Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should you bother going if you are really interested in a program but the coach has shown minimal interest? Is it a long shot to go to the ID camp to try and make an impression? Or is it a waste of time and money because they are only focus on the kids on their list at the camps? Would this be considered a case of over shooting your target list?
    It probably won't work out but never say never. If it's a SCHOOL they REALLY want and $ and time aren't an issue* then I'm a big believer in having no regrets in life. If you don't do it would you keep wondering "what if?" You only make the shots you take.

*during the summer many of them overlap and you might have to prioritize

Comment

You never know. My son (but think this would be true for girls) attended Dartmouth's camp last summer. A Nescac coach coached his team for the camp. After the camp that coach reached out to say he was putting my son in their player pool.

I realize this isn't a big deal, but my son had just finished 9th grade, so this is super early on the boys side. So, cant hurt. Reach out ahead of the camp so the coach knows to be looking for the player.

I will say, the level of play at all 3 camps my son attended was pretty low. I was surprised.

Comment

You never know. My son (but think this would be true for girls) attended Dartmouth's camp last summer. A Nescac coach coached his team for the camp. After the camp that coach reached out to say he was putting my son in their player pool.

I realize this isn't a big deal, but my son had just finished 9th grade, so this is super early on the boys side. So, cant hurt. Reach out ahead of the camp so the coach knows to be looking for the player.

I will say, the level of play at all 3 camps my son attended was pretty low. I was surprised.
        Because he wasn't trying out for more challenging programs. There's plenty of college ball that's barely a step above high school boot ball.

Comment

Because he wasn't trying out for more challenging programs. There's plenty of college ball that's barely a step above high school boot ball.
          Sigh. Do we really have to go there?

Who is your player? They must be an all American, or at least ranked in the top 150 in the country. If so, good for you! Personally I would be pretty thrilled if my son played soccer at Dartmouth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X