Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They have a couple other play ones beside the ECNL players.
    The disappointment stems from the continued focus from Titusville on the fact they have 5 players playing in the ECNL league, and the belief that means their players are superior to the other Brevard high schools who do not have ECNL players. As has already been explained, Titusville players choosing the very good ECNL program is entirely related to geography. ECNL is a great league and almost as easy to commute to from Titusville as it is to commute to Melbourne to play on a Brevard team. For central & south Brevard families it makes much more sense to stay home since they have the local option Titusville lacks. Next year when Space Coast gets ECNL, will the central and south Brevard kids who play SCU ECNL suddenly and magically be better players because they are ECNL? Once these Titusville parents realize there are good players in the rest of the county (which is much more populated than Titusville) , they will be less disappointed (and needing of excuses) when the regular kids beat their ECNL kids.

Comment

I said 14 only 5 are ECNL. The others 9 are respectable.
      14 deep means they would me missing or lacking 14 players. You ever finish highschool?

Comment

14 deep means they would me missing or lacking 14 players. You ever finish highschool?
        Dumbest comment of the year award goes to...

Comment

The disappointment stems from the continued focus from Titusville on the fact they have 5 players playing in the ECNL league, and the belief that means their players are superior to the other Brevard high schools who do not have ECNL players. As has already been explained, Titusville players choosing the very good ECNL program is entirely related to geography. ECNL is a great league and almost as easy to commute to from Titusville as it is to commute to Melbourne to play on a Brevard team. For central & south Brevard families it makes much more sense to stay home since they have the local option Titusville lacks. Next year when Space Coast gets ECNL, will the central and south Brevard kids who play SCU ECNL suddenly and magically be better players because they are ECNL? Once these Titusville parents realize there are good players in the rest of the county (which is much more populated than Titusville) , they will be less disappointed (and needing of excuses) when the regular kids beat their ECNL kids.
          It depends, some of the players in south Brevard are good enough, but it isn’t that far a drive in comparison to the Titusville players. It’s just about an extra 10 minutes. You can’t possibly tell me that none of the players in south Brevard are playing ecnl because of geography.

Comment

It depends, some of the players in south Brevard are good enough, but it isn’t that far a drive in comparison to the Titusville players. It’s just about an extra 10 minutes. You can’t possibly tell me that none of the players in south Brevard are playing ecnl because of geography.
            You don’t get it. It is not that it is that much farther to travel to Orlando ECNL from south brevard than it is from Titusville (it is a little farther) it is that in central & south Brevard there are quality local options, meaning 10-20 minutes travel to practice instead 1hr to 1hr15min to Orlando. In Titusville there is no local option. It is 40m to 1hr to Orlando vs 30 to 45 minutes to Melbourne. ECNL is a better program so it makes sense to go slightly farther. Instead, why don’t you explain to me why you believe in a county of 600,000 people the only players good enough to play ECNL come from Titusville with a population of 45,000. I know I am trying to argue logic with someone who is illogical and for some reason just wants to believe his kid is superior, but trying anyhow...

Comment

You don’t get it. It is not that it is that much farther to travel to Orlando ECNL from south brevard than it is from Titusville (it is a little farther) it is that in central & south Brevard there are quality local options, meaning 10-20 minutes travel to practice instead 1hr to 1hr15min to Orlando. In Titusville there is no local option. It is 40m to 1hr to Orlando vs 30 to 45 minutes to Melbourne. ECNL is a better program so it makes sense to go slightly farther. Instead, why don’t you explain to me why you believe in a county of 600,000 people the only players good enough to play ECNL come from Titusville with a population of 45,000. I know I am trying to argue logic with someone who is illogical and for some reason just wants to believe his kid is superior, but trying anyhow...
              My kid dosent even play ecnl, but your logic is flawed. If the kids in south Brevard wanted to play ecnl they would. They also have palm beach as an ecnl option.

Comment

My kid dosent even play ecnl, but your logic is flawed. If the kids in south Brevard wanted to play ecnl they would. They also have palm beach as an ecnl option.
                Exactly!!! "If the kids in south Brevard wanted to play ECNL they would" 100% correct. It is because they choose not too (for good reasons), not because they are not talented enough. But please do tell me which part of my logic is flawed. I believe my argument is pretty solid and if you can point out a flaw in it I will acknowledge it. Honestly I am still struggling with the concept that more talent comes out of a 45,000 population bases than out of 555,000 population base.

Comment

Exactly!!! "If the kids in south Brevard wanted to play ECNL they would" 100% correct. It is because they choose not too (for good reasons), not because they are not talented enough. But please do tell me which part of my logic is flawed. I believe my argument is pretty solid and if you can point out a flaw in it I will acknowledge it. Honestly I am still struggling with the concept that more talent comes out of a 45,000 population bases than out of 555,000 population base.
                  your logic will show next year when Space Coast does have ECNL and they lose to Armada and Miramar.

Comment

Boy you are dumb, Meaning 14 with talent. As in depth. And you question my intellect? Look in the mirror **** tard

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2612529]your logic will show next year when Space Coast does have ECNL and they lose to Armada and Miramar.[/QUOTE

That has nothing to do with my logic. Of course SCU ECNL will lose to Miramar & Armada. That actually fits with what I tried to explain to you about relative population sizes. jacksonville, Orlando, and south Florida markets are far bigger than Brevard county. In particular the older teams will initially be weak as it will be more difficult at the older ages to get all of the best Brevard talent to jump from their existing teams to aggragate on the ECNL teams. With ECNL it will be much easier at the younger ages for Space Coast to unify the majority of Brevard talent and build under one team. (by younger I mean U13 &14). If we can get most of The best younger Brevard talent onto one team we will eventually have some success in ECNL. It will still be hard to compete with ECNL teams pulling from larger population bases, but that does not mean it won’t be good for Brevard or the kids. To give you an idea of the relative numbers, Orlando MSA with a population of 2.5 million has two ECNL clubs, or one per 1.25 million. Orlando also will continue to pull a few players from Lakeland, Daytona, and Ocala (the same way a few Titusville players now goes to Orlando). Brevard of course will have one ECNL club per 600,000, or roughly 50% of the Orlando ratio. There are other factors that will tend to favor Brevard capture rate (like Orlando DA option), but that is the basic math. So once again explain to me how the fact Brevard will be near the bottom of ECNL proves our only ECNL caliber players live in really small Titusville.

Comment

Blubbering fool! The majority of Brevard kids aren’t anywhere near ECNL quality. The ones who are good enough are probably going next year anyway at space coast, which will most likely fail. If the other Brevard kids are so brilliant, then why aren’t they succeeding at NPL? Last year they only had 1 team make it to ENPL playoffs, please tell me how they are just as good.

Comment

Blubbering fool! The majority of Brevard kids aren’t anywhere near ECNL quality. The ones who are good enough are probably going next year anyway at space coast, which will most likely fail. If the other Brevard kids are so brilliant, then why aren’t they succeeding at NPL? Last year they only had 1 team make it to ENPL playoffs, please tell me how they are just as good.
                          Ohh boy. What didn’t you understand about ECNL potential to unify Brevards best players under one team. Of course SCU can’t compete at ECNL level with just the players they have now. I don’t give a rats ass about SCU. I don’t even particlarly like them. My kid doesn’t play there and at his age he is not likely to make a chnage to join ECNL unless his team breaks up. His team is much better than the SCU NPL team at his age (NPL over all is pretty weak). I just think ECNL will be best chance of finally getting a true Brevard United team. It most likely will be to late for my kid, but I still think it wil be good for Brevard youth soccer. All of Brevards players on one team absolutley can be competitive as an ECNL team, but only if they all go.

Comment

Ohh boy. What didn’t you understand about ECNL potential to unify Brevards best players under one team. Of course SCU can’t compete at ECNL level with just the players they have now. I don’t give a rats ass about SCU. I don’t even particlarly like them. My kid doesn’t play there and at his age he is not likely to make a chnage to join ECNL unless his team breaks up. His team is much better than the SCU NPL team at his age (NPL over all is pretty weak). I just think ECNL will be best chance of finally getting a true Brevard United team. It most likely will be to late for my kid, but I still think it wil be good for Brevard youth soccer. All of Brevards players on one team absolutley can be competitive as an ECNL team, but only if they all go.
                            So what you are saying is none of your sons team is going to head over to SCU to be part of a superior program. And the program is superior just like DA is superior to ECNL. Not that I think all DA Teams and Players are better than ECNL Players and not all ECNL players are better than NPL players. There are different levels of players in each league and Teams. The object of SCU getting ECNL should be to field the best team in every age group.

Do you think SCU will be a big enough draw from the Titusville area? Or will they still head to Orlando?

Comment

So what you are saying is none of your sons team is going to head over to SCU to be part of a superior program. And the program is superior just like DA is superior to ECNL. Not that I think all DA Teams and Players are better than ECNL Players and not all ECNL players are better than NPL players. There are different levels of players in each league and Teams. The object of SCU getting ECNL should be to field the best team in every age group.

Do you think SCU will be a big enough draw from the Titusville area? Or will they still head to Orlando?
                              There are literally only 5 players from Titusville who go to Orlando. They just happen to be good enough to play ECNL. 3 of them are from the same family and the other two have played over there for a long time.

Comment

No, I did not say none of my son’s team will leave for SCU ECNL. I said my son would not leave his team unless it broke up (due to players leaving for ECNL). I don’t know if some of his team mates will leave or not. The core of the team has been together for a number of years. For some of the players I think it might depend on how well they do in state cup this year. In some respects it would be good for my kid because he would then go down to his correct age team and not have to worry about what he does senior year when half his team has graduated HS. I know he would prefer his team to stay together. He likes his team and coach and he plays primarily for enjoyment. Good question about Titusville players. I doubt the kids already playing on Orlando ECNL teams would leave for a new and likely weaker new ECNL team. Future younger players could go either way just as they do now, only with a better local option available. As I said I think SCU ECNL will build mostly from the younger years up in terms of best opportunity to draw Brevards best players. Just my guess, no way of knowing for sure until try-outs next year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X