Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIMBYs threaten proposed new WUFC facility.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIMBYs threaten proposed new WUFC facility.

The good folk at Wanker's Corner United FC have been touting their proposed new Westlake Park facility for a while now. The project is getting close to construction, but is now seeing some public opposition. Not from other soccer clubs... from the neighbors.

Y'see, wusc wants to build it's brand new facility in the Stafford Basin along Borland Road, near Athey Creek MS.

And in that neighborhood are dozens of McMansions on five acre lots, whose owners have paid top dollar for country living just a short drive from the boutiques and bistros of Lake Oswego, and the last thing they want is traffic from soccer games slowing down their Mercedes. So they are lawyering up. And these some of these folks have half the state legislature on speed dial. Already the one of the local teevee news channels has published a sympathetic piece on how horrible it is to disrupt their quaint community with kids playing footie on Saturday morning.

https://katu.com/news/local/new-spor...ppose-the-plan

Sorry, WUFC. It was a great idea and it looks like it would have been a beautiful facility. But you just don't get to build those sort of things near rich people.

Don't they know you can only build 'rural' if it's next to an existing gun range?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Don't they know you can only build 'rural' if it's next to an existing gun range?
      Unfortunately, Zach Randolph no longer lives down there, or his house might qualify.

Comment

LO always up to no good

Comment

Unfortunately, Zach Randolph no longer lives down there, or his house might qualify.
          Hey, don't be messin! I miss Z-bo, actually. And Sheed, too. Nothing *****ed the progressive pretense of Portlandia like seeing the city freak out at the collective antics of two large athletic black men, both with guaranteed contracts and fvck you money, splashed across the front of the _Oregonian_'s sports page as though the country had been invaded. Wallace was an oracle of the game, a true poet; in many ways the Yogi Berra of basketball.

And Randolph? Even though he wasn't a very efficient basketball player (modern sabremetrics has not not been kind his to his game, which is why you don't see many dreadnought power forwards throwing up midrange jumpers in the NBA any more), in the great history of FUs given to the Man, one of the greatest has to be his buying a house in the Stafford Basin--one of the wealthiest, whitest parts of town--and doing the full Tupac out among the horsey set. 40-ozers, .38s, pit bulls, hip-hop cranked up to 11 at 2AM, and more weed than Woodstock. It was awesome. And believe me, the Man--as evidenced by the outraged shrieks of that tea-party twatwaffle Canzano--was NOT amused.

Nowadays, we have the Timbers heading in to the MLS playoffs with their star striker entering rehab, and nobody in town is batting an eyelash (other than to wonder if Dairon Asprilla will be doing any more backflips in his absence). And the Blazers current star is engaging in rap feuds left and right, and nobody cares about that either. So I guess my city is growing up.

Comment

Hey, don't be messin! I miss Z-bo, actually. And Sheed, too. Nothing *****ed the progressive pretense of Portlandia like seeing the city freak out at the collective antics of two large athletic black men, both with guaranteed contracts and fvck you money, splashed across the front of the _Oregonian_'s sports page as though the country had been invaded. Wallace was an oracle of the game, a true poet; in many ways the Yogi Berra of basketball.

And Randolph? Even though he wasn't a very efficient basketball player (modern sabremetrics has not not been kind his to his game, which is why you don't see many dreadnought power forwards throwing up midrange jumpers in the NBA any more), in the great history of FUs given to the Man, one of the greatest has to be his buying a house in the Stafford Basin--one of the wealthiest, whitest parts of town--and doing the full Tupac out among the horsey set. 40-ozers, .38s, pit bulls, hip-hop cranked up to 11 at 2AM, and more weed than Woodstock. It was awesome. And believe me, the Man--as evidenced by the outraged shrieks of that tea-party twatwaffle Canzano--was NOT amused.

Nowadays, we have the Timbers heading in to the MLS playoffs with their star striker entering rehab, and nobody in town is batting an eyelash (other than to wonder if Dairon Asprilla will be doing any more backflips in his absence). And the Blazers current star is engaging in rap feuds left and right, and nobody cares about that either. So I guess my city is growing up.
            Really, TS? "P r i c k" is now on the site's naughty-words list, even though its most common meaning is non-offensive? Words fail.

Comment

Damn bro that is poetry. Hope you don't wear Timber colors - would be such a waste.

Comment

LO always up to no good
                Nah.. LO is to lazy to be up to anything....

Comment

I think you are confusing LO with hipsterville SE

Comment

But LO has lawyers on retainer, and Stafford Basin is the sort of place where spoiled children who ask for ponies often receive them. (Seriously; there are lots of stables out there--and few if any working farms, or other agricultural endeavors in which owning a horse would actually be useful rather than an expensive pet/hobby/toy).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X