Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just heard from some of the parents who are leaving for Barca.

Two of the players have a cousin playing for Barca but it was not the cousin who approached our players. Their first contact was through unsolicited letters from Barca inviting them to come down to private tryouts. I'm assuming that Barca got the kids names through the cousin, but it was Barca itself who made contact with the letter asking them to come down.

That's pretty much open and shut poaching.
I'm sorry but im not believing that
Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

seriously. stop with the BS. get over it. accept it. Barca is real and they are not poaching.

and also, trump is the president.
Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
seriously. stop with the BS. get over it. accept it. Barca is real and they are not poaching.

and also, trump is the president.
When is barca having another bring a friend or two day?
Old 10-06-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm sorry but im not believing that
Not only is it not credible, that isn't open and shut poaching to me. Family at Barca says "we have two cousins that might want to play" and Barca contacts them to try out? Meh. Plus the supposed cousins could have contacted Barca first because they heard good things about it. To me poaching is going to watch other teams play, tracking down names and phone numbers of players they like and making them offers they can't refuse (scholarships). Nor would Barca be the first and only club to supposedly poach - clubs do it all the time, often in direct violation of league rules.

Face it, if families were happy where they are they'd stay put. If you're losing a lot of players you better figure out why and fast before you're left with half a team.
Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Not only is it not credible, that isn't open and shut poaching to me. Family at Barca says "we have two cousins that might want to play" and Barca contacts them to try out? Meh. Plus the supposed cousins could have contacted Barca first because they heard good things about it. To me poaching is going to watch other teams play, tracking down names and phone numbers of players they like and making them offers they can't refuse (scholarships). Nor would Barca be the first and only club to supposedly poach - clubs do it all the time, often in direct violation of league rules.

Face it, if families were happy where they are they'd stay put. If you're losing a lot of players you better figure out why and fast before you're left with half a team.
Parents should be honored to have Barca contact them about their kids. Only a select group of talented kids can be part of the program. The results this weekend at the Northport, Brooklyn Italians and EDP tournaments do not lie. Trophies and medals all around for the top program in the region.
Old 10-09-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Parents should be honored to have Barca contact them about their kids. Only a select group of talented kids can be part of the program. The results this weekend at the Northport, Brooklyn Italians and EDP tournaments do not lie. Trophies and medals all around for the top program in the region.
Hahaha, that made me laugh on this rainy Monday!
Old 10-13-2017
Unregistered

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!! New Flyers made to put on every car all over the 5 boroughs to "poach" all these young players over to Barca........... YES IM BEING SARCASTIC !!
Our teams are doing well and the kids are having fun. Lets keep everything into prospective folks!
Old 10-14-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
You seem to be new to the scene, so let me give you a tip -- do not go on a message board and brag about teams that win a couple of tournament flights that are worth 318 or 182 points.

It means you beat low-level town teams that are likely coached by dads. There's nothing wrong with low-level town teams that are coached by dads, but they don't usually do much bragging.
Old 10-15-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
You seem to be new to the scene, so let me give you a tip -- do not go on a message board and brag about teams that win a couple of tournament flights that are worth 318 or 182 points.

It means you beat low-level town teams that are likely coached by dads. There's nothing wrong with low-level town teams that are coached by dads, but they don't usually do much bragging.
Sorry but your jealousy is seeping through the screen. You can always tryout again during the winter.
Old 10-16-2017
Unregistered

The DA rules today very much favor clubs and not players. There is so little opportunity for players to "look" at other clubs without getting black-listed for doing so. Really wish there was an absolute open season for players to tryout for new clubs. Would hold clubs to a higher standard level to be sure they can retain their players...good training facilities, quality coaches, quality players, good solid comprehensive curriculum...the right location. Right now, players are kindof stuck if things arent up to standard at their club, or they just don't click with the coach. Also, there should be a more standardized tryout and signing period. A lot like USYS has always done as state organizations set dates. Right now some DA clubs hold tryouts even before the end of the year DA tournaments. Like what player would commit to a new club when they haven't even played in the end of the year showcase or tournament. And likely, if they did stick it out, I'm sure most coaches without character would try to bench those players at the end of the year tournament....get the drift....allow more freedom for the benefit of the players. If you read the DA rules, it even requires current coaches to be part of the decision for players to move to another club...hmm, like that would be a good thing.