Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 07-26-2010
Super Moderator

Default Recently Banned > Everyone should take notice....

From the New U-17 (Rising u17 girls.........the civil verson) forum and the old U-16 Forum for way over the top attack responses.

I have also deleted all post by this user, the once decent post in 10 doesn't warrant his/her participation.

1 week ban
-----------------------------------

This past week in a number of threads has been just ridiculous and the vitriol and venom been spewed is going WAY past the rules.

I will not allow this forum to spin totally out of control, you can disagree and if you are so immature/insecure you need to attack the intelligence and/or moral standing of the poster you may do so (I guess) but within the bounds of language and content your would say to YOUR OWN 12 year old daughter in front of her minister. Short version, show some class, there are children that also come here and in some cases participate in a far more mature manner than the so called adults.

I will not take action for disagreement but I am ALL DONE with change 1 letter of a swear to mask the word (how crafty of you, our children will never know now) or or other equally offensive comments and or suggestions. If I cringe to think of my kids seeing the comment on this board, it will not stay and neither will the poster.

Are we VERY clear on this folks.
Old 07-26-2010
Super Moderator

Also banned user 1 week in the "Was your kid cut? There's hope!"
Old 07-26-2010
Unregistered

i don't post here often maybe 10 posts in last 3 years so if you are referring to me i apologize.
being banned i mean i understand you will not hear from me again
Old 07-26-2010
Unregistered

One week penalty is not long enough for what was posted in those threads. Just my opinion.
Old 07-26-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i don't post here often maybe 10 posts in last 3 years so if you are referring to me i apologize.
being banned i mean i understand you will not hear from me again
If you are posting here .... it was not you (and I checked...It was not you...)
Old 07-26-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
One week penalty is not long enough for what was posted in those threads. Just my opinion.
For people like that, it is like going to drug rehab.....A week is tough for them to do.
No fear though, next time (and there probably will be a next time), it will be quite a while...

Last edited by Beachbum; 07-27-2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2010
Unregistered

Like everything else, it's probably 1% of posters that cause 95% of your work. The rest of us would have no problem with more / longer bans.
Old 08-01-2010
Unregistered

I think you should ban them permanently and hopefully start to clean up this site. Also, hard to understand how you can ban an unregistered poster, since they can just move to another computer....maybe it is time you consider requiring all posters to be registered! That should help clean up things quickly I would imagine.
Old 08-02-2010
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you should ban them permanently and hopefully start to clean up this site. Also, hard to understand how you can ban an unregistered poster, since they can just move to another computer....maybe it is time you consider requiring all posters to be registered! That should help clean up things quickly I would imagine.
So....what's keeping you from registering and doing your part to help clean up this site?
Old 08-06-2010
Unregistered

Beachbum, did JD ever get the IP addresses he requested?

Signed,
A concerned poster on TS