Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let’s be real here. A handful of schools in the state have girls that have been invited, then continually invited back to the US soccer training centers along with National Level Id camps. Unfortunately, not all of those players are surrounded by players of their caliber in the high school environment. The better high school programs just have more of those types of players than the other schools. It’s that simple. There are no genius coaches in girls H.S. soccer.
    So you are telling me Ridgefield and staples, the LL finalist two years in a row (Ridgefield 4 times) and Glastonbury before staples, all had multiple national pool and high level d1 players?

Comment

So you are telling me Ridgefield and staples, the LL finalist two years in a row (Ridgefield 4 times) and Glastonbury before staples, all had multiple national pool and high level d1 players?
      Not even close!

Comment

Let’s be real here. A handful of schools in the state have girls that have been invited, then continually invited back to the US soccer training centers along with National Level Id camps. Unfortunately, not all of those players are surrounded by players of their caliber in the high school environment. The better high school programs just have more of those types of players than the other schools. It’s that simple. There are no genius coaches in girls H.S. soccer.
        Please list the CT girls invited and continually invited back to US Soccer training centers and their corresponding High School. Please list the high schools that have multiple players first. I’ll wait.

Comment

Yes, these posts are a little sill. What I will say is that the consistently high performing high school teams have higher concentrations of club players. If you look at teams like Glastonbury many of their players grew up playing at Oakwood. Teams like Farmington and Lewis Mills are FSA. St Josephs have Yankee, Staples have CFC. If most of your players have been playing year round soccer your program has a huge advantage. Look at any state champion I would bet most players play competitive club ball.

Comment

Yes, these posts are a little sill. What I will say is that the consistently high performing high school teams have higher concentrations of club players. If you look at teams like Glastonbury many of their players grew up playing at Oakwood. Teams like Farmington and Lewis Mills are FSA. St Josephs have Yankee, Staples have CFC. If most of your players have been playing year round soccer your program has a huge advantage. Look at any state champion I would bet most players play competitive club ball.
            Thank you Mr. Obvious.

Comment

What about the 4 teams you didn't mention who won state championships?

Comment

Please list the CT girls invited and continually invited back to US Soccer training centers and their corresponding High School. Please list the high schools that have multiple players first. I’ll wait.
                Players from McMahon, Staples, Masuk, Trumbull come to mind. There might be others as well

Comment

Players from McMahon, Staples, Masuk, Trumbull come to mind. There might be others as well
                  you dont get it

CFC has the Nat camp hook- EJ from OW and JB from CFC are the only 2 players in recent years to be on Nat teams
                  kids got invited to camps mostly from CFC (KL and PM come to mind) 1 or 2 invites then done- thats not a shot,its a testament to their game but its a big country with lots of really good players
                  FSA,YU CT Rush dont get that look, wether they have the kid is debatable but it wouldnt matter they cant get in the door

Comment

you dont get it

CFC has the Nat camp hook- EJ from OW and JB from CFC are the only 2 players in recent years to be on Nat teams
                    kids got invited to camps mostly from CFC (KL and PM come to mind) 1 or 2 invites then done- thats not a shot,its a testament to their game but its a big country with lots of really good players
                    FSA,YU CT Rush dont get that look, wether they have the kid is debatable but it wouldnt matter they cant get in the door
                    Rightfully so. Take a look at the last two great yankee players. Both st joes all Americans. They both tried ecnl. L.S. Crashed and burned. Went from scoring multiple goals per npl game to maybe scoring 2 in a whole ecnl season. The more recent J.M.....she couldn’t even hack more than one ecnl practice.

Comment

Rightfully so. Take a look at the last two great yankee players. Both st joes all Americans. They both tried ecnl. L.S. Crashed and burned. Went from scoring multiple goals per npl game to maybe scoring 2 in a whole ecnl season. The more recent J.M.....she couldn’t even hack more than one ecnl practice.
                      LS played at CFC jr and sr year
                      she was an ECNL player and recruited by an ecnl coach from YU as a soph
                      she lost her ride, the coach lost his job

Comment

LS played at CFC jr and sr year
                        she was an ECNL player and recruited by an ecnl coach from YU as a soph
                        she lost her ride, the coach lost his job
                        There is so much misinformation in this post. Fact check and get back to us.

Comment

No that was about right.

Comment

what was not factual? thats exactly the story

Comment

you dont get it

Please fact check this statement too

Comment

Please fact check this statement too
                                i dont need to i know its factual
                                if you are questioning it state what you think is inaccurate

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X