Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #321  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My friends daughter plays for East Meadow and they travels all over the tri-state area to play. Is that EDP??
Possibly. League situation is out of hand and there are multiple leagues that play all over. It Could be EDP, ECNL, NYCSL..... Easiest thing is just ask. If you know the age group, you maybe can find the team in one of the league standings.
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The rumor mill has Albertson losing ECNL anyway.

They may be unhappy, as they are more of an afterthought as compared to Fury GDA. However, just as they are struggling in ECNL, they will struggle in GDA with the same rosters. Maybe they want to be treated better, but it isn't going to change their talent.

Also, I doubt everyone there wants GDA -- many are multi-sport athletes or play school sports and don't want the sacrifice of GDA.
Not trying to be insulting, but the majority of the Alby ECNL team(s) are only on the ECNL team because most of the top players from last year moved to GDA. This year's ECNL team has a lot of players from Alby NPL which was very, very weak. Not sure why they think moving to GDA would be a better situation.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not trying to be insulting, but the majority of the Alby ECNL team(s) are only on the ECNL team because most of the top players from last year moved to GDA. This year's ECNL team has a lot of players from Alby NPL which was very, very weak. Not sure why they think moving to GDA would be a better situation.
These high level teams need to contain and lower these out of control costs if they want to attract more players. There are only so many families out there able to pursue the top levels of pay to play soccer (and other sports). Either make it more accessible or continue to sort the same players among the increasing number of high level high travel high cost teams.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not trying to be insulting, but the majority of the Alby ECNL team(s) are only on the ECNL team because most of the top players from last year moved to GDA. This year's ECNL team has a lot of players from Alby NPL which was very, very weak. Not sure why they think moving to GDA would be a better situation.
Partial Fake news : )
Haven't heard anyone being unhappy with ECNL within Alby and looking to leave. That's just pot stirring.
So is the tired rumor of them losing ECNL. They won't, so time to get over it.
And all NPL players were not moved to ECNL. A handful yes, some ECNL players stayed, and you have new joiners.
GDA isn't for everyone as evidenced by some unhappy players not getting much playing time.
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Partial Fake news : )
Haven't heard anyone being unhappy with ECNL within Alby and looking to leave. That's just pot stirring.
So is the tired rumor of them losing ECNL. They won't, so time to get over it.
And all NPL players were not moved to ECNL. A handful yes, some ECNL players stayed, and you have new joiners.
GDA isn't for everyone as evidenced by some unhappy players not getting much playing time.
If you are a fringe player, why would you play GDA? We are seeing that kids are not happy and parents are even unhappier. This is not just a local issue, BtW. This is why ECNL will have much value moving forward. Plus, you have Catholic school players plus kids that want to play HS.
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are a fringe player, why would you play GDA? We are seeing that kids are not happy and parents are even unhappier. This is not just a local issue, BtW. This is why ECNL will have much value moving forward. Plus, you have Catholic school players plus kids that want to play HS.
If you are a fringe player, why are you paying to play at all ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.