Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Define a legit good team? Making the tournament getting a win in the tournament?
    Just a question how did Weymouth do this year against Braintree?
    I think Braintree beat them once. why do you think the Weymouth kids will develop at a fast rate? Just because they play for these clubs doesn't mean they will get better.
    Weymouth is returning 3 league all stars as Juniors, returning 8 Starters, 16 total players in which many were sophomores and juniors this year carrying a weak senior class which was lead by a D1 Prospect tearing his ACL before the season. So I would expect this Weymouth team that took Wellesley to OT with such a young team this year and they will be much improved next season. As for a legit team I think they will be a Co-Favorite in D1 South with Needham next year and a top team in eastern mass. Only issue could be in goal next year.

As for Braintree they were a young team this year, sure, but they won 1 game all year long. Lose their top players who amazingly totaled 2pts this past season in the stat categories. They scored fewer goals this year than what Weymouth returns in its roster next year....they lose 5 starters including a keeper who was actually pretty decent this year. Their underclassmen got plenty of time but showed very little in terms of offensive capabilities in any fashion.

Regardless this season is over for both those teams and all bay state league teams besides Wellesley and Walpole. I expect Wellesley to win the South and have a legit chance to win the State Title this year. They are very good and well coached and will do things against Silver Lake that they haven’t seen before. They’re off ball movement and overloads are far beyond what most high level clubs and D3 colleges can produce. It’s very impressive watching them play and they are on a rear.

Comment

Weymouth is returning 3 league all stars as Juniors, returning 8 Starters, 16 total players in which many were sophomores and juniors this year carrying a weak senior class which was lead by a D1 Prospect tearing his ACL before the season. So I would expect this Weymouth team that took Wellesley to OT with such a young team this year and they will be much improved next season. As for a legit team I think they will be a Co-Favorite in D1 South with Needham next year and a top team in eastern mass. Only issue could be in goal next year.

As for Braintree they were a young team this year, sure, but they won 1 game all year long. Lose their top players who amazingly totaled 2pts this past season in the stat categories. They scored fewer goals this year than what Weymouth returns in its roster next year....they lose 5 starters including a keeper who was actually pretty decent this year. Their underclassmen got plenty of time but showed very little in terms of offensive capabilities in any fashion.

Regardless this season is over for both those teams and all bay state league teams besides Wellesley and Walpole. I expect Wellesley to win the South and have a legit chance to win the State Title this year. They are very good and well coached and will do things against Silver Lake that they haven’t seen before. They’re off ball movement and overloads are far beyond what most high level clubs and D3 colleges can produce. It’s very impressive watching them play and they are on a rear.
      A little Weymouth biased I guess.

Comment

talking soccer

Originally posted by AlexFilides View Post
        So far, it appears Dual County is the #1 league in Eastern Mass. It's up for debate however, considering the Bay State teams were knocking each other out, but early. A-B's run, L-S in the north finals and beating Newton North, Concord Carlisle dominate and Wayland in D-3, although it doesn't carry as much weight as a D-1 or D-2 run. And Newton South, a team that missed out, were playing some of the top teams in the Bay State fairly competitively.

Middlesex a bit of a disappointment.

DIDN'T Brookline BEAT NN

Comment

DIDN'T Brookline BEAT NN
          Yeah, and LS beat Brookline on pks.

Comment

BCH 1-1 Brockton in second half

Comment

They’re off ball movement and overloads are far beyond what most high level clubs and D3 colleges can produce. It’s very impressive watching them play and they are on a rear.
              Any video out there of Wellesley? I'd sure like to see this.

Comment

Any video out there of Wellesley? I'd sure like to see this.
                I get it, your Weymouth team played a team tough and lost, so if the team you played is super good, you are only less than super good slightly.

Congrats.

Comment

Pentucket vs Lynnfield 3pm
                  Seekonk vs Holliston 3:30pm
                  Norwell vs Norton 5pm
                  Burke vs St. Mary's 5:15pm
                  New Mission vs Mystic Valley 6:30pm
                  Brockton vs BC High 7pm
                  BC High 2 Brockton 1 (OT)

Comment

Norton over Norwell 3-1. If any game was going to go into OT, I was almost sure this would've been the game.

St. Mary's over Burke 1-0.

I would tell you Mystic Valley defeated New Mission, but nobody probably cares.

Comment

Yeah, and LS beat Brookline on pks.
                      I'm losing it. you're right. LS beat Brookline, not NN.

Comment

Holliston vs Seekonk 3:30pm
                        Masconomet vs Concord Carlisle 6pm

Comment

Trying to make sense to why one D-1S semifinal is two days apart from the other, one being yesterday and the other tomorrow? The Wellesley/Silver Lake winner is playing 3 games in 5 days, if they defeat BC High, where the north winner would have a rest period of 3 games in 8 days. Am I missing something? MIAA once again clueless.

Playing 3 games in 5 days is a huge disadvantage, especially considering those games are expected to all be close and there may not be a chance to rest the starters.

Comment

Biggest surprised of the tournament so far? Foxboro

Comment

Biggest surprised of the tournament so far? Foxboro
                              Agree, with maybe 10th seed BC high second?? Although, they drew a very favorable side of the bracket.

Comment

Agree, with maybe 10th seed BC high second?? Although, they drew a very favorable side of the bracket.
                                I would've said going into the tournament that BC High would've been favored in all 3 matches they won.

Might be able to make a case for East Boston this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X