Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its a huge conference so the home and away thing seems unnecessary. I was looking at Sheehan, they play in the SCC but get spared from playing any of the better teams. Whereas Shelton, Guilford, Cheshire and Shelton all mostly see one another twice. Seems like the SCC really hamstrings their teams when it comes to tournament seeding.

For what it's worth, no conference is without its cream puff games. The FCIAC has its guaranteed wins as well. Three of the worst teams in the state in LL are FCIAC
    Yes, in soccer. In other sports not as much. Can't have one setup for one sport and different ones for others. I do agree that SCC is really screwy how most teams just play each other twice. We play every teams once with the exception of one school twice (but only one is league game). When teams can only get in a few scrimmages preseason that doesn't give SCC teams as many challenges or variety of competition.

Comment

Yes, in soccer. In other sports not as much. Can't have one setup for one sport and different ones for others. I do agree that SCC is really screwy how most teams just play each other twice. We play every teams once with the exception of one school twice (but only one is league game). When teams can only get in a few scrimmages preseason that doesn't give SCC teams as many challenges or variety of competition.
      I think the SCC made alignments in certain sports to make things more competitive. Guilford playing Hand twice probably makes for a better game than laying the wood to Wilbur Cross or Lyman Hall by 9 goals. The downside is that it doesn't provide for a spread of opponents and can create paper tigers like Sheehan HS that can amass 12 wins by playing mainly sub .500 teams. Not a great system.

They should all just play once and set the conference tournament by win total. Declaring a division winner seems meaningless anyway. This puts everyone on equal footing and doesn't penalize schools when the State tournament rolls around.

Comment

I think the SCC made alignments in certain sports to make things more competitive. Guilford playing Hand twice probably makes for a better game than laying the wood to Wilbur Cross or Lyman Hall by 9 goals. The downside is that it doesn't provide for a spread of opponents and can create paper tigers like Sheehan HS that can amass 12 wins by playing mainly sub .500 teams. Not a great system.

They should all just play once and set the conference tournament by win total. Declaring a division winner seems meaningless anyway. This puts everyone on equal footing and doesn't penalize schools when the State tournament rolls around.
        Boys L and to a less extent LL get screwed up with all the tech schools being included. They're all pretty much awful and never do anything in the state tourney.

Comment

Class LL - Cheshire 2, Brien McMahon 1(2OT)
          Ha! You FCIAC people think you play good soccer and have the best teams. A mid table SCC team beats one of your best. I have seen your top teams play that horrible kick and run. I will admit you do have a the top of spoiled brats Give it a rest....

Comment

Nice job calling out a teenage girl. Douche.
            Typical Fairfield County

Comment

Ha! You FCIAC people think you play good soccer and have the best teams. A mid table SCC team beats one of your best. I have seen your top teams play that horrible kick and run. I will admit you do have a the top of spoiled brats Give it a rest....
              The 7th seed in a league of 16 is mid table moron

Comment

Fciac awards out...

Comment

Fciac awards out...
                  Wilton girls get the "barbaric hoard bum rush" award. Congrats.

Comment

Wilton girls get the "barbaric hoard bum rush" award. Congrats.
                    They were in therunning for the lady bing trophy but ended up with the Attila the Hun
                    Congrats

Comment

You cannot tell me that 5 staples players made first team and not a single wilton player made it! Who's in charge of this?!?! Someone's getting strangled!!!

Comment

You cannot tell me that 5 staples players made first team and not a single wilton player made it! Who's in charge of this?!?! Someone's getting strangled!!!
                        Right! But, slow down. Have a couple of beers first.

Comment

Nice job calling out a teenage girl. Douche.
                          Second that. Wow how do you think it would make you or a loved one feel by being called out by a random internet creep

Comment

New Canaan putting together a nice little run here.

Comment

New Canaan putting together a nice little run here.
                              Ndf was a nice little story but congrats on your win
                              Good luck sat

Comment

Ndf was a nice little story but congrats on your win
                                Good luck sat
                                Warde....choked on the bone again!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X