Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a coach offers a player a spot on their college roster but no money how is that player viewed among the team or coach? Does the player have a chance to earn quality playing time or does playing time typically go to high-dollar players?
Unless itís a D1 team, arenít most players getting no money?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. Tips mean something at Ivies because a) they are D1 programs and b) they are worth getting into.

D3 Tips are sales tokens. Like I said, I was recruited by my Audi dealer earlier today. Said I was his top prospect and he is going to make sure I am given one of his two tips for the vehicles coming in next week.
This is absolutely the truth about D3 soccer. Playing D3 soccer, is no different than joining any other campus club or activity.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that. Tips mean something at Ivies because a) they are D1 programs and b) they are worth getting into.

D3 Tips are sales tokens. Like I said, I was recruited by my Audi dealer earlier today. Said I was his top prospect and he is going to make sure I am given one of his two tips for the vehicles coming in next week.
Tips and merit aid come to kids that are wanted for a team. Itís not always scholarship money. How exactly does this equate with cars? Have you even been through the process? No, didnít think so. It shows.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
This is absolutely the truth about D3 soccer. Playing D3 soccer, is no different than joining any other campus club or activity.
Uh okay. Keep telling yourself that.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Ah yes the holy grail of D1. I know of plenty of crap D1 teams, but hey, at least you can say you play D1!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Tips and merit aid come to kids that are wanted for a team. Itís not always scholarship money. How exactly does this equate with cars? Have you even been through the process? No, didnít think so. It shows.
Tips from car dealerships come to people who are wanted to drive their cars. That is how it equates.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

You really are getting around, BTNT.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Ah yes the holy grail of D1. I know of plenty of crap D1 teams, but hey, at least you can say you play D1!
This post was about getting money for playing soccer in college. That pretty much a limited to D1, whether crappy or not. It seems like you are trying convince yourself that D3 is more special than it is. Relax. Itís okay to play soccer for fun in college.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
This post was about getting money for playing soccer in college. That pretty much a limited to D1, whether crappy or not. It seems like you are trying convince yourself that D3 is more special than it is. Relax. Itís okay to play soccer for fun in college.
Thanks, BTNT. Order another pepperoni.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
D2 can offer athletic aid as well.