Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1091  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WC and now NYCFC, have both reaped the rewards of NYSC training, as both have rostered former players, like us. We did not leave because we thought we were special, we left because NYSC did not have ECNL, which was the top league at the time. As an example, there are 7 former NYSC players on the 01/02 NYCFC team, and that says a lot about both programs. I will always cheer for NYSC, except when we play them.

P.S. Its NOT a chore to get to WC Complex, you just need to need to know the secret route over the mountain.
I suppose it depends on where you are coming from. If you're in Ossining it is easy but if you're in say Rye it is considerably more difficult, whether you TPZ it or go up and over the mountain.
Reply With Quote
  #1092  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed as they don't make a lot in college and they all want to supplement their income - add in they get access to man city/surf curriculum and symposiums, get exposed and able to cherry pick nationwide surf players, get their players involved in semi-pro summer ball, and they get to network with other college coaches in surf nationwide.
You realize your last four points are all marketing material and not really happening....
Reply With Quote
  #1093  
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agreed as they don't make a lot in college and they all want to supplement their income - add in they get access to man city/surf curriculum and symposiums, get exposed and able to cherry pick nationwide surf players, get their players involved in semi-pro summer ball, and they get to network with other college coaches in surf nationwide.
Smart and it paying off for them as they all won their conferences and made the NCAA tourney - those soCal freshmen/sophs they recruited are the difference and are all conference!
Reply With Quote
  #1094  
Old 5 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...f-soccer-club/
Reply With Quote
  #1095  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So in other words Surf is focusing on its stronghold
Reply With Quote
  #1096  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So in other words Surf is focusing on its stronghold
They have over a dozen affiliates throughout the country now. Itís got a name, so to start in a new area with an investor can help gain kids, usually young kids, to start. None of the affiliates are in any great leagues or have a great program. Some are solid programs and some are not anything to speak of.
Reply With Quote
  #1097  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They have over a dozen affiliates throughout the country now. Itís got a name, so to start in a new area with an investor can help gain kids, usually young kids, to start. None of the affiliates are in any great leagues or have a great program. Some are solid programs and some are not anything to speak of.
^^^^
This.

Surf is a franchise/affiliate model that is spreading around the country. Contrary to what Larry says the NY Surf affiliate is nothing special or unique.
Reply With Quote
  #1098  
Old 4 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
^^^^
This.

Surf is a franchise/affiliate model that is spreading around the country. Contrary to what Larry says the NY Surf affiliate is nothing special or unique.
As proven by their performance in this area. JAC- Just Another Club
Reply With Quote
  #1099  
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
As proven by their performance in this area. JAC- Just Another Club
Yawn and who cares...same can be said for all of the clubs in this area except NYCFC
Reply With Quote
  #1100  
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yawn and who cares...same can be said for all of the clubs in this area except NYCFC
Much better clubs in this region bedsides Surf. They are mediocre at best. Surf will forever be tainted by Larry Miller
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.