Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Default Barca Poaching

I've defended Barca against various baseless attacks for a while now (yes, they are really owned by the real Barca).

However, I'm starting to have a real problem with them continuing to actively recruit players during the playing season. My club has seen 4 players be recruited by Barca in the last two weeks and that is wrong. Once the season starts clubs are supposed to be hands off on other clubs players.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

could have been the kids tried out and were undecided? and now are seeing the success and flocking over?
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

What's the difference between "poaching" and having "open tryouts" mid-season? I see SUSA is having tryouts for the Fall season
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

doesnt sound like they're physically going and stalking the teams...
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
could have been the kids tried out and were undecided? and now are seeing the success and flocking over?
What success? They've played 2 games, with most teams winning 1 and losing or tying the other.
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

what age group?
Old 10-04-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
what age group?
Despicable
Old 10-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What's the difference between "poaching" and having "open tryouts" mid-season? I see SUSA is having tryouts for the Fall season
An important distinction that needs clarification (along with the other post questioning if there are players who had previously tried out). Barca has its hands full so for now, this early, it's doubtful they're actively going after players. If it is allowed under league rules then they can add players whenever they want. Clubs do poach, but also parents actively seek out clubs as well.

If anyone is to blame, blame the parents who think it's ok to bail from one team just a few weeks in. If you're unhappy with a club that's fine - plenty of them or bad and certainly some just aren't a good fit for certain kids. But wait until the fall season is over to jump ship. It isn't fair to the others on the team, teaches your kid a poor lesson about quitting, and you'll still owe the club money for the fall regardless (if you haven't paid already).
Old 10-05-2017
Unregistered

I'm a Barca parent and from what I see Barca doesn't have the man power to poach. All the Barca trainers are from Spain and barely speak English. Its absolutely the parents who aren't happy at other teams coming over and getting invited from Barca Parents. Barca didn't really advertise the try-outs and they were late to even have them. My son also plays for his town team and a lot of the parents on his town team ask me about try outs for Barca and said this was the first they even heard of Barca having any teams.
Old 10-05-2017
Unregistered

Just heard from some of the parents who are leaving for Barca.

Two of the players have a cousin playing for Barca but it was not the cousin who approached our players. Their first contact was through unsolicited letters from Barca inviting them to come down to private tryouts. I'm assuming that Barca got the kids names through the cousin, but it was Barca itself who made contact with the letter asking them to come down.

That's pretty much open and shut poaching.