Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s supply and demand. As long as there is demand for Bayside roster spots and parents are willing to pay for that product, why would Bayside change its business model. There appears to be continued demand for parent coaching, mediocre teams, no communication and disrespect for its customers. Kids show up for tryouts. Parents write checks. It goes on every year. No need to change.
    Not to mention the parents in that club are the worst in the region and have given RI soccer parents a terrible reputation. When it was time to send my second child to club, I eliminated Bayside from the list immediately because of the parent behavior I witnessed when my first child’s club team played them (my first child ended up at another club because of blind luck as we knew nothing back then). Now my second child plays them twice a year and I thank my stars we dodged the Bayside bullet everytime I see/hear those sidelines. Still as bad as ever! Sad only because they are the closest to our house, with fields 15 minutes from my door. Instead I drive 45-70 minutes to practices/home games and have never regretted it a moment.

Comment

Not to mention the parents in that club are the worst in the region and have given RI soccer parents a terrible reputation. When it was time to send my second child to club, I eliminated Bayside from the list immediately because of the parent behavior I witnessed when my first child’s club team played them (my first child ended up at another club because of blind luck as we knew nothing back then). Now my second child plays them twice a year and I thank my stars we dodged the Bayside bullet everytime I see/hear those sidelines. Still as bad as ever! Sad only because they are the closest to our house, with fields 15 minutes from my door. Instead I drive 45-70 minutes to practices/home games and have never regretted it a moment.
      You’re the exception. Most RI parents won’t drive more than 20 minutes away. So they put up with whatever Bayside offers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2203220]

Make sure you pay all your Bayside fees to the club President you never see and who doesn’t respond to emails. He has to pay all his dad coaches and assistant coaches.
        They don’t care. If you leave Bayside there are plenty to take your place.

Comment

Development Academy

Will Bayside we expanding the DA program past U12 boys?

Comment

No. Can’t get approved past the pilot U12s

Comment

Will Bayside we expanding the DA program past U12 boys?
              Not big enough of a club to support DA teams. To be successful you need at less 3 U9-U13 to be able to support DA U12 thru U14. What I meant is a good feeder system to move kids to the DA teams. Bayside does not have that yet. Although the coaches they have from U9-U11 are some of the better coaches in terms of players development.

Comment

NPL teams

Where do the Bayside NPL teams practice, and how many practices per week fall and spring? Is it true that they train outside all winter?

Comment

Is the field true that EPHS are building an extension to the school on top of the field?

Comment

So Bayside is “affiliating” with 3 local NSL clubs.

http://www.baysidefc.com/bayside-fc-...ee-local-clubs

Comment

So Bayside is “affiliating” with 3 local NSL clubs.

http://www.baysidefc.com/bayside-fc-...ee-local-clubs

Are they advocates of the "Send it" philosophy, too?

Do parents of these other programs have to pass a BAC test to qualify? You know, the typical sliding scale of the BAC of the parents on the sideline need to align proportionally to the hour of day (9:00 AM = .09%, 10:00 AM = .10%, 11:00 AM = .11%, etc. etc.)

Comment

Are they advocates of the "Send it" philosophy, too?

Do parents of these other programs have to pass a BAC test to qualify? You know, the typical sliding scale of the BAC of the parents on the sideline need to align proportionally to the hour of day (9:00 AM = .09%, 10:00 AM = .10%, 11:00 AM = .11%, etc. etc.)
                        Bayside is one of the first few clubs to introduce ball possession in the northeast so not sure the “send it” from. As a former parent I used to hate it because team we played usually play long balls to beat us. Ten years later I have come to appreciate their philosophy more and more.

Comment

Bayside is one of the first few clubs to introduce ball possession in the northeast so not sure the “send it” from. As a former parent I used to hate it because team we played usually play long balls to beat us. Ten years later I have come to appreciate their philosophy more and more.
                          Did anyone tell the sidelines? Heard it all game long......

Comment

Did anyone tell the sidelines? Heard it all game long......
                            Almost every idiot parents from every clubs yell those 2 famous words in American’s Soccer. I applaud some of the parents. They have gotten smarter over the last 5 years and are little more accustomed to the possession game. Have said that there are still parents unfamiliar with the modern Soccer terminologies.

Comment

Almost every idiot parents from every clubs yell those 2 famous words in American’s Soccer. I applaud some of the parents. They have gotten smarter over the last 5 years and are little more accustomed to the possession game. Have said that there are still parents unfamiliar with the modern Soccer terminologies.
                              True. Sad it came from the coach, too though....

Comment

True. Sad it came from the coach, too though....
                                Bombs away or do they play possession and thru balls. I have never seen a bayside played long balls.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X