Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hahahaha...did your sweat pants get tight as types this?
    Crossfire, only marginally better..and we all know why? Correct me if I am wrong, but how many times has the 05 wst team beaten crossfire in 3 years? I will wait. I will give you a hint, you only need 1 finger (and pretty sure you know which one I mean) I assume your "we all know why" snarky little comment was meant to imply that Crossfire players are not good enough to go to TA. However, you would be wrong. Crossfire players CHOSE not to go. They love their club, and realize there is no benefit to playing TA at this age. Oh, and back when you had all of your TA players, what was your record against Crossfire? Sod off ass clown. You are as big of a joke as your team.
    CFC 3, Crossfire 2.

Don't have very good timing, do you? This post is like Rene Huigita getting stripped at midfield in the 1990 World Cup, but even more embarrassing.

Better than the DA? No effing way. Unless you are going to try and tell us that all six "little DA" teams are all better than the DA, because it's rather obvious that any one of them can beat any other on a given night.

Look, I get it. Stuff happens when middle school kids play soccer. Someone stayed up too late last night playing Fortnite. Someone didn't have a good wholesome breakfast. Someone spent the entire time worrying that their Benz would be broken into at the prison yard.

And despite all their troubles this season--two weeks ago, this team got smoked by UPDX, and earlier in the year, received a 3-0 beatdown at the hands of WashT, who Crossfire clobbered recently by the same score--I'm not terribly surprised that it was CFC who did the deed. Despite some coaching and consistency issues, Capital is big and fast and skilled, and has an excellent keeper. They're a team that can get shots and finish even against a set defense (rather than only being able to win with bootball), and they have one of the better keepers in the Oregon DA.

But it doesn't matter. If you're going to come in here and talk the sort of smack that the Crossfire honks like to talk, then you gotta walk the walk. Losing to Capital doesn't make that case--it makes the case that your critics are right (and you're persistent insecurity suggests you have the same fear): that Crossfire does well in middle-school soccer due to early-bloomer athletes, but as the kids move in to high school, you'll get exposed. And for that reason, the local pro soccer team (which is well aware of this phenomenon) chooses technical skill over big and fast, even if big and fast is what wins games at ODP.

So please. Spare us all the "we're equal to or better than TA" talk. It's getting tiresome, and makes you all look foolish.

Comment

Predictions!

FC 4, WT 0. Two teams moving in opposite directions. WT will get exposed early and often.
      Actual: WT 2, FC 1. Bzzt! Thank you for playing.

WashT 3, UPDX 3. Neither team can box their way out of a paper bag. This will be real boring. Kids missing balls and falling done..
      Actual: UPDX 2, WashT 1. Don't know what happened here, but UPDX has won two in a row, and is undefeated in their last three (last four if you count the forfeit against CFC).

Crossfire 0, CFC 1. This one is easy. Crossfire is slowly getting worse with every tick of the clock. There will be many cautions and at least one red.
      Final score was wrong, but CFC indeed knocks off the Clackistanis. Only one yellow card, to XFire's keeper. But yes, the biological clock is ticking....

FC will emerge from the weekend as the team to beat. The rest are chumps.
      I'll just let that one hang out there... no further comment is necessary.

Comment

CFC 3, Crossfire 2.

Don't have very good timing, do you? This post is like Rene Huigita getting stripped at midfield in the 1990 World Cup, but even more embarrassing.

Better than the DA? No effing way. Unless you are going to try and tell us that all six "little DA" teams are all better than the DA, because it's rather obvious that any one of them can beat any other on a given night.

Look, I get it. Stuff happens when middle school kids play soccer. Someone stayed up too late last night playing Fortnite. Someone didn't have a good wholesome breakfast. Someone spent the entire time worrying that their Benz would be broken into at the prison yard.

And despite all their troubles this season--two weeks ago, this team got smoked by UPDX, and earlier in the year, received a 3-0 beatdown at the hands of WashT, who Crossfire clobbered recently by the same score--I'm not terribly surprised that it was CFC who did the deed. Despite some coaching and consistency issues, Capital is big and fast and skilled, and has an excellent keeper. They're a team that can get shots and finish even against a set defense (rather than only being able to win with bootball), and they have one of the better keepers in the Oregon DA.

But it doesn't matter. If you're going to come in here and talk the sort of smack that the Crossfire honks like to talk, then you gotta walk the walk. Losing to Capital doesn't make that case--it makes the case that your critics are right (and you're persistent insecurity suggests you have the same fear): that Crossfire does well in middle-school soccer due to early-bloomer athletes, but as the kids move in to high school, you'll get exposed. And for that reason, the local pro soccer team (which is well aware of this phenomenon) chooses technical skill over big and fast, even if big and fast is what wins games at ODP.

So please. Spare us all the "we're equal to or better than TA" talk. It's getting tiresome, and makes you all look foolish.
        Xfire Played like a team out of sorts today, rarely first to the ball and once again did not finish great scoring chances and CFC made the most of theirs. Even as poorly as they played they scratched back into the game after being down 2-0 and had the score tied until giving up a late goal for the final score line. Capital stayed spaced and connected and moved the ball well today. I got the impression xfire may have been looking towards this weekend and facing lafc in Oceanside and got beat because of it. Give CFC credit...

Comment

Haha...better than TA, huh? Westside is the best team in DA outside of TA, and it is not even close.
          One game does not make westside the best team, Nov. 17th will put an end to your blowhard ways

Comment

Haha...better than TA, huh? Westside is the best team in DA outside of TA, and it is not even close.
            Who did westside lose to on sept 8th by a score of 4-2, oh yeah us capitol FC. IMHO CFC just might be the dark horse who ends up on top at the end of the year...

Comment

CFC 3, Crossfire 2.

I normally do not post on here, but I feel compelled to do so now. I take it there have been some over zealous Crossfire parents on here who have rubbed you the wrong way. I get it. Our team lost today, so it is now time to eat some crow. Fair enough, it is time to eat crow. However, I would like to ask a question. What is the difference between others say on here, and what you are saying now? I was at the game today and can honestly say CFC played very well. They deserved to win. No excuses. Crossfire had many opportunities to win, and did not convert. Not because of defending or goal keeping (although both were very good) but because the Crossfire players did not convert. Does that warrant your comments about kids that you know nothing about?

I can only speak for THIS team, and not previous Crossfire teams. I am not at all sure how they have done in the past, so I will take your word for it. However, how does that tell us anything about this group and how they will perform in the upcoming years. This group has been successful for 3 years now. None of us can say that will not be the case moving forward. You mention insecurities and "The DA" (which I assume you mean to be Timbers academy?) As I am sure you are aware, TA at this age is merely the same as DA for us and the other local clubs. I hope the boys at TA are having fun, developing and continue to love the game...just as our boys do. That is the goal, right? To wish for anything less (which it would appear that you do) indicates serious insecurities to me.

I cannot say what TA does or does not look for in their players. I am sure being good at soccer is probably one thing. I do know that they do look for players that tryout and want to play for TA. No Crossfire players that I am aware of have tried out or indicated that they want to play for TA. So, please tell me why you seem to have so many comments to make about Crossfire, and how their players are not wanted? You do realize that only 3 Crossfire players played ODP, and they are small to average size players. Neither you nor I can say who would win in a match between TA or Crossfire. Any team can be beat, and at this age "any team" is usually beaten a time or two. Congratulations CFC, I like your team, I like your field, and I liked your hospitality today. The weather....eh, you can't control that.

Comment

Your end of October poll of one voter, such as it is. Two teams have firmly established themselves in the pecking order so far, and the other four I'm not going to rank.

1) Crossfire (6-1-1), 21GF (2.63/game), 11GA (1.375/game), +10GD

No, they didn't get demoted despite losing to CFC today. They are still a game up on Westside (assuming Westside win their game in hand), and have had a stingy defense all season long. What to make of today's game? I'll assume it is a fluke for now--this happens--but the concern with this team is that each week the games get faster and the pace gets quicker, and this team--which has enjoyed physical advantages over their opponents--may see that evaporate. But for now, they're still #1 in the Oregon DA.

2) Westside (4-2-1), 17GF (2.43/game), 13GA (2.14/game), +4GD.

After a sluggish start to the season, this team seems to be hitting its stride. In the first three games, Westside gave up 9 goals, but since then has only given up 4 in four games. With the victory over FC, both early-season losses have been avenged. A technically-sound team that passes well, presses everywhere on the field, plays smart soccer, and is reasonably deep--the main thing holding them back is poor finishing in the final third.

The next four teams have more or less identical records, so I'm not going to rank them. Presented in order of goal differential, they are:

CFC (2-1-4*) 13GF (1.86/game), 14GA (2.0/game), -1GD

Again, forced to forfeit a win against UPDX (leading 3-1) when coach was forced to leave and match was abandoned. Been hit and miss all season with this crew. Have a few players who are very skilled, but have not been able to string together any consistency. Have a very strong center-mid and keeper, and a striker who is a matchup nightmare. But have a hard time putting it together for 80 minutes.

WashT (2-1-4) 10GF (1.43/game), 11GA (1.57/game), -1GD

A team heading in the wrong direction. Undefeated in the first three, followed by four straight losses. One player, who lit up the scoreboard at the end of last season and started this one hot, seems to be struggling. A reason for optimism is that this is a well-coached team, that is the most religious in the Oregon DA of playing out of the back, and appears (according to what I've seen) to be one of the smaller teams. With some physical development, these guys could be dangerous.

FC (2-1-4) 11GF (1.57/game) 14GA (2.0/game), -3GD

A rebuilding project, one that has been moderately successful. Have had one of the rougher schedules of anyone (2 games so far against both Crossfire and Westside). AP has struggled to score this season without his former running-mates. Still quite good defensively, and have the best keeper in the Oregon DA.

UPDX (3*-1-4) 10GF (1.25/game), 19GA (2.38/game), -9GD

One of the wins was a forfeit against CFC; it counts as a win in the standings shown here, but the goals scored when the match was abandoned are counted in the statistics. Another team that has had a stronger October than September. The defense, which leaked like a sieve to start the season, has improved, and the team has improved its offensive output.

Comment

I normally do not post on here, but I feel compelled to do so now. I take it there have been some over zealous Crossfire parents on here who have rubbed you the wrong way. I get it. Our team lost today, so it is now time to eat some crow. Fair enough, it is time to eat crow. However, I would like to ask a question. What is the difference between others say on here, and what you are saying now? I was at the game today and can honestly say CFC played very well. They deserved to win. No excuses. Crossfire had many opportunities to win, and did not convert. Not because of defending or goal keeping (although both were very good) but because the Crossfire players did not convert. Does that warrant your comments about kids that you know nothing about?

I can only speak for THIS team, and not previous Crossfire teams. I am not at all sure how they have done in the past, so I will take your word for it. However, how does that tell us anything about this group and how they will perform in the upcoming years. This group has been successful for 3 years now. None of us can say that will not be the case moving forward. You mention insecurities and "The DA" (which I assume you mean to be Timbers academy?) As I am sure you are aware, TA at this age is merely the same as DA for us and the other local clubs. I hope the boys at TA are having fun, developing and continue to love the game...just as our boys do. That is the goal, right? To wish for anything less (which it would appear that you do) indicates serious insecurities to me.

I cannot say what TA does or does not look for in their players. I am sure being good at soccer is probably one thing. I do know that they do look for players that tryout and want to play for TA. No Crossfire players that I am aware of have tried out or indicated that they want to play for TA. So, please tell me why you seem to have so many comments to make about Crossfire, and how their players are not wanted? You do realize that only 3 Crossfire players played ODP, and they are small to average size players. Neither you nor I can say who would win in a match between TA or Crossfire. Any team can be beat, and at this age "any team" is usually beaten a time or two. Congratulations CFC, I like your team, I like your field, and I liked your hospitality today. The weather....eh, you can't control that.
                  Kids are selected to the Timbers MLS DA, if you have what they want which many of the other clubs have in spades, they will find you.

The Local area kids playing middles school classic soccer under a laughable (club) self appointed DA league label is not only disingenuous, it's simply meaningless.

Much the same as these league labels that some clubs participate in: USYS National League & US Club E.C. National League. Nothing has changed or gotten any better in Oregon with the our high end quality at clubs, if anything thing the 'big box' clubs have products that resemble 'Wal-Mart' quality in coaching and players.

Overpriced generic items.

It's no wonder none of them have ever been invited to the MLS DA in town. Is really that hard to figure out?

Comment

Kids are selected to the Timbers MLS DA, if you have what they want which many of the other clubs have in spades, they will find you.

The Local area kids playing middles school classic soccer under a laughable (club) self appointed DA league label is not only disingenuous, it's simply meaningless.

Much the same as these league labels that some clubs participate in: USYS National League & US Club E.C. National League. Nothing has changed or gotten any better in Oregon with the our high end quality at clubs, if anything thing the 'big box' clubs have products that resemble 'Wal-Mart' quality in coaching and players.

It's no wonder none of them have ever been invited to the MLS DA in town. Is really that hard to figure out?
                    Only thing worse than a koolaid drinker is a coolaid seller. When they wear those timbers patches, hard to tell when one starts and one ends.

Comment

You obviously have no clue, I won’t waste my time with you...

Comment

Talent and talent alone has never been the sole deciding factor for TA roster spots. In the past it was who paid Tracy and his cronies for private training that would get the nod most of the time and it went to an all time low for TA last years when the u13 squad was purchased by daddy billups and stocked with kids from his former club adf and extra throw ins from westside and other timbers affiliate clubs when certain others declined roster spots despite Fernando’s recruiting attempts during the second part of the oysa season and all through odp. Just because you continue to tell the lie it does not make it true. TA has added more good players this year but still does not have all the top players in the area for various reasons...

Comment

Talent and talent alone has never been the sole deciding factor for TA roster spots. In the past it was who paid Tracy and his cronies for private training that would get the nod most of the time and it went to an all time low for TA last years when the u13 squad was purchased by daddy billups and stocked with kids from his former club adf and extra throw ins from westside and other timbers affiliate clubs when certain others declined roster spots despite Fernando’s recruiting attempts during the second part of the oysa season and all through odp. Just because you continue to tell the lie it does not make it true. TA has added more good players this year but still does not have all the top players in the area for various reasons...
                          So tell us... there are 25 players currently on the Timbers U14 roster. One of them (ZA) is reportedly training in England (and according to the roster, has English nationality). Draco is on the roster, but has yet to appear in a game, as are a couple other former ADF kids.

Ignoring the Slytherins--how many players do you suppose don't belong; in other words, there are 05 players in OYSA or Oregon DA that could make a better case for being there? The most glaring omission from last season (TM) has been rectified. There are a few kids in Oregon DA who you could make a case for; but they'd be fighting for a spot, rather than slam dunks.

Comment

12 year old boys? You people have nothing better to do on a Sunday? Sad.
                            It is abnormal. No need to be weird about it.

Comment

So tell us... there are 25 players currently on the Timbers U14 roster. One of them (ZA) is reportedly training in England (and according to the roster, has English nationality). Draco is on the roster, but has yet to appear in a game, as are a couple other former ADF kids.

Ignoring the Slytherins--how many players do you suppose don't belong; in other words, there are 05 players in OYSA or Oregon DA that could make a better case for being there? The most glaring omission from last season (TM) has been rectified. There are a few kids in Oregon DA who you could make a case for; but they'd be fighting for a spot, rather than slam dunks.
                              ZA broke a bone from crashing on his sisters skateboard dipchit, that is why he is not currently playing- he is not training in England. But just like most things TA it is a lie to keep the image up. You obviously have no clue and should quit while you are ahead...

If talent alone is the consideration, over half the TA roster should be replaced and those replacing would include at least 4 starters pushing current startes to the bench so they are not maybes fighting for a spot. Your insecurity is palpable

Comment

ZA broke a bone from crashing on his sisters skateboard dipchit, that is why he is not currently playing- he is not training in England. But just like most things TA it is a lie to keep the image up. You obviously have no clue and should quit while you are ahead...

If talent alone is the consideration, over half the TA roster should be replaced and those replacing would include at least 4 starters pushing current startes to the bench so they are not maybes fighting for a spot. Your insecurity is palpable
                                And FYI, I am not one of the idiots that thinks TA would not not be at the top of the table if they played Oregon DA with most likely an unblemished record and huge goal differential. They do have the best “overall” concentration of talent now and more depth of good soccer players this year but still have several flaws and I would be hesitant to say they could even beat a mystic “little da all star” team half the time. That should not be the case, I know several kids have their reasons for not playing TA but talent is not one of them so time for a REALITY check and time to stop the lies TA. Also, quick question- are any of the new additions this year starting? Because the same chit you are spewing this year is the same chit you were spewing last year. I will just let that hang out there like sweat pants guy likes too

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X