Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Parents, beware of GPS -- they just care about taking your $$. I had 3 kids in the program and now none of them want to continue with soccer. All 3 have quit! Coaches are far too busy hitting on divorced (and married) mommies to actually coach soccer. Worst sports experience ever.
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Parents, beware of GPS -- they just care about taking your $$. I had 3 kids in the program and now none of them want to continue with soccer. All 3 have quit! Coaches are far too busy hitting on divorced (and married) mommies to actually coach soccer. Worst sports experience ever.
Your kids weren't good or committed. It happens at all clubs. And if it was so bad why did it take you so long to figure it out? It didn't just go south.
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Your kids weren't good or committed. It happens at all clubs. And if it was so bad why did it take you so long to figure it out? It didn't just go south.

Always blame the spouse's side piece...never the spouse...
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
thereís so much misinformation out there. What can a parent of a gps ma elite red boys player expect to pay out of pocket per year. Iím looking for an all in number.
$7,000 - $10,000
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
$7,000 - $10,000
Honestly, anyone paying that kind of money for this ought to have his or her head examined.
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

GPS is full of average and even below average players, just like my kids. No, they weren't the best, but we paid our fees in full and GPS made the experience a truly miserable one. It was a rotating carousel of bad coaches, sometimes 2-3 per year, and each one was worse than the one before. Meanwhile, practices were cancelled or moved last minute. Not enough players would show up for games, guest players from other teams would be used and took all the playing time away from our kids. And we were always hit by crazy tournaments fees and uniform fees, and every other kind of fee you could imagine.

Instead of attacking me for being honest, maybe you GPS people should use your energy to fix you broken soccer club.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
GPS is full of average and even below average players, just like my kids. No, they weren't the best, but we paid our fees in full and GPS made the experience a truly miserable one. It was a rotating carousel of bad coaches, sometimes 2-3 per year, and each one was worse than the one before. Meanwhile, practices were cancelled or moved last minute. Not enough players would show up for games, guest players from other teams would be used and took all the playing time away from our kids. And we were always hit by crazy tournaments fees and uniform fees, and every other kind of fee you could imagine.

Instead of attacking me for being honest, maybe you GPS people should use your energy to fix you broken soccer club.
All clubs treat their lowest rung teams like that. Sad, but not unique to GPS
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
All clubs treat their lowest rung teams like that. Sad, but not unique to GPS
I have to respectfully disagree. My family is new to the club soccer scene but this hasnít been our experience to date. I am very happy with the calibre and consistency of the coaching and the coaches seem to be mindful of playing time and focus on player skill development.
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

And yet another GPS thread where a nut job posts over and over, responding to their own posts and making up stuff. Keep it up buddy. At least it keeps you off the streets.
Old 10-31-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
And yet another GPS thread where a nut job posts over and over, responding to their own posts and making up stuff. Keep it up buddy. At least it keeps you off the streets.
We arenít with GPS.