Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Rhode Island

Notices

Rhode Island Discussions about Rhode Island soccer.

Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are they advocates of the "Send it" philosophy, too?

Do parents of these other programs have to pass a BAC test to qualify? You know, the typical sliding scale of the BAC of the parents on the sideline need to align proportionally to the hour of day (9:00 AM = .09%, 10:00 AM = .10%, 11:00 AM = .11%, etc. etc.)
Bayside is one of the first few clubs to introduce ball possession in the northeast so not sure the “send it” from. As a former parent I used to hate it because team we played usually play long balls to beat us. Ten years later I have come to appreciate their philosophy more and more.
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Bayside is one of the first few clubs to introduce ball possession in the northeast so not sure the “send it” from. As a former parent I used to hate it because team we played usually play long balls to beat us. Ten years later I have come to appreciate their philosophy more and more.
Did anyone tell the sidelines? Heard it all game long......
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Did anyone tell the sidelines? Heard it all game long......
Almost every idiot parents from every clubs yell those 2 famous words in American’s Soccer. I applaud some of the parents. They have gotten smarter over the last 5 years and are little more accustomed to the possession game. Have said that there are still parents unfamiliar with the modern Soccer terminologies.
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Almost every idiot parents from every clubs yell those 2 famous words in American’s Soccer. I applaud some of the parents. They have gotten smarter over the last 5 years and are little more accustomed to the possession game. Have said that there are still parents unfamiliar with the modern Soccer terminologies.
True. Sad it came from the coach, too though....
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
True. Sad it came from the coach, too though....
Bombs away or do they play possession and thru balls. I have never seen a bayside played long balls.
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Bombs away or do they play possession and thru balls. I have never seen a bayside played long balls.
I didn't see them playing much of anything, to be honest. But the "Send 'em" commentary was pretty rampant.
Old 05-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
I didn't see them playing much of anything, to be honest. But the "Send 'em" commentary was pretty rampant.
That is typical of American parents. I’m sure once from time to time you’re a victim of it to. Guess what my random question and answer is trump so that typified what is going on in this country now a day.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
That is typical of American parents. I’m sure once from time to time you’re a victim of it to. Guess what my random question and answer is trump so that typified what is going on in this country now a day.
What do drunken sideline fans and coaching for launching long balls have to do with Trump?

You snowflakes will yell at the sky over anything.
Old 05-03-2018
Unregistered

Bayside Boys have always played skillfully, I'm sure based partly on the fact that they get a few inner city kids with immigrant parents.

A lot of the Bayside girls teams are more aggressive, lots more long balls.

Bayside boys coaching also is way better than Bayside girls. It's always been that way.

They're really like two different clubs.

But both the boys and girls have crazy parents. I think that's a Rhode Island thing.