Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Barca is providing the training/coaching staff and the training methodology. That is a critical component to running a soccer organization!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Barca is providing the training/coaching staff and the training methodology. That is a critical component to running a soccer organization!
At considerable premium. That's an amazing royalty deal for them with little risk
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Just give it some time, let’s see what the retention rate for the COACHES will be. Everything starts with the best intentions but in the end it’s still a business. Coaches need to housed and paid, it’s not cheap and we know that Prospect Sports is on the hook for it.

Another thing to consider is if Long Island a final destination for these Spanish Coaches or is it a resume builder in their coaching career until their visas expire? For the ones that stay long term, how long until they figure out they can make more money not working for Prospect Sports?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The Red Bull’s provide training to dozens of low-division town teams.

Barca parents should expect a constantly shifting group of trainers who stay until their visas run out and are replaced by another young coach who stays until their visa runs out. There’s really no other way it can happen if they’re intent on bringing in Spanish coaches.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The Red Bull’s provide training to dozens of low-division town teams.

Barca parents should expect a constantly shifting group of trainers who stay until their visas run out and are replaced by another young coach who stays until their visa runs out. There’s really no other way it can happen if they’re intent on bringing in Spanish coaches.
Visa’a are up to 6 years and can be renewed. I would not worry. You know you have a good thing when the competition comes on a message board with hypotheticals of what can go wrong.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Yeah cause nothing is going wrong.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
At considerable premium. That's an amazing royalty deal for them with little risk
one of the perks of being a multi - billion dollar brand i guess. there is no team without the the barca name. seems quite reasonable
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Visa’a are up to 6 years and can be renewed. I would not worry. You know you have a good thing when the competition comes on a message board with hypotheticals of what can go wrong.
First of all, the visas of which you speak (H1B) are for 3 years, with the ability to renew for 3 years. They have also become nearly impossible to get and only getting harder with our current administration, even from Spain. They also generally require a bachelor's degree or higher, which I'm guessing most Spanish soccer coaches do not have. 70% of these 65,000 annual visas go to highly skilled IT workers from India.

The Visas these coaches are more likely to be getting are non-immigrant, non-agricultural worker visas, which are considered seasonal and generally last at most a year.

And that's assuming that, unlike other organizations that have brought in foreign coaches, these guys aren't here on tourist visas and working illegally. And even then, those Visas of only 6 months.

Of course, unlike you, I'm just guessing about these things off the top of my head.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
First of all, the visas of which you speak (H1B) are for 3 years, with the ability to renew for 3 years. They have also become nearly impossible to get and only getting harder with our current administration, even from Spain. They also generally require a bachelor's degree or higher, which I'm guessing most Spanish soccer coaches do not have. 70% of these 65,000 annual visas go to highly skilled IT workers from India.

The Visas these coaches are more likely to be getting are non-immigrant, non-agricultural worker visas, which are considered seasonal and generally last at most a year.

And that's assuming that, unlike other organizations that have brought in foreign coaches, these guys aren't here on tourist visas and working illegally. And even then, those Visas of only 6 months.

Of course, unlike you, I'm just guessing about these things off the top of my head.
thank you for always looking out for other parents' kids on other clubs.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
thank you for always looking out for other parents' kids on other clubs.
You're very welcome. It would be a crappy world if people didn't use their experiences, both negative and positive, to try and help others. History repeats itself quite frequently, so it's nice to pass on gained wisdom.

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic, weren't you.