Nescacs Style of Play

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Get ready for the melt down. 15 pages of anti btdt drool. Getting my popcorn now.

Comment

D3 parents have “Napoleon Syndrome.” They are pissed off that they come up short in the status race and have to take on the world to prove they and their kids are worthy.

Comment

You send your kid to a NESCAC to play soccer after you’ve spent a small fortune on club soccer only to find no one wanted them. Then you can pound your chest about important academics is and fritter around worrying about the style of play in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You send your kid to a NESCAC to play soccer after you’ve spent a small fortune on club soccer only to find no one wanted them. Then you can pound your chest about important academics is and fritter around worrying about the style of play in the conference.
          You send your kid to a low level D1 school to pick up cones for the scholarship players and play 10 minutes a year. Then you can pound your chest about how you raised a D1 athlete, when the truth of the matter is she would not have played at a top D3 and you still ended up paying the full boat in tuition. (Oh, right... she got some meal money for the 3 trips she made over the 4 year period)

Comment

You send your kid to a low level D1 school to pick up cones for the scholarship players and play 10 minutes a year. Then you can pound your chest about how you raised a D1 athlete, when the truth of the matter is she would not have played at a top D3 and you still ended up paying the full boat in tuition. (Oh, right... she got some meal money for the 3 trips she made over the 4 year period)
            Oh, and you ALSO spent a fortune on club soccer. But you needn't worry about the style of play for your D1 bench-sitter's conference, because she's never getting on the field anyways. The only thing that matters is whether her program is a use-lots-of-cones program or a very-rarely-use-cones program, because that will determine whether she gets a sore back or not.

Comment

I’m with the earlier poster, lots of insecure parents here. Wow.

Comment

Looks like it's time for BTNT to re-enter rehab again. Another wild stream of ranting about D3 and ugly insults. Class guy. And everyone knows who he is. Wonder how his wife coped as long as she did.

Comment

Looks like it's time for BTNT to re-enter rehab again. Another wild stream of ranting about D3 and ugly insults. Class guy. And everyone knows who he is. Wonder how his wife coped as long as she did.
                  I personally think you all are insecure. The D3 and D1 sycophants. I kind Hope my kid plays D2... and keep clear of you all.

Comment

How does the upper half of NESCAC soccer compare to lower half of Patriot League soccer? Is the level about the same or is D1 pretty much higher except for maybe the very best D3s?

Comment

Watch a game and see for yourself.Not that hard.

Comment

How does the upper half of NESCAC soccer compare to lower half of Patriot League soccer? Is the level about the same or is D1 pretty much higher except for maybe the very best D3s?
                        The top 4 nescacs are near the top of d3

Comment

The top 4 nescacs are near the top of d3
                          Well played.

In my opinion, there are probably a half dozen starters on the top D3's that could play meaningful roles on most of the PL teams. However, if the teams were to play eachother, the weakness of the next 7-8 players on those top D3 teams would be pretty apparent when compared to the PL players. That's where the difference would really show up, because the bulk of the D3 players can't play at a D1 speed. They lack either the athleticism or skill to keep up, and they would be overwhelmed by kids that are accustomed to the higher level game. I see this during the summer when my D plays on a mixed team of college players; the game gets much slower and more deliberate when there are lots of D3 players on the field at once.

Comment

Well played.

In my opinion, there are probably a half dozen starters on the top D3's that could play meaningful roles on most of the PL teams. However, if the teams were to play eachother, the weakness of the next 7-8 players on those top D3 teams would be pretty apparent when compared to the PL players. That's where the difference would really show up, because the bulk of the D3 players can't play at a D1 speed. They lack either the athleticism or skill to keep up, and they would be overwhelmed by kids that are accustomed to the higher level game. I see this during the summer when my D plays on a mixed team of college players; the game gets much slower and more deliberate when there are lots of D3 players on the field at once.
                            Someone.is going to find a way to object with this post, but its 100% accurate. Top D3 players could absolutely play D1 but D1 teams are just that much deeper. D3 stars get shut down and D3 vulnerabilities get exploited

Comment

Nothing is wrong with Merrimack. It’s the same reason that D2 schools and state schools are always mocked here. There is a very small percentage of (Likely wealthy) elitist parents here whose kids are all A students, and they scoff at the notion that some kids who might be D1 soccer material just are not IVY or NESCAC material and also might need athletic money to make it viable, so they have to lower their target to ensure admittance and aid. It’s a complex algorithm for MOST families to figure out. But by the amounts of these elitist posts on TS you would think 95% of the kids in New England were rich, A students that can all go Ivy or NESCAC without a dime of aid. All BS.
                              Merrimack D1 soccer? Not even close. In Name only, coach does not know how to select players. Game has passed him by, he recruits based on what was important years ago.

Comment

Someone.is going to find a way to object with this post, but its 100% accurate. Top D3 players could absolutely play D1 but D1 teams are just that much deeper. D3 stars get shut down and D3 vulnerabilities get exploited
                                It's the difference between playing one touch or needing to play two touch. It's the difference between playing a pass to the proper foot or forcing the recipient to stop or lunge for the ball. It's the difference between playing the ball back to a fellow defender or the keeper under pressure vs. kicking the ball out of play and conceding a throw in.

They are not huge differences, but they add up. They are the same types of differences one sees between the top clubs and a level or two down.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X