Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Assuming all HS tryouts are starting up over the next few days. St John's starts today. Thu 8 AM and 2 PM, Fri 8 AM and 2 PM, Three scrimmages on Saturday and an 8 AM on Monday. Then they let the kids know. Didn't go to the coach meeting Tuesday night but heard through the grapevine that there's going to be about 50 kids being considered for 10 spots on varsity. There will be about 160 kids showing up but a bunch will be pushed down to JV and Freshman pretty fast. Most of the 50 kids being considered play club...going to be very competitive.

Going to be tough on the kids that don't make it. Juniors that don't make it aren't allowed to play JV...some soccer careers are going to end over the next few days. Brutal.
    Which will be soon followed by a dozen emails to the coach saying how ignorant the coach is because “my son plays for (insert club here)”

Comment

Does anyone really care about boys soccer?
      The rest of the world will quickly passing US women's boot ball. Becky Bigbutt is doomed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
        Concord Carlisle is way down this year, graduated 19 and return 0 conference all-stars. Not as extreme but Lincoln-Sudbury will be down a notch.

Bedford is going to be very good. Might be best team in DCL.
        Dover Sherborn should be strong.
        Medway returning 8, 4 of them conference all-stars.
        Dracut and Medford look good.

Brockton, Chelmsford and Durfee will be down.

All the Bay State teams to M, nothing significant to report as far as huge losses due to graduation or number of players returning.
        Weymouth probably returns the most this year- returning eastern mass all star center back and 2 other league all stars in the midfield. Return a total of 8 Starters and 14 total players. Granted they didn’t make a run last year losing to Wellesley in round 1 but they should be the team to beat with Wellesley and Needham both losing players and Wellesley changing coaches.

Comment

Weymouth probably returns the most this year- returning eastern mass all star center back and 2 other league all stars in the midfield. Return a total of 8 Starters and 14 total players. Granted they didn’t make a run last year losing to Wellesley in round 1 but they should be the team to beat with Wellesley and Needham both losing players and Wellesley changing coaches.
          Are there any Weymouth players on the team that were born the last time Weymouth made the final?

Comment

Are there any Weymouth players on the team that were born the last time Weymouth made the final?
            South final? Emass final? State final?

Comment

Assuming all HS tryouts are starting up over the next few days. St John's starts today. Thu 8 AM and 2 PM, Fri 8 AM and 2 PM, Three scrimmages on Saturday and an 8 AM on Monday. Then they let the kids know. Didn't go to the coach meeting Tuesday night but heard through the grapevine that there's going to be about 50 kids being considered for 10 spots on varsity. There will be about 160 kids showing up but a bunch will be pushed down to JV and Freshman pretty fast. Most of the 50 kids being considered play club...going to be very competitive.

Going to be tough on the kids that don't make it. Juniors that don't make it aren't allowed to play JV...some soccer careers are going to end over the next few days. Brutal.
              Lets not confuse "soccer careers" with "High School soccer careers". I hope all the players who get cut from the likes of the Prep and BC High recognize that these 10 week seasons at age 15-17 are a blip in their soccer-playing lifetimes. I hope they continue to play at "______" club and enjoy their soccer. There is a place for everyone to play, and soccer is usually a lot more fun in your 20s (and beyond) with mature players than it is in your teens with a gym teacher with a whistle telling you what to do.

Comment

State championship? Beat your precious Bay State League team in the finals? Ring a bell?
                Not sure what you mean here? Ludlow won the state championship and the West won the Bay State League Games too. And just in case Ludlow also won the Summer League as well. What are you referencing???

Comment

Lets not confuse "soccer careers" with "High School soccer careers". I hope all the players who get cut from the likes of the Prep and BC High recognize that these 10 week seasons at age 15-17 are a blip in their soccer-playing lifetimes. I hope they continue to play at "______" club and enjoy their soccer. There is a place for everyone to play, and soccer is usually a lot more fun in your 20s (and beyond) with mature players than it is in your teens with a gym teacher with a whistle telling you what to do.
                  Great advice, and you are clearly a good dad.
                  sorry your kid's getting cut

Comment

Great advice, and you are clearly a good dad.
                    sorry your kid's getting cut
                    I give frances permission to say anything she wants on this site. Go ahead frances.

Comment

South final? Emass final? State final?
                      Do the Patriots hang AFC Champ banners in the stadium. Final means final. State final.

Comment

My son was cut

Okay what do I do after finding out my son was cut from HS soccer. First a little background. My son plays for a d1 club and even starts for them. He was placed on JV last year because the coach hates him for some reason, he went on to score a ton of goals. This year he was flat out cut. At least one of the kids on the team was cut from my sons club team. What should I do? Should I call the coach myself? Call the AD, threaten to sue? My son deserves to be on the team IMO.

Comment

Life isn’t fair. Move along.

Comment

Not fair

What do you mean life is not fair? My son is being denied an opportunity he deserves and he has been working towards this goal for years. I am not giving up I am just looking for the best path to make them take him...he is better than at least a handful. I watched most of yesterdays scrimmage because I was early after leaving work and was thought my son actually had a chance to start.....forget getting cut! Advice welcome.

Life isn’t fair. Move along.

Comment

mistake

I saw the typo but there is no way to correct it. Just let me know your thoughts about how to fix this error for my son. I am hoping I don't have to call my lawyer but I will if need be.

Comment

I saw the typo but there is no way to correct it. Just let me know your thoughts about how to fix this error for my son. I am hoping I don't have to call my lawyer but I will if need be.
                                My son is in a similar situation. Has played club the last 4 years, solid starter, and now is being moved from a starter on his HS team (senior year). Coach doesn't like him, says he gives no effort (according to coach only in practice) , meanwhile his son is a starter, doesn't move, is afraid of physical contact, and has NO talent. I wouldn't be surprised if my son is cut, as the coach wrote an email to all parents letting us know that if he felt our kid wasn't giving effort, regardless of talent, they would be cut. Not sure what you can do, aside from let him continue to play club. It sucks, but life isn't always fair, might as well start learning that now I guess.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X