Top Drawer Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

benefit meaning what? of course there is benefit from a research and information PoV. is it the bible? no.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So in other words you got your kid rated, not TDS. I think that's the point. Their ratings are a joke.
      I think what you are trying to say is that I got my kid discovered by them. And yes, that's true. It is impossible for them to know of every kid out there. But no I didn't get him rated. Merely submitting factual information is not "getting him rated". Submitting team does not equal getting three stars.

Comment

So in other words you got your kid rated, not TDS. I think that's the point. Their ratings are a joke.
        their ratings are not a joke. they reflect their best guess based on the information they have. they are good people ding the best they can. problem is people are never going to be happy with rankings unless they reflect their opinion.

Comment

Kids that are ranked have typically paid their money and attended a TDS event/showcase/clinic or are well-connected!
          nonsense. like almost everything in this youth soccer game, people get fixated on the average players. what top player do you know, and by that I mean a Top 25 D1 starter, attended a TDS event or paid to get rated?

Perhaps that a player does what you suggest and moves from unranked to 3 stars or number 145 .

what difference does that really make. Do you think that TDS has the top 50 players totally wrong? forget where they are ranked, but the names. are there 50 others better? or are there 10 or so at the margin who you could take out and replace.

Comment

nonsense. like almost everything in this youth soccer game, people get fixated on the average players. what top player do you know, and by that I mean a Top 25 D1 starter, attended a TDS event or paid to get rated?

Perhaps that a player does what you suggest and moves from unranked to 3 stars or number 145 .

what difference does that really make. Do you think that TDS has the top 50 players totally wrong? forget where they are ranked, but the names. are there 50 others better? or are there 10 or so at the margin who you could take out and replace.
            Have they looked at all 50,000 players? Then, yeah, i bet a bunch of the real top 50 are not on that list. You pay your money, you get looked at and you get a ranking ... for those that do not register or pay, you don't get ranked .... sounds like a great system.

Comment

I think what you are trying to say is that I got my kid discovered by them. And yes, that's true. It is impossible for them to know of every kid out there. But no I didn't get him rated. Merely submitting factual information is not "getting him rated". Submitting team does not equal getting three stars.
              Very easy to figure out who you/your kid is based on the specifics that you provided. I don’t care at all to look, but others might. Not smart to bring your kid up on here and/or brag about him, it doesn’t typically end well...

Comment

Have they looked at all 50,000 players? Then, yeah, i bet a bunch of the real top 50 are not on that list. You pay your money, you get looked at and you get a ranking ... for those that do not register or pay, you don't get ranked .... sounds like a great system.
                I'm not the poster you are replying to, but man, you have no understanding of high level soccer. The key thing to remember is *talent rises to the top*. Now, there are different ways to get to the top, but kids who are the best of the best -- the ones who have potential to go pro? There are not hundreds of them out there toiling in obscurity.

Coaches want to win! They will take/play kids that help them win. Especially college coaches.

Comment

Does anyone know who the Top Drawer Soccer Evaluators (people who rank players on their site) are? Who are they connected with?

Comment

I'm not the poster you are replying to, but man, you have no understanding of high level soccer. The key thing to remember is *talent rises to the top*. Now, there are different ways to get to the top, but kids who are the best of the best -- the ones who have potential to go pro? There are not hundreds of them out there toiling in obscurity.

Coaches want to win! They will take/play kids that help them win. Especially college coaches.
                    In other countries, it mostly does, but in our pay-to-play world, it really doesn't mostly. Most parents would opt for convenience ..... look at the Revs .... a free academy and they stink! Does it really? There are plenty of non MLS academies, heck, plenty of non DA teams that will pound them. So, does the talent always rise to the top? No! The player rankings are often taken from what these rags consider top leagues, top clubs, top teams, but TDS has never heard of, let alone seen 99.9% of the players in America. You don't think there are kids in TX or Southern Cal that could walk onto scores of DA teams today and have never played premier soccer before because they couldnt afford it? You think like TDS, USSF and many other Americans in that they truly believe the best we have made its way onto the 75 DA teams across the country. If this is the best we have, then, in soccer, we absolutely suck as a nation and our system is pathetic ... lower than pathetic when you think how much money is at their disposal.

Comment

Does anyone know who the Top Drawer Soccer Evaluators (people who rank players on their site) are? Who are they connected with?
                      Why? Do you want to bribe them?

Comment

Why? Do you want to bribe them?
                        Moe, Larry and Curley don’t take bribes

Comment

a bunch. so that "bunch" are also undiscovered by colleges, Youth national teams and clubs then . makes me laugh how lists get so people worked up.

Comment

a bunch. so that "bunch" are also undiscovered by colleges, Youth national teams and clubs then . makes me laugh how lists get so people worked up.
                            A bunch that are on high-ranked teams .... most likely have never even seen them play, but they scored a lot of goals on an MLS academy team so they have to be 4 stars. How do centerbacks get to be 4 stars in the TDS world? Please stop it and let me know how many they have actually seen more than once and how they came to their determination. Kind of hard to evaluate the masses when you have only seen ten or so play.

Comment

is anyone here not arguing that the site is pretty much a joke? My kid is ranked on there. We've never paid a dime to any subscription soccer site. She became "ranked" after one of the events that she played in last year as did a few of her club teammates. The reporter from TDS watched a game they played against a highly ranked team. He also wrote an article about it but we never read it because.......wait for it.....it cost $$$

Everyone is after your money in youth soccer. I followed New England Soccer Journal on twitter. Decent content that was probably a bit prep school and DA biased but good coverage. But it was a bait and switch as they then wanted a monthly fee . No thanks!

Comment

A bunch that are on high-ranked teams .... most likely have never even seen them play, but they scored a lot of goals on an MLS academy team so they have to be 4 stars. How do centerbacks get to be 4 stars in the TDS world? Please stop it and let me know how many they have actually seen more than once and how they came to their determination. Kind of hard to evaluate the masses when you have only seen ten or so play.
                                think you need to separate BOYS and GIRLS. stop what? its a PAID service. you are a consumer. Dont buy it. But the people producing it are not stupid. they get most of the universe of players correct.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X