X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Height doesn’t matter in soccer. Stop making excuses

correct... height doesn't matter in soccer.. but if I'm not mistaken we live in the USA which isn't really soccer, Ask the rest of the world :)

Comment

The 06 team is competitive ... opps I mean 06/07 team is competitive they went 3-5-2 against teams that clearly weigh their team on 1 quarter birth years or in the 85th percentile in height and weight. The boys program will start to flourish in the up coming years, The COE winter program is run there which is already gaining intrest from parents. the facility will attract folks.
      COE Training has a good reputation. My son is getting great training and loves it. Level of players is high so the workouts are fantastic. Judging from the backpacks you have players from CFC, Oakwood, Sporting, Rush, SSC and Everton. I’m sure there are others. COE is great because coaches are truly neutral so no recruiting going on. Also learned that I am happy to drive to Bethany one time per week. Live East of New Haven and the trip sucks. I cannot see any boys families wanting that trip multiple times per week. Also seeing draw for girls decreasing from this area. Too many other options that are more convenient.

Comment

COE Training has a good reputation. My son is getting great training and loves it. Level of players is high so the workouts are fantastic. Judging from the backpacks you have players from CFC, Oakwood, Sporting, Rush, SSC and Everton. I’m sure there are others. COE is great because coaches are truly neutral so no recruiting going on. Also learned that I am happy to drive to Bethany one time per week. Live East of New Haven and the trip sucks. I cannot see any boys families wanting that trip multiple times per week. Also seeing draw for girls decreasing from this area. Too many other options that are more convenient.
        Good reputation where? Around the field itself where parents are chatting and trying to reinforce to themselves that they made a good decision to pay for more training? Seriously doubting many (any) players from the clubs mentioned. More like CFC branch kids looking for decent training that their branches never provide.

Comment

Good reputation where? Around the field itself where parents are chatting and trying to reinforce to themselves that they made a good decision to pay for more training? Seriously doubting many (any) players from the clubs mentioned. More like CFC branch kids looking for decent training that their branches never provide.
          COE definitely has good reputation. Unlike old ODP you have quality trainers who are nuetral. They run great 90 minute sessions. High tempo, minimal breaks, quality instruction. On field adjacent to the COE Training is some sort of CFC multi age skills training for girls. That session was not at the tempo that COE was at for entire 1.5 hours. Not saying that CFC does not have quality coaches and training. But when you watch these two sessions side by side the difference is stark. Someone better get a memo to those CFC coaches to up their game quick. Does not reflect well on their program.

Comment

Never heard of them at all.

Comment

It’s had several names. Run by John Curtis and Alan O’Keefe. It’s quality.

Comment

Never heard of them at all.
                Either your kid does not play at a sorry club or you do not have "sucker" tattooed on your forehead ....

We're sorry your kid plays at an awful club and needs to pay for more training, but we are offering great training for only $99.99/session!! But wait, we will double your workouts for the same price and we guarantee your coach will have an accent! There's more ..... if you act now, we will also guarantee that the session will be slightly faster than most travel programs and all CFC branches! Hurry, this is a limited time offer ... COE .... we have "Excellence" in our name, and you can trust us! Some of our coaches even have D and E licenses!! Coming soon, "futsal" ... it's all the rage and we can squeeze even more kids onto a smaller basketball surface .... all for the same great, low price!

Comment

COE equals another money grab...Your club should be providing training...

Comment

They target u-little parents who know nothing and especially the ones at under-performing clubs where you can assemble a bunch of seals and sloths that appear to have more ball skills and speed, respectively, than they are used to.

Comment

... and if they aren't why are you wasting your money?!?! Get out now and find a better place.

Comment

Either your kid does not play at a sorry club or you do not have "sucker" tattooed on your forehead ....

We're sorry your kid plays at an awful club and needs to pay for more training, but we are offering great training for only $99.99/session!! But wait, we will double your workouts for the same price and we guarantee your coach will have an accent! There's more ..... if you act now, we will also guarantee that the session will be slightly faster than most travel programs and all CFC branches! Hurry, this is a limited time offer ... COE .... we have "Excellence" in our name, and you can trust us! Some of our coaches even have D and E licenses!! Coming soon, "futsal" ... it's all the rage and we can squeeze even more kids onto a smaller basketball surface .... all for the same great, low price!
                        You make a great point about having to go outside of club for additional training. Happy with our club and training is very good. Only two sessions per week and my kid wants more. Sunday night in Bethany works well. Great standard and all the kids are quality players. I also like that they come from a bunch of different clubs including The Big 3. Kids are all ballers, the training is quality, nice facility and the timing works for my kid. I am very comfortable paying the extra fee for the quality service. No one has a gun to my head. I don’t care what the accent is as long as the coaches know what they are doing. These guys know their stuff. Doesn’t hurt that John has a decent professional career in England that included Man U. Not necessary but gives him some street cred.

Comment

Many clubs do but some players want even more. Or they want more training so they can get to the higher level clubs that have better training. COE has excellent supplemental training. No one is forced to participate and not everyone who wants to is chosen to participate. Both my kids have done it - great coaching and quality players to train with. In fact a better concentration of talent than with their club teams because there's good kids from clubs all over.

Comment

Many clubs do but some players want even more. Or they want more training so they can get to the higher level clubs that have better training. COE has excellent supplemental training. No one is forced to participate and not everyone who wants to is chosen to participate. Both my kids have done it - great coaching and quality players to train with. In fact a better concentration of talent than with their club teams because there's good kids from clubs all over.
                            I agree. My child plays at a small club. She is one of the better players on her team (good team), she does not have to travel a lot and she gets a ton of playing time. Coach is very good and she is developing. She loves the the training with COE and she has no desire to switch clubs. She loves playing the game and I love supporting her passion for the game. She has good friends on her team and all is good. If she ever said she wanted to play at one of the big clubs I would support her but I really hope she never gets that bug.

Comment

Boys ECNL is one word - TERRIBLE

Oppps two more - Money grab

Comment

Boys ECNL is one word - TERRIBLE

Oppps two more - Money grab
                                Interesting since the BDA is about to fold. Guess who’s last man standing?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X