Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spin it however you want. They’re on the NT so I doubt they care what you think.
    Funny response but pretty typical. may be hard for you to believe, but the NT is not what its cracked up to be. Let see how they do in College where they is some actual accountability.

No need to spin. in a 20+ game season you tell me how many games they played together ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Funny response but pretty typical. may be hard for you to believe, but the NT is not what its cracked up to be. Let see how they do in College where they is some actual accountability.

No need to spin. in a 20+ game season you tell me how many games they played together ?
      Not the OP but I don’t understand some of the posters’ obvious jealousy and inability not to denigrate others. It is shameful and disgusting.

Comment

Not the OP but I don’t understand some of the posters’ obvious jealousy and inability not to denigrate others. It is shameful and disgusting.
        *ability

Comment

^^^ - BBA parent

Comment

I think you miss the point. I dont read any denigrating. i read a simple counter argument to the nonsense that is spewed here

- GDA ( supposed to be all about the YNT) Stars had 3 players on one team who are YNTs- they rarely played together during the season and some did not practice with the team regularly. Why? Surely is Stars were serious about GDA , that would have been a focal point.

- 3 YNT players on one team and ( another TS myth) somehow practicing with the best players did not make the other players and the team collectively better . Why ?

has nothing to do with the kids. The questions are directed at the Club.

The problem with any attempt to actually stimulate rational discussion is posters can always default to the standard replies - Jealousy, Insults or straight deflection.

On paper, Stars had one of the strongest u18/19 teams in the region, what happened ?

Comment

I think you miss the point. I dont read any denigrating. i read a simple counter argument to the nonsense that is spewed here

- GDA ( supposed to be all about the YNT) Stars had 3 players on one team who are YNTs- they rarely played together during the season and some did not practice with the team regularly. Why? Surely is Stars were serious about GDA , that would have been a focal point.

- 3 YNT players on one team and ( another TS myth) somehow practicing with the best players did not make the other players and the team collectively better . Why ?

has nothing to do with the kids. The questions are directed at the Club.

The problem with any attempt to actually stimulate rational discussion is posters can always default to the standard replies - Jealousy, Insults or straight deflection.

On paper, Stars had one of the strongest u18/19 teams in the region, what happened ?
              I would have done what JD did. He is right to protect his business interests in ECNL. Only in MA is Stars leaving DA any kind of news. Yes there is some collateral damage to the girls, and the ECNL is likely to settle into a level below DA in the long-run, it for the current players they will get recruited as they would have done.

Comment

I would have done what JD did. He is right to protect his business interests in ECNL. Only in MA is Stars leaving DA any kind of news. Yes there is some collateral damage to the girls, and the ECNL is likely to settle into a level below DA in the long-run, it for the current players they will get recruited as they would have done.
                and that is perfectly fair. at least you imply he "did" something. Its not clear where GDA will settle, but you also offer a very balanced and fair response. Kudos to you.

Comment

I would have done what JD did. He is right to protect his business interests in ECNL.
                  I agree with this. What irks this poster is how the ECNL crowd is trying to position it as a slam into DA when he walked. In reality, it was about his business interest in ECNL which is perfectly fine.

Comment

I would not have done what he did. The DA license is gone, and I can't see it ever coming back. PDA, in my opinion, is a different story.

Comment

the thing is currently all these business interestes are aligned. Im not sure how that aligns with individaul goals. As I said in my long post, businesses rely on volume and volume =/= quality. The best players are often used and abused in this model becasue team wins are more marketable than player development as it is much harder to measure.

i think you really need to nurture top level talent and that means recognizing it in the first place and then allowing it to grow and develop. There is no real soccer benefit after a point of 2g back to back and extensive travel to get off planes and play 3/5 g over 5 days. Players that are being relied upon to carry teams, especially forwards, get the cr@p kicked out of them and have little to no real recovery time.

The ECNL does a great job of making the average player (Average being relative to the GDA/ECNL not every player in youth) feel special. The Instagram drops, twitter takeovers, amazing young women etc. All the marketing telling them that they are wonderful. Its cool to provide girls with that strong feeling of self worth. However on the soccer pitch its clear that the league is built for the average player

The GDA marketing is poor. it has been for a while. they dont seem to understand that you should NOT be marketing NTs as the draw. doing that takes 90+ pct of the players out of the equation. You should be selling it as the best development platform IF you are going to continue to have so many teams.

personally I loved the GDA for my kid, but I dont see it working UNLESS the GDA change the focus and kick a lot more money into ti at Club level. And in reality I dont see how they can.

For me, the wear and tear of an ECNL/HS route is just not worth the risk and the rewards are meaningless. For others i can totally accept the risk/rewards is skewed the other way.

Comment

I would not have done what he did. The DA license is gone, and I can't see it ever coming back. PDA, in my opinion, is a different story.
                        as of know, PDA and Stars have common business goals. If Mike O'Neill was the coach of say Duke, I think he would have a different PoV.

Comment

PDA let the players decide what is best for them. Stars, on the whole, put their top teams into ECNL.

as of know, PDA and Stars have common business goals. If Mike O'Neill was the coach of say Duke, I think he would have a different PoV.

Comment

PDA let the players decide what is best for them. Stars, on the whole, put their top teams into ECNL.
                            Stars let their players decide.

Comment

PDA allowed massive waivers though. People underestimate the signal that sends. If you are going to do that you are NOT giving GDA a real chance. Any younger kid is going to look up to the "stars" on the older teams and say if Jilly does HS, so will I.

You cannot compare FC Stars and PDA for that single reason. a U18/19 player at Stars was faced with a difficult choice. At PDA, less so.

the other part is its pretty clear that the supermarket Clubs are selling a brand. they are marketing and selling TEAM success. I dont think that team success necessarily =/= development.

Comment

Not giving waivers played toward ECNL. Many posts were on here prior to last fall season stating that ECNL were the tops teams.

Stars let their players decide.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X