Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am in the profession as well. the drainage absoultely has to be finished before the fields can go in. the site needs to be able to drain.

that being said, and based on my experience in this field of work. you may not see any buildings completed until at least the end of 2020. these things take time (approvals, resubmittals, weather, contractors, etc)
    An attorney has said the same for a while now also.

Comment

The status of Kings Park facility is critical to some families excepting offers after tryouts or incumbents staying or going. Do I need to drive to Kings Park or do I not and when will that trip start. Barca is not exactly forth coming with that information. I’m sure family’s in Suffolk can’t wait for that facility to open but players and their families West have a very hard decision to make. I for one don’t want to see it built because I’m in Nassau.

Comment

yeah but you would think they would strategically try and get *some* of the fields done first, so that they could be usable at least this summer (summer camps = pure profit). road + fields + porta-potty definitely could be done quickly.
        You can't use the fields until you have a sewers, parking lots, roads, electricity, bathrooms, etc.

Comment

When does construction ever go as planned. More often than not circumstances arise that are unforeseen. Such as SUSA and their fields. They thought they would be done by now as well. However, they had drainage issues and had to submit new drainage plans. The earliest you will see any fields at SUSA would be perhaps fall 2019. So there you go two projects that were supposed to be done over a year ago but are yet to be completed. Sh1t happens, get over it! They will be done at some point. Neither project is hindering training or games.
          Exactly, SUSA's original plan was to take over the Sachem fields 3 years ago. They even showed up with a certified check to a school board meeting to lock up the contract before things went to hell. It's 3 years later and they still don't have a single field of their own up and running. Things are being built but at this point they are most likely looking at next spring at the earliest before they are able to use any part of the Central Islip facility.

Comment

The status of Kings Park facility is critical to some families excepting offers after tryouts or incumbents staying or going. Do I need to drive to Kings Park or do I not and when will that trip start. Barca is not exactly forth coming with that information. I’m sure family’s in Suffolk can’t wait for that facility to open but players and their families West have a very hard decision to make. I for one don’t want to see it built because I’m in Nassau.
            If it's worrying you, play for another club.

See, problem solved. Was that so hard?

Comment

How can Barca be "forthcoming with that information". Their hands are tied. My son has played with Barca since the beginning and not once have I been given a definitive date as to when the fields will be done. I travel from Queens to bring my kids because I believe their training is second to none. The facility will be an added bonus but it is not the determining factor to keep my kids there. If having fields is all some current players or potential players care about then make your decision now.

Comment

How can Barca be "forthcoming with that information". Their hands are tied. My son has played with Barca since the beginning and not once have I been given a definitive date as to when the fields will be done. I travel from Queens to bring my kids because I believe their training is second to none. The facility will be an added bonus but it is not the determining factor to keep my kids there. If having fields is all some current players or potential players care about then make your decision now.
                It has nothing to do with if they have there own fields or if they continue renting. If they go to KP then my my commute gets borderline ridiculous. Commute time is a deal breaker, why don’t more kids play RBNY, I’ll tell you why. They are not driving to Whippany during the PM rush.

Comment

It has nothing to do with if they have there own fields or if they continue renting. If they go to KP then my my commute gets borderline ridiculous. Commute time is a deal breaker, why don’t more kids play RBNY, I’ll tell you why. They are not driving to Whippany during the PM rush.
                  Again, this is simple. If you don't want to drive to KP, take your kid to another club.

It's youth soccer, not the world cup. There are plenty of good options all over the Island for your kid to play at.

Comment

Again, this is simple. If you don't want to drive to KP, take your kid to another club.

It's youth soccer, not the world cup. There are plenty of good options all over the Island for your kid to play at.
                    Of course. When a club relocates it will change some players ability to attend. Knowing when that will ahooen is important. Why get involved with a team when you know they are gone in a year?

Comment

Of course. When a club relocates it will change some players ability to attend. Knowing when that will ahooen is important. Why get involved with a team when you know they are gone in a year?
                      Barca does not own the facility. They are not building the facility. They are not funding the facility. The facility is being developed by Prospect Sports and they will be done when they will be done. The original hope was that it would already be done, but obviously that didn't happen and it is equally obvious that it isn't looking good for this summer either. And if I was a betting man, I would bet against the facility being ready until summer 2020.

Unfortunately that is the nature of these kinds of projects. For example, SUSA is similarly years behind their original goals.

If that level of uncertainty is more than you can handle, find another club. Whining about it isn't going to change the situation. It is out of Barca's control.

Comment

So why is Barca still in bed with Prospect Sports if they can’t provide a facility in a timely manner? Isn’t there another facility within 50 miles of midtown Manhattan that can be used?

Comment

So why is Barca still in bed with Prospect Sports if they can’t provide a facility in a timely manner? Isn’t there another facility within 50 miles of midtown Manhattan that can be used?
                          Lol, do you really think that there is an unoccupied facility with 10 turf fields just lying around somewhere on Long Island waiting for Barca to swoop in and take it over?

I'll answer that for you, no, there isn't.

Comment

10 fields? So with your reasoning Barca has carte blanche to move around like gypsies until they have 10 fields. Spoiler Alert - It never happens.

BTW, there are plenty of HS’s and Colleges that have space but I guess that option only applies if your an international football club with money to burn.

GM Tyler.

Comment

its also not that easy to get into RBNY Academy. Am i missing something? not saying it's easier to get into Barca, but Barca has a lot more teams and options for all skill levels.

Comment

hi - professional here again. it really has nothing to do with Prospect Sports. sure maybe some politically motivated actions happened on the Town's part, I don't know. but this is not unique to Prospect Sports, ANY contractor would have had this nightmare that the town is causing. and, yeh, it's the town. ALL towns. NOT just Smithtown.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X