Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Quite a few Oregon players in all positions making contributions on D1 and on down teams. Very nice to see all around. Wish great success to them all. Way to represent Oregon! Also, wish well the players who willingly or grudgingly hung up their cleats and are concentrating on academics now. There are also pros to having the classic college experience and putting academics first.
Unintended consequences of Title IX, turning DIII level girls into D1 contributors.

Please have some perspective and appreciation of what Title IX has done to this under the radar activity for females in college.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unintended consequences of Title IX, turning DIII level girls into D1 contributors.

Please have some perspective and appreciation of what Title IX has done to this under the radar activity for females in college.
Unintended or not, the consequences are awesome. Rock on Title 9. Giving women opportunities to play competitively longer is a) healthy b) good for society. Athletic moms often support fitness driven children, ahem that would be boys and girls.

Additionally, there are literally too many to reference research articles pointing to the mental and physical benefits for developing young minds that play competitive sports. From leadership opportunities to learning how to overcome challenges to developing teamwork strategies to improved organizational abilities to improved ability to handle stress.

Whether Div 1, 2 or 3 or NAIA who cares? The benefits are many for society to support women playing sports in college in ways they would not be able to do without more equal funding between men and women’s collegiate programs.

Many of the negative posters here simply make me laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unintended or not, the consequences are awesome. Rock on Title 9. Giving women opportunities to play competitively longer is a) healthy b) good for society. Athletic moms often support fitness driven children, ahem that would be boys and girls.

Additionally, there are literally too many to reference research articles pointing to the mental and physical benefits for developing young minds that play competitive sports. From leadership opportunities to learning how to overcome challenges to developing teamwork strategies to improved organizational abilities to improved ability to handle stress.

Whether Div 1, 2 or 3 or NAIA who cares? The benefits are many for society to support women playing sports in college in ways they would not be able to do without more equal funding between men and women’s collegiate programs.

Many of the negative posters here simply make me laugh.

Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Unintended or not, the consequences are awesome. Rock on Title 9. Giving women opportunities to play competitively longer is a) healthy b) good for society. Athletic moms often support fitness driven children, ahem that would be boys and girls.

Additionally, there are literally too many to reference research articles pointing to the mental and physical benefits for developing young minds that play competitive sports. From leadership opportunities to learning how to overcome challenges to developing teamwork strategies to improved organizational abilities to improved ability to handle stress.

Whether Div 1, 2 or 3 or NAIA who cares? The benefits are many for society to support women playing sports in college in ways they would not be able to do without more equal funding between men and women’s collegiate programs.

Many of the negative posters here simply make me laugh.
Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mom please stop. Nobody here cares. You are supposed to brag on instagram and Facebook. Nobody comes on this site for feel good or bragging.
Nobody cares? Yet here you are posting multiple times in this thread. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.
100% correct
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mom please stop. Nobody here cares. You are supposed to brag on instagram and Facebook. Nobody comes on this site for feel good or bragging.
I happen to be proud of my daughter and I deserve to get recognition too. An anonymous chat room with a bunch of weird people lurking is the perfect place for bragging.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.
Finally someone tells it like it is.

The greed of club coaches and entire clubs inflating their player pools actual stock, based on the trickle down impact of title ix on non revenue activity at the d1 level.

Always angle and in this case always a sucker ready to fly away.

Just because title ix awards 2x the number of opportunities to female participants in soccer than males this doesn't change the fiber of the females ability, colleges have to take on not so good players to fill out rosters. That's reality of how title ix impacts women's soccer.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well said, the negative posters can take a hike. Having more young female athletes playing at a collegiate level, attending schools they may not be able to attend otherwise, is extremely beneficial to all.
Those opportunities are still their for Oregonians without pointless club travel to insanity.

You all been conned.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-02-2019
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Nothing wrong with Title IX as it's written, problem here is how it's applied and then extrapolated into D1 talent*.

The aim of title ix was not to create club travel leagues for DIII level talent. That's all.
Boom!

Preach it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.