•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelton beats mercy in pks
    0-0 after ot

Comment

Hey guys, I’ve been out of the country for the past several days and I’m just trying to get caught up... I’m wondering how the SCC big dogs are doing in the tournament so far. I know it’s still a bit early, but how are things looking for the teams we’ve all been hearing so much about (Shelton, Mercy, Cheshire, Southington, Amity, etc)? Any banners likely this year for the aforementioned? Bring me up to speed... thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hey guys, I’ve been out of the country for the past several days and I’m just trying to get caught up... I’m wondering how the SCC big dogs are doing in the tournament so far. I know it’s still a bit early, but how are things looking for the teams we’ve all been hearing so much about (Shelton, Mercy, Cheshire, Southington, Amity, etc)? Any banners likely this year for the aforementioned? Bring me up to speed... thanks in advance.
        You come to talking soccer to get brought up to speed? The CIAC has something called a website where you can actually look up scores and schedules and all cool stuff like that. Who would have thought?

Comment

You come to talking soccer to get brought up to speed? The CIAC has something called a website where you can actually look up scores and schedules and all cool stuff like that. Who would have thought?
          You apparently come to TS to get trolled. Who would have thought?

Comment

That daniel hand dad playing dr obvious. Hey d000che. Stop

Comment

That daniel hand dad playing dr obvious. Hey d000che. Stop
              Swing and miss. Just curious how the conference is doing overall?

Comment

Swing and miss. Just curious how the conference is doing overall?
                cheshire got stomped.

Comment

cheshire got stomped.
                  I think only SCC team still alive is Hand HS. The SCC Girls is being exposed as a weak league. Mercy and Shelton were their top teams and I believe both are out.

Comment

I think only SCC team still alive is Hand HS. The SCC Girls is being exposed as a weak league. Mercy and Shelton were their top teams and I believe both are out.
                    Can't play fsa kick ball and win a title.

Comment

You can’t expect a bunch of girls that play for Shelton travel to compete with a FCIAC team do you? Cheshire is full of Academica players. Mercy is full of Sporting. You can win the JV leagues but not CCC or SWC or FCIAC

You need Yankee, CFC ECNL or FSA ECNL players to win. Oakwood didn’t allow their girls to play high school so they are not around.

Comment

You can’t expect a bunch of girls that play for Shelton travel to compete with a FCIAC team do you? Cheshire is full of Academica players. Mercy is full of Sporting. You can win the JV leagues but not CCC or SWC or FCIAC

You need Yankee, CFC ECNL or FSA ECNL players to win. Oakwood didn’t allow their girls to play high school so they are not around.
                        CCC is weak with the exception of Glastonbury

Bottom line is that the larger population schools win. SCC LL schools barely qualify for LL. They all lack the depth to compete. They all have one thing in common, maybe one high level Club kid surrounded by travel kids

Comment

CCC is weak with the exception of Glastonbury

Bottom line is that the larger population schools win. SCC LL schools barely qualify for LL. They all lack the depth to compete. They all have one thing in common, maybe one high level Club kid surrounded by travel kids
                          Well ridgefield won a title with none of those programs kids

Comment

untrue- at least 4-6 are yu kids, including CM

Comment

Ridgefield has plenty of club kids

Comment

The SWC is not a better league than the SCC. FCIAC yes, SWC no. If you believe that the SWC is superior your are an idiot. Shelton was a better team than Masuk all season, and like Masuk, would be alive in Class L. This was proven on the field in September.

Trumbull was the better team than Shelton the other night but the fact of the matter is that Shelton suffered in injuries that took 3 of their 4 defenders - all seniors out of all or a large portion of the game. In addition a senior starting midfielder was out with a concussion suffered in the SCC title game and another starting midfielder played sparingly with an injury. Call it an excuse all you want but that defense was the No. 1 reason for Shelton's success all season.

Facts are facts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X