say no to him.
                              With all due respect, the Alby 05 ECNL team doesn't appear to be particularly strong to begin with...
                              Now imagine the top 4-5 (at least) players leaving next year to play DA. Top 2 scorers, your strongest center back and the strongest midfielders. Fill in those players with kids from the current NPL team (after anyone even remotely talented has been plucked for DA) that you say is a big drop down. How does that team look? Then throw in some disgruntled parents/players who didn't get the sun, moon and stars they were promised at East Meadow (the only team with a worse ECNL record than Alby 05) rode the bench yet think they are the best thing to hit female soccer since Mia Hamm.

Is this sounding appealing yet? If so, cool! Your daughter can then look forward to her U16 year (you know-THE most important recruiting year for 97% of players), when half the players get cut from DA and look to come back to ECNL!!! Get used to the catch phrase "when we were in DA we...(fill in the blank with whatever they disagree with and feel the need to exclaim how much better DA was)".

Point is, if your kid is 13 and has collegiate aspirations-strap in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride! Yes, word on the street is that Alby is in fact out of ECNL. No surprise considering Paul Riley has been quoted in interviews claiming the GDA is the future of girls soccer and that he is fully committed to the USSF's vision. Rumor is, they are very interested in the newly configured USYS EDP National league to be the top platform for the non DA teams and trying to persuade other NE DA clubs to do the same in an attempt to mirror how ECNL has A & B teams all contained within the 2 leagues. If they made that happen, it would be quite the coup for USYS and EDP. Looking to throw "development" or "academy" into each team's name like -Albertson Fury Academy 05 or some crap like that so kids who used to play ECNL don't feel demoted.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X