Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violent foul causes player to be airlifted @Palm Bay tourney

Does anyone know how the player is doing that had to be airlifted out of the u14 girls championship game at the Palm Bay Challenge, after a violent foul?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know how the player is doing that had to be airlifted out of the u14 girls championship game at the Palm Bay Challenge, after a violent foul?

What on earth happened?

Comment

Update on Player

Good News from Challenge Sports:

“She appears to be fine and is on her way home from Arnold Palmer. All testing came back normal and they could not find a good reason to keep her. Hopefully the numbness she is experiencing in her neck is just from trauma and will subside. Nothing is damaged or broken!”

This was crazy...I got to the field as the helicopter was taking her away. From what I understand a different player was blatantly elbowed by a Hernando player in the face and had her lip swollen and teeth shifted and then the other girl got taken down by a Hernando Heat player who later bragged that she couldn't wait to let her friends know she was responsible for sending a player to the hospital. The girl went numb from the neck down and they didn't know if she was paralyzed. Reportedly there were no cards...then they resumed the game. Within 5 minutes a Hernando Heat player body checked another Tsunami girl so hard she went flying and she got yellow carded for that one.

Getting hurt due to playing is one thing but there is something wrong with a player who is happy to see a person airlifted.

Comment

Good News from Challenge Sports:

“She appears to be fine and is on her way home from Arnold Palmer. All testing came back normal and they could not find a good reason to keep her. Hopefully the numbness she is experiencing in her neck is just from trauma and will subside. Nothing is damaged or broken!”

This was crazy...I got to the field as the helicopter was taking her away. From what I understand a different player was blatantly elbowed by a Hernando player in the face and had her lip swollen and teeth shifted and then the other girl got taken down by a Hernando Heat player who later bragged that she couldn't wait to let her friends know she was responsible for sending a player to the hospital. The girl went numb from the neck down and they didn't know if she was paralyzed. Reportedly there were no cards...then they resumed the game. Within 5 minutes a Hernando Heat player body checked another Tsunami girl so hard she went flying and she got yellow carded for that one.

Getting hurt due to playing is one thing but there is something wrong with a player who is happy to see a person airlifted.
        We have a SERIOUS, SERIOUS problem with ref's in this area. (Probably in every area) but I live here. Seems like they are getting worse and definitely losing control of games quickly. I see it especially in the U9 thru U12 age groups. Something needs to be done.

Comment

Their job is to yellow card immediately on illegal play. That is the only way to stop it even if they have to issue many.

Comment

Any time a player is injured badly enough to go to the hospital it should warrant the Tournament Director to investigate exactly what happened. And a player that brags about something like that is probably either raised or coached to behave like that. Until clubs start holding the refs to better behavior themselves this will not stop. I hope the ref gets what they have coming too, and that the player continues to improve.

Comment

Wait till a LAW SUIT hits and it will eventually.
              The costs will go up dramatically for the all

Comment

Any time a player is injured badly enough to go to the hospital it should warrant the Tournament Director to investigate exactly what happened. And a player that brags about something like that is probably either raised or coached to behave like that. Until clubs start holding the refs to better behavior themselves this will not stop. I hope the ref gets what they have coming too, and that the player continues to improve.

I agree with the part about being raised or coached to behave this way. We also need to hold the coaches accountable if a team is known for this type of behavior. The coaches should be warned to keep their players in check or they too will be carded. Maybe then they will think twice about sending their players on the field with the intention of hurting someone. Coaches should take a player off the field when they act violently.

Comment

this does not suprise me, their u-18 g team is just as bad. I have seen their teams play, this can be a rough sport but hernando teams take it way to far and intentionally cause injuries.

Comment

Their job is to yellow card immediately on illegal play. That is the only way to stop it even if they have to issue many.
                    When you've been to your 3rd soccer game, be sure to let us all know. LMAO

Comment

The club has no authority over the refs. Think about it for 1.5 seconds. You will probably be able to figure it out. DUH

Comment

It is code, especially in MLB that when you disrespect somebody and/or the game you will get retaliation. I say let them fight, pull hair, bite and scream. They will learn sooner or later.

Comment

If a player went after another player on purpose to do damage, then that player should be banned either for an entire season or for good.

If a coach allows his or her team to play to hurt others, then they should also be banned.

Before anyone tells me it is part of the game, in fact it is against the law.

We are talking about youth soccer and this nonsense should not be tolerated.

and that is the real deal.

Comment

It is code, especially in MLB that when you disrespect somebody and/or the game you will get retaliation. I say let them fight, pull hair, bite and scream. They will learn sooner or later.
                            What are you trying to say? The kid was hurt intentionally as retaliation???
                            Were you there?
                            I have yet to even hear how the alleged foul was committed.
                            Was it a tackle from behind? push in the back? What happened?

Comment

The club has no authority over the refs. Think about it for 1.5 seconds. You will probably be able to figure it out. DUH
                              Whatever on that, but the club can at least make sure the "authorities" know that a particular ref is allowing things like that to go on. If records are kept, that ref will find work hard to find.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X