Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Very few colleges attending that my daughter is interested in. So basically missing one day of school and spending 16 hours in the car for a few soccer games. Not my first choice.
    All the schools from East Coast will be there. Many not signed up on website yet or don't sign up but they will be there. My daughter spoke two schools this week that asked her if she was going b/c they would like to watch her. I looked and they are not registered. Send invite to all interested schools

Comment

Very few colleges attending that my daughter is interested in. So basically missing one day of school and spending 16 hours in the car for a few soccer games. Not my first choice.
      First of all, I'm surprised, but secondly, if the school your D is interested in isn't going to be there, it is probably a school she would be just as well served going to an ID camp and getting some one on one attention. All the big schools will be at Jeff. If your kid's pick isn't then it is probably a smaller D2 or D3 school and it's best to go visit and practice with them directly.

Comment

First of all, I'm surprised, but secondly, if the school your D is interested in isn't going to be there, it is probably a school she would be just as well served going to an ID camp and getting some one on one attention. All the big schools will be at Jeff. If your kid's pick isn't then it is probably a smaller D2 or D3 school and it's best to go visit and practice with them directly.
        I agree...which is why I'm not excited about going to VA. But she wants to so we'll make the most of it.

Comment

I agree...which is why I'm not excited about going to VA. But she wants to so we'll make the most of it.
          You never know what might happen and should take advantage of all opportunities to showcase your skills

Comment

im sure she will be just fine and ready to rock after spending 7 hours of driving with your miserable azz
            lose the tude and have a great time with your kid

Comment

There are a lot of non-athletic mothers that don't get their athletic daughters. They are the biggest impediment to the kids confidence and soccer career. Rather than supporting the dream, they bitch about 7 hour car rides. You know the Olympics commercial with the mother putting notes in the kids lunch box? That mother is a myth. Unless the mother was a college athlete, she ain't gonna get it, and the talented kid will wither on the vine.

Comment

im sure she will be just fine and ready to rock after spending 7 hours of driving with your miserable azz
                lose the tude and have a great time with your kid
                Yeah fatty. A lot of great schools along that ride. Why don’t you call admissions the coaching staffs and stop in and see the campus. Virginia has William and Mary, Richmond and uva. Great schools. William and Mary is a bargain for out of state students and a very good academic school. Richmond is an awesome campus with some great facilities and uva is a fantastic school. Or stop along the way and make it fun. Visit Georgetown and dc get some Georgetown cupcakes for your thunder thighs. Maybe you can find a pussyhat march that you can attend and make it worth your time.

There is a reason your are at fsa and you just showed it.

Comment

There are a lot of non-athletic mothers that don't get their athletic daughters. They are the biggest impediment to the kids confidence and soccer career. Rather than supporting the dream, they bitch about 7 hour car rides. You know the Olympics commercial with the mother putting notes in the kids lunch box? That mother is a myth. Unless the mother was a college athlete, she ain't gonna get it, and the talented kid will wither on the vine.
                  lol...but that was an FSA parent bit*hing about the drive which pretty much explains everything. A parent that doesn't want to participate and a club that doesn't want to do more than the minimum either (like canceling the prior event when every other Northeastern club made it). A match made in heaven.

Comment

lol...but that was an FSA parent bit*hing about the drive which pretty much explains everything. A parent that doesn't want to participate and a club that doesn't want to do more than the minimum either (like canceling the prior event when every other Northeastern club made it). A match made in heaven.
                    You guys are all ridiculous. So some of you would choose to spend 15 hours in a car as quality time? Is that the only way you can get your daughter to stay in the same room with you? I can think of lots of other ways that I'd rather spend time than in a car.

And that's great that Richmond, Williams & Mary...blah, blah, blah. But if your kid doesn't want to go to school down there...again, waste of time.

You guys are showing your lack of understanding about the process. Going to showcases is like throwing stuff on the wall to see what will stick. Which coaches will come to the games? Will they be there when you are on the field? Will you be involved much during the time they are there? Leaves too much to chance. Best way is to go to their clinics, not to spend 3 days hoping for the best. Maybe you think missing a day of school and spending $500-$1,000 for 3 soccer games is worth it but I don't.

EAD

Comment

You guys are all ridiculous. So some of you would choose to spend 15 hours in a car as quality time? Is that the only way you can get your daughter to stay in the same room with you? I can think of lots of other ways that I'd rather spend time than in a car.

And that's great that Richmond, Williams & Mary...blah, blah, blah. But if your kid doesn't want to go to school down there...again, waste of time.

You guys are showing your lack of understanding about the process. Going to showcases is like throwing stuff on the wall to see what will stick. Which coaches will come to the games? Will they be there when you are on the field? Will you be involved much during the time they are there? Leaves too much to chance. Best way is to go to their clinics, not to spend 3 days hoping for the best. Maybe you think missing a day of school and spending $500-$1,000 for 3 soccer games is worth it but I don't.

EAD
                      Coaches from up and down the seaboard from FL to Maine go to Jeff Cup (link). Not every kid wants to go to school an hour from home. Coaches will come watch if you do your homework ahead of time (find schools and soccer that is a good fit, express interest, send resume and video) and they're interested. Yes often times a follow up camp is needed, but why spend the time and money on a camp if they're not interested to begin with?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/c...?EventID=61043

Comment

Coaches from up and down the seaboard from FL to Maine go to Jeff Cup (link). Not every kid wants to go to school an hour from home. Coaches will come watch if you do your homework ahead of time (find schools and soccer that is a good fit, express interest, send resume and video) and they're interested. Yes often times a follow up camp is needed, but why spend the time and money on a camp if they're not interested to begin with?

https://events.gotsport.com/events/c...?EventID=61043
                        My kids been to Jeff Cup a couple of times. It's a worthwhile tournament.

Comment

Yeah fatty. A lot of great schools along that ride. Why don’t you call admissions the coaching staffs and stop in and see the campus. Virginia has William and Mary, Richmond and uva. Great schools. William and Mary is a bargain for out of state students and a very good academic school. Richmond is an awesome campus with some great facilities and uva is a fantastic school. Or stop along the way and make it fun. Visit Georgetown and dc get some Georgetown cupcakes for your thunder thighs. Maybe you can find a pussyhat march that you can attend and make it worth your time.

There is a reason your are at fsa and you just showed it.
                          you are an idiot- im all for going and have taken all my kids as they come of age- will be there again this year, its a great tourney
                          you need to learn to read- BTW im not fat Im pleasantly plump

Comment

Two FSA ECNL teams going to Jeff Cup. they bumped the NPL teams that were supposed to go. So, it's PDA and NEFC for the FSA NPL teams.
                            They didn't get bumped...they did not get accepted. It is a nice spin though.

Comment

They didn't get bumped...they did not get accepted. It is a nice spin though.
                              They did get accepted for some reason, but their own club bumped them in favor of sending their "top" teams instead after the FL debacle.

Comment

They did get accepted for some reason, but their own club bumped them in favor of sending their "top" teams instead after the FL debacle.
                                I smell som BS.... sniff sniff

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X