Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I do not think we know the reality behind slammers leaving regardless of what the DOC says. I agree they are one of the best clubs in the country, however I am skeptical that "the families wanted ECNL" being a reason they left or college exposure being better in ECNL vs. GDA. My daughter has played in both - the exposure is basically the same. Clubs like this do not ask families what they want. I guarantee if you ask the families/players they would say "our club made the decision and we are Ok with it". I believe it was a business decision (at the time the DOC was on the ECNL board of directors) not necessarily a soccer decision. If you look at the SOCAL Soccer forums they are debating if "DPL' which is GDA 2nd teams is a stronger league than ECNL from a local perspective. I do agree with sentiment that it does not really matter about other parts of the country. 75% of the games (that % is a guess) are the conference games so that is what is way more important.
    On NYCFC have real parents been told by an official club source that they are out? It would not surprise me, but I question if this is actually verified. The NY thread seems to quote another board as the source and speculate the person who runs the board is in the know, but to me that is not really official.
    LOL . Man, that debate in SoCal about DPL and ECNL ended a long time ago. ECNL teams in SoCal have consistently killed DPL teams in crossover events.

This year, GDA teams and ECNL were finally able to play each other in the Surf Cup and the Silverlakes Summer and Fall Showcases. ECNL teams got the better of GDA overall in the head to head matchups.

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu...r.aspx?eid=627
    https://admin.totalglobalsports.com/...r.aspx?eid=764

You GDA guys are killing me with your BS. Haha.

Comment

Carson is a dump. Hope he made it out alive. And stay off the CT boards you jerkweed!!!!
      F_ck off, and stay off...

Comment

LOL . Man, that debate in SoCal about DPL and ECNL ended a long time ago. ECNL teams in SoCal have consistently killed DPL teams in crossover events.

This year, GDA teams and ECNL were finally able to play each other in the Surf Cup and the Silverlakes Summer and Fall Showcases. ECNL teams got the better of GDA overall in the head to head matchups.

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/pu...r.aspx?eid=627
        https://admin.totalglobalsports.com/...r.aspx?eid=764

You GDA guys are killing me with your BS. Haha.
        My daughter is a better player because she chose Kaz and Fredy as coaches, they were GDA coaches, the WCFC training sucks ass...

Comment

I do not think we know the reality behind slammers leaving regardless of what the DOC says. I agree they are one of the best clubs in the country, however I am skeptical that "the families wanted ECNL" being a reason they left or college exposure being better in ECNL vs. GDA. My daughter has played in both - the exposure is basically the same. Clubs like this do not ask families what they want. I guarantee if you ask the families/players they would say "our club made the decision and we are Ok with it". I believe it was a business decision (at the time the DOC was on the ECNL board of directors) not necessarily a soccer decision. If you look at the SOCAL Soccer forums they are debating if "DPL' which is GDA 2nd teams is a stronger league than ECNL from a local perspective. I do agree with sentiment that it does not really matter about other parts of the country. 75% of the games (that % is a guess) are the conference games so that is what is way more important.
          On NYCFC have real parents been told by an official club source that they are out? It would not surprise me, but I question if this is actually verified. The NY thread seems to quote another board as the source and speculate the person who runs the board is in the know, but to me that is not really official.
          The lions share of a player's soccer development happens locally. I would never make decisions for a CT player based on the situation for California players.

Everyone suit themselves but u can't understand the benefit that would provide. If u start factoring in how players develop 3000 miles away, might as well look at Europe and try to copy that

Comment

The lions share of a player's soccer development happens locally. I would never make decisions for a CT player based on the situation for California players.

Everyone suit themselves but u can't understand the benefit that would provide. If u start factoring in how players develop 3000 miles away, might as well look at Europe and try to copy that
            Exactly, and Kaz and Fredy are NYCFC, and they are the best in the area....

Comment

Well put, we are with NYCFC 03 team, and NO the club has no officially said anything, but if you read between the lines its 90% that we are leaving to go ECNL....
              Consumers are typically the last to know. They do not want to start a panic and send kids off right now to find other clubs for next season. The club is trying to save face and retain paying customers but it will, as always, end up stranding people and leaving customers angry that they are left holding the bag with a crappy product and no decent place to play.

Comment

Oh, and to the jerk who will say that they are WCFC coaches too, NO, they followed different training protocols to remain the GDA, much more intense than that sloppy old ECNL style, which is glorified H.S. soccer....

Comment

Too far for many ct players but if you can reach Orangeburg and have the money, sounds good.

Comment

My daughter is a better player because she chose Kaz and Fredy as coaches, they were GDA coaches, the WCFC training sucks ass...
                    Thanks CT NYCFC guy .... why dont you just move to Manhattan .... your kid is a superstar ... we know already!!! One year in GDA and she went from Cinderella to princess ... GOT IT! Cripes, give your kid some credit if she actually is good, you bloated windbag. Oh yeah .... GDA is dead ... ha ha.

Comment

Consumers are typically the last to know. They do not want to start a panic and send kids off right now to find other clubs for next season. The club is trying to save face and retain paying customers but it will, as always, end up stranding people and leaving customers angry that they are left holding the bag with a crappy product and no decent place to play.
                      If you are a savvy-soccer parent, you will follow the best coaches. If Kaz and Fredy go back to ECNL then we will follow them, and be part of a very good 03 ECNL team.

Comment

Thanks CT NYCFC guy .... why dont you just move to Manhattan .... your kid is a superstar ... we know already!!! One year in GDA and she went from Cinderella to princess ... GOT IT! Cripes, give your kid some credit if she actually is good, you bloated windbag. Oh yeah .... GDA is dead ... ha ha.
                        My daughter is an 03, that guy has an 04 daughter, so you mistake me for him, every ****ing time, but thats okay, you are from CT so I will give me a mercy pass...

Comment

By teen ages everyone has been around the block with youth soccer. Either your player or a player you know has been conned somewhere along the way. Folks are on the lookout and will find a situation to suit their 0layers, however imperfect it always it.

Comment

By teen ages everyone has been around the block with youth soccer. Either your player or a player you know has been conned somewhere along the way. Folks are on the lookout and will find a situation to suit their 0layers, however imperfect it always it.
                            come on man, give me something remotely original, I can't use that sorry-azz crap...

Comment

Oh, and to the jerk who will say that they are WCFC coaches too, NO, they followed different training protocols to remain the GDA, much more intense than that sloppy old ECNL style, which is glorified H.S. soccer....
                              Yes, TOTALLY different protocols .... no technical or tactical drills .... square soccer balls, triangular goals, oval-shapped fields all different .... the NPL coaches of 2 years ago with no additional training finally get it because they read the USSF coaching brochure the night before GDA started .... its revolutionary!!!! Have 3 or 4 practices per week, write down your practice schedule walking from your car to the field, video the games and never have video sessions, charge more money for fees and travel ....... who'd of thunk it!! Like all of the kids, the coaches are now the best in the world .... wooo hoooo ... GDA is so amazing that they will be t|ts up next fall!

Comment

come on man, give me something remotely original, I can't use that sorry-azz crap...
                                Run track.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X