Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default ECNL National Showcases for U18/19

My daughter is an 03/2022 player on an ECNL team. Next year she'll play on the U18/19 team and be a trapped junior. Looking at the upcoming ECNL events, I only see them listing competitive play for up to U17. Which events do the U18/19 players attend? I asked our team manager and she said she didn't know - her daughter graduates next year so I don't think she cares. Anyone know?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is an 03/2022 player on an ECNL team. Next year she'll play on the U18/19 team and be a trapped junior. Looking at the upcoming ECNL events, I only see them listing competitive play for up to U17. Which events do the U18/19 players attend? I asked our team manager and she said she didn't know - her daughter graduates next year so I don't think she cares. Anyone know?
Yeah, your coach knows. Ask him
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

This is where you hope for a return to grad year teams.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Or you play gda that has u18/u19 teams.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Default ECNL switces to grad year and instantly increase market share

Quote:
If ecnl switches to grad year, they would seriously and instantly gain a whole heck of a lot of players - about 1/3 exactly!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The national events are listed on the ECNL website. Under the current system, the trapped players are particularly screwed after U17 (their sophomore year) in the Northeast because they have fall high school season and there are no showcase events after January. Very sad!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I have an 02/2021 (hs jr) so we are living your next year now.
Her team is playing ECNL FL in Jan, PDA in May, and Playoffs in June.
The only change from last year is no Phx in April.

Next year will essentially be same since the Composite teams accommodate for trapped seniors
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Make the most of her showcasing opportunities NOW while she has them. As a sophomore she needs to get on coaches' watch lists. In June, when coaches are allowed to talk to her, she'd then get invited to various ID events if they are interested. Coaches know the system is messed up because of the calendar year move and they generally shop by grade anyway. This is the time most will be looking at her grad year. Make sure she makes it clear in her correspondence what her graduation year is. If all goes well she will already wrapped up by this time next year, or at least far along in the process so the showcasing will become less important.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I have an 02/2021 (hs jr) so we are living your next year now.
Her team is playing ECNL FL in Jan, PDA in May, and Playoffs in June.
The only change from last year is no Phx in April.

Next year will essentially be same since the Composite teams accommodate for trapped seniors
When my kid played ECNL, the Composite teams were an NPL equivalent which got little to no love.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
When my kid played ECNL, the Composite teams were an NPL equivalent which got little to no love.
Likely because itís blending all the players. But this year, her Junior year, seems fine. A) whole team is committed b) only skipping one showcase (phx). Fine with me