Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discussions about Pennsylvania soccer.

Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default FC Bucks 2006 ECNL - Girls

Anyone know anything about this team? Thinking of having my daughter try out. Rich Finneyfrock is supposedly a good coach with a good reputation, but word on the street is that he has ceded control of the team to a small group of parents who are just looking out for their own kids' interests.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Smile Fc bucks

Completely false ! Come find out for yourself. This team is legit!
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default FC Bucks

My daughter plays for this team. She came from an outside club last year. Most of the kids who previously played for Rich did not make the ECNL team. Players make it based on merit and performance. Finneyfrock has zero tolerance for parental interference. Players best interest is his only priority.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default FC Bucks

Tryouts are tonight and 3/21
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default Fc bucks

Last two tournaments on got soccer show a record of 0 wins 5 loses and 1 tie. 1 goal scored in 6 games.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

It's a good club. Worth checking out.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default Fc bucks

My daughter also plays for this team. She also came from another club. The club is a great club and is definitely worth checking out. This team is a very good team and is currently ranked third in its ecnl league. Finneyfrock is a great coach. One of the best. In the interest of being transparent the father of a girl on the team is the assistant coach. There doesn’t appear to be any playing favorites but This is something most top clubs wouldn’t allow. I thought it was odd when my daughter started.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Default FC Bucks

If you want to go by got soccer look at the last 8 tournaments going back to last year. Why would you look at only 2 tournaments? This team plays in Jeff Cup, WAGS, Bethesda Cup, Spirit, FC Delco etc. as well as competes in ECNL which is one of the top leagues in the country. The team only plays in the top tournaments in the top brackets. The team is 13-11-3 with 45GS and 32GA going back the last year. The team just competed in Jeff Cup this past weekend and advanced to the semis. Not sure anyone who is competent should base their decision making on Got Soccer points.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Exclamation FC Bucks

Please stop! You sound silly arguing the merits of a 13 yr old soccer team.

OP- if you are interested go to a tryout and talk to the coach. Bring up your concerns. Maybe reach out to a parent from another age group. Because on this board you will get answers from 3 types of people:
1. Disgruntled parent who's kid got cut or knows their days are numbered
2. Scared parent who wants nothing more but for their kid to stay on the team but knows they are barely hanging on.
3. Troll who will say anything to get someone fired up.
Old 03-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter also plays for this team. She also came from another club. The club is a great club and is definitely worth checking out. This team is a very good team and is currently ranked third in its ecnl league. Finneyfrock is a great coach. One of the best. In the interest of being transparent the father of a girl on the team is the assistant coach. There doesn’t appear to be any playing favorites but This is something most top clubs wouldn’t allow. I thought it was odd when my daughter started.
FC Bucks is a good club. They have good coaches and develop soccer players at various ages and levels. You can't make a kid a top 1% if it's not possible (iq, athletic ability, genetics, etc.). That's why those players are unicorns. They care about the kids. If you are in the market, definitely check it out.